• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

villainous characters durability downgrade

Why are Black Hat's DR.Flug counterattacks handled directly? Wouldn't this be a complete outlier and Demencia exceed DR.Flug's durability and therefore the whole series wouldn't measure up to each other? and 5.0.5 also have the same thing in their profiles, the feats of these characters are tier 7 and tier 8, so basically this is a complete outlier.

Last edited:
Dr. Flug needs a simple reason not to be an outlier in this case and we cannot comment without knowing the people who know this series, if there is no such reason, it would be an outlier for him to succeed beyond his power and potential.

For example; (DCEU) Batman being able to keep up with Superman and hurt him would obviously be an outlier because batman is between layers 10-8 while superman is between layers 5-6 and that is an outlier, but there is a reason why Batman is not an outlier and that is kryptonite (a highly powerful stone that helps weaken superman).

For dr. flug, I think this endurance achievement is treated as l2c and probably (by vsbw, of course I don't know about black hat), so we can say that inferring a probability from this means that you cannot know anything for sure about its truth or falsity unless the opposite happens. So if you say that something is absolutely true or false you are committing the fallacy of argument from ignorance.

Summary: In short, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and in this case extraordinary achievements require extraordinary potentials.

Dr. Flug needs a simple reason not to be an outlier in this case and we cannot comment without knowing the people who know this series, if there is no such reason, it would be an outlier for him to succeed beyond his power and potential.

For example; (DCEU) Batman being able to keep up with Superman and hurt him would obviously be an outlier because batman is between layers 10-8 while superman is between layers 5-6 and that is an outlier, but there is a reason why Batman is not an outlier and that is kryptonite (a highly powerful stone that helps weaken superman).

For dr. flug, I think this endurance achievement is treated as l2c and probably (by vsbw, of course I don't know about black hat), so we can say that inferring a probability from this means that you cannot know anything for sure about its truth or falsity unless the opposite happens. So if you say that something is absolutely true or false you are committing the fallacy of argument from ignorance.

Summary: In short, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and in this case extraordinary achievements require extraordinary potentials.
In general, dr.flug's feats are in tier 7 and tier 8, so there is no reason for him to buy posibbly low 2-c with standard equipment.

It's obviously an outlier with even just 1 anti-feat against it.

Yes, but first we have to find a justification to make sure we are doing the right thing before we act in this situation.
It's obviously an outlier with even just 1 anti-feat against it.

Taking l2c when it has a potential like tier 7... if they did such a thing without any justification, it is up to us to correct it.

But we can't provide that proof, someone who knows about the black line should tell us that.

By the way, if you agree with me, can you specify that "if there is no logic in taking l2c, it would be an outlier"

Evet ama öncelikle bu durumda harekete geçmeden önce doğru şeyi yaptığımızdan emin olmak için bir gerekçe bulmalıyız.
There is already a reason, the feats of the characters are tier 8 and 7, that is, I do not see why the low 2-C event should not be outlier.

was possible at first but reasoning kept dropping in plausibility as the series continued. Fine with the change

5.0.5 is weird cause it is regen but a part of him survives BH so 50/50 on that. BH keeps destroying him before he finishes growing

was possible at first but reasoning kept dropping in plausibility as the series continued. Fine with the change

5.0.5 is weird cause it is regen but a part of him survives BH so 50/50 on that. BH keeps destroying him before he finishes growing
There are really too many outliers in the series for them to be low 2-c

It's not a good reason even without outliers, BH is the type of villain that would bark about wanting him dead but won't seriously try to kill him, because he works for him & he needs that work, because he likes how they may live with the threat on their lives, and because that threat would keep him from doing mistakes in his mind. Yes, it's not impossible that BH would attack anyone at full power w/o committing to kill them, but that needs stronger evidence.

It's not a good reason even without outliers, BH is the type of villain that would bark about wanting him dead but won't seriously try to kill him, because he works for him & he needs that work, because he likes how they may live with the threat on their lives, and because that threat would keep him from doing mistakes in his mind. Yes, it's not impossible that BH would attack anyone at full power w/o committing to kill them, but that needs stronger evidence.
I don't understand what other kind of evidence is needed, wouldn't the feats of the characters be tier 7 or 8, a possible low 2-c durability, make them an outlier And yes, BH uses them as his servants and sends them on every mission, that's why he doesn't want them to die, we wouldn't buy posibbly low 2-c for this situation, if we did. The whole series would scale each other, and in the BEN 10 universe, the Galactic Gladiator damaged four arms, and the four arms withstood it, but this situation was outlier.

I was agreeing with you. "not a good reason" refers to 5.0.5.'s regen & how a part of him survives.

Flug can be downgraded safely, he's been Harmed by people who are nowhere near Black Hat

5.0.5 on the other hand, can't. It's literally never been Harmed by anything on-screen to my knowledge

Flug can be downgraded safely, he's been Harmed by people who are nowhere near Black Hat

5.0.5 on the other hand, can't. It's literally never been Harmed by anything on-screen to my knowledge
I guess even if that happened it would be an outlier

Yeah flug is good, series continued on.

5.0.5. itself needs to be updated, thread passed a while ago that pushed the characters to to tier 8 instead of the 9 it is at. Dem was able to hurt it by plucking a flower on its head or entering its throat which are weird but expectable scenarios that don't break its durability. The only real questionable one is "strongest acid".

This is why I put it in possibly and didn't just give it the tier. It is shown that BH despises this thing and wants it to die. Rn it is just his stress ball since BH just keeps killing him

Dem was able to hurt it by plucking a flower on its head
That's clearly harming him.
He clearly screams in pain before, and the lines around his body show he's in pain. Remove those 2 factors and it would be somewhat less clear if he's being hurt or if that's how his body looks like with Demencia inside.
It is shown that BH despises this thing and wants it to die. Rn it is just his stress ball since BH just keeps killing him
What do you mean "Rn"? I went over the former in this comment.

That's clearly harming him.
The flower is attached to his brain so this is why I mentioned it was a weird case.

He clearly screams in pain before, and the lines around his body show he's in pain. Remove those 2 factors and it would be somewhat less clear if he's being hurt or if that's how his body looks like with Demencia inside.
I think you could elaborate it as surprise due to the fact 505 still is terrified of Dem. And due to the size of Dem and where she is located it would straight up be choking 505 at the very least.

What do you mean "Rn"? I went over the former in this comment.
Yeah BH straight up kills 505 and his regular minions on the regular

desgraciadamente no he podido ver si su metabolismo se llega a alentar una vez llegada esta “fase” o no, ya que el amo Black Hat no deja de reventarlo una y otra vez, reiniciando el ciclo de crecimiento de 505, ya sea por enojo o a veces sin motivo aparente (supongo que debe de causarle algún tipo de gracia).

Unfortunately, I have not been able to see if its metabolism is encouraged once this "phase" is reached or not, since the master Black Hat keeps on bursting it over and over again, restarting the 505 growth cycle, either out of anger or sometimes for no apparent reason (I guess it must cause him some kind of amusement).
Villains - Dr. Flug's Research Log: Dem's Diary! pg 27

And more evidence for people like this. Every Hatbot-Ler straight up is a person who is in debt to the BH org with the brain of those people used in these things.

This would all be done as well before he even knew about the fact 505 could regen or how strong 505 was believed since it was considered a complete failure once created.

But again I just think this a possibly and not his main tier at the end of the day

Last edited:
The flower is attached to his brain itself so this is why I mentioned it was a weird case.
Ok then for that.
I think you could elaborate it as surprise due to the fact 505 still is terrified of Dem. And due to the size of Dem and where she is located it would straight up be choking 505 at the very least.
Being terrified of her is not reasonable next it harming him, that's excusatory. You can't just scream like that from shock, the lines around his body again show that he's in pain, it's not something that would come from shock alone.
Yeah BH straight up kills 505 and his regular minions on the regular
And more evidence for people like this. Every Hatbot-Ler straight up is a person who is in debt to the BH org with the brain of those people used in these things.
Not those 3 main ones that he has as part of his show and seem to do the most notable jobs, they're higher in the hierarchy. It's not a good argument.
desgraciadamente no he podido ver si su metabolismo se llega a alentar una vez llegada esta “fase” o no, ya que el amo Black Hat no deja de reventarlo una y otra vez, reiniciando el ciclo de crecimiento de 505, ya sea por enojo o a veces sin motivo aparente (supongo que debe de causarle algún tipo de gracia).

Unfortunately, I have not been able to see if its metabolism is encouraged once this "phase" is reached or not, since the master Black Hat keeps on bursting it over and over again, restarting the 505 growth cycle, either out of anger or sometimes for no apparent reason (I guess it must cause him some kind of amusement).
Villains - Dr. Flug's Research Log: Dem's Diary! pg 27
What is this supposed to be evidence of? BH gets to destroys what he sets himself up to destroy, that's no durability feat for 505. It says nowhere why BH stops trying to kill him once he restarts his growth cycle, if anything implying that he's not seriously trying to kill him.
This would all be done as well before he even knew about the fact he could regen or how strong 505 was believed since it was considered a complete failure once created.
Again, this is excusatory. BH rarely does things at full power, to say that he would do so for something needs better evidence. Even if he did, there are a millions ways he could try to kill 505 in which 505's durability wouldn't scale, BH would just have to do actions that he would expect 505 to die from that don't annihilate his body; he could have ripped him in 2, crushed his head or heart, kicked him away as shown here, and so on. You assume that it's something that would make all of BH's full AP travel across 505's body in a way that 505's durability would partially stop but you have no reason to assume so and nor is it likely. In the clip where he kicks him away as a baby we even have ref of him not using his full speed and power to harm him, partially having Flug see it & suffer for it.

Yeah flug is good, series continued on.

5.0.5. itself needs to be updated, thread passed a while ago that pushed the characters to to tier 8 instead of the 9 it is at. Dem was able to hurt it by plucking a flower on its head or entering its throat which are weird but expectable scenarios that don't break its durability. The only real questionable one is "strongest acid".

This is why I put it in possibly and didn't just give it the tier. It is shown that BH despises this thing and wants it to die. Rn it is just his stress ball since BH just keeps killing him
Even Posibbly's ridiculous feats are insufficient, there is a lack of context and it becomes an outlier. If you are persistent, let me give you a simple example, for example, the BEN 10 universe There are many outlier situations such as four arms VS Galactic gladiator

Well, there are a lot of ways to look at this in which a Possibly is wrong, so much so that I struggle to talk about it, if that makes sense. An example like that isn't a particularly strong argument, it's not even an outlier because there is no reason to believe that BH is using his full power or that if he does so the range he uses would cover all of 505's body rather than whatever parts he wants to cover to make him & Flug suffer & have fun himself.

Well, there are a lot of ways to look at this in which a Possibly is wrong, so much so that I struggle to talk about it, if that makes sense. An example like that isn't a particularly strong argument, it's not even an outlier because there is no reason to believe that BH is using his full power or that if he does so the range he uses would cover all of 505's body rather than whatever parts he wants to cover to make him & Flug suffer & have fun himself.
In this case I think it needs to be removed from the profiles

Sure. The "OP" is the "original post" btw, only the content at the top of everything, not the whole thread.

Back