• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"via powerscaling" reasoning in profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magi RobloxG said:
Also, if you guys don't mind me saying this but my pet-peeve besides that is the way some of these profiles also using the "AP = Durability" logic sometimes.
Why shouldn't that logic be used? It's acceptable when the character has no feats or statements showing their durability is lower/higher than their AP.

Not really man, almost 99% of all cases of physical fighters, they gave equal dura and ap otherwise they would break their own body with every attack.

I agree with this, I would atleast say they should say which character they scale to. Even if they dont have to break down the full web right there.

Or perhaps scaling pages could be made?

I think I know what they are all weighing: ┬┐It would be a good idea to adjust the powerscaling rules?

I think that this is a good idea. Does anybody have a suggestion for how the editing rule should be worded?

"Please do not use just "via powerscaling" as a justification for a character's stat and or tier. The feat or character in question should be linked as an explanation for why they powerscale from them."

-Kindly do not add simple reasoning such as "via powerscaling." with nothing else. It should be elaborated with specific feats/scaling to other characters on why they are of that stat.

How is that?

EDIT: IkaniL ninja'd me.

Dont even know why powerscaling is a reason, if theyre a tier because they powerscale off a certain character just say theyre comparable/stronger than said character for example instead of via powerscaling without even linking to the character they scale off.

It really should be taken on a case by case basis on whether a character or feat should be linked. In cases where only a single character is being powerscaled from another character that made the feat, just linking the character or possibly the feat should be fine.

However, in cases where multiple characters are all scaled from a single character who made the feat in question, it would probably be better that the direct feat be linked along with the character.

I think this would have been easier if the character tiering list wasn't forbidden. Now it became harder going through all the characters of a verse to find what/who it scales to instead of going through the hierarchy on the verse page. But then reputation and image amongst insignificant noobs takes precendence. There may be a rule but what are we going to do with all the countless pre-existing ones?

Matthew Schroeder said:
Mortal Kombat is utter crap, everyone is scaled from Raiden, a God Tier.
Also that is the same for Tekken, which i will also revise.

Perhaps something like this?

"Do not add "via powerscaling" as a justification for profile statistics. It should be elaborated with specific feats/scaling to other characters regarding why they have a certain rating."

I am not quite satisfied with the wording, and am open for improvements though.

Maybe a more softer approach, by adding "Please" or "Kindly" to the start of it. And then possibly add "regarding why the character in question has a certain rating."

Just my idea.

Okay:

"Kindly do not add "via powerscaling" as a justification for profile statistics. It should be elaborated with specific feats/scaling to other characters regarding why the profile in question has a certain rating."

Matthew Schroeder said:
Newton's Third Law of Motion. You can't punch something with X force without enduring X force.
True. For a lot of profiles I have created or cleaned up where the character scales from a physical strength/striking feat, I make sure to add "Should be able to withstand the forces of their own physical strikes" in durability.

Magi RobloxG said:
Also, if you guys don't mind me saying this but my pet-peeve besides that is the way some of these profiles also using the "AP = Durability" logic sometimes.
This is generally true with physical fighters regardless of verse. However, we also have to go on a case by case basis and look for special cases where this logic may or may not apply.

UcHuman said:
Fairy Tail has this problem really bad post 2nd timeskip
Not really... Aiden made it pretty clear who scales from whom. If you can find some problems I can fix it easily.

UcHuman said:
Fairy Tail has this problem really bad post 2nd timeskip
WilliamShadow is familiar with the verse. If you message him the list of problem profiles, I'm sure he could fix it.

DIgimon, Fairy Tail, Kingdom Hearts, King of Fighters, Dragon Ball and Guilty Gear powerscaling is fine.

Street Fighter powerscaling only problem is that [Small Town level+] Chun-Li is a top tier, so those who are much weaker than her are Small Town level.

Mortal Kombat problem is that they are scaled from Bi-Han defeating Fujin and Shinnok, but Raiden retconned the events in the new timeline saying that he fought their forces and not that he fought them. Raiden did not wanted to fight his former revenant friends so he took attacks from then and shocked all them when he had no choice. Cage also oneshotted Smoke and Quan Chi and Kotal Kahn had some PIS moments in the story.

Tekken powerscaling is bad because Devil Jin didn't oneshot the Forest. And almost everyone is else is much below the Mishima full power.

Matt is handling God of War and Devil May Cry Powerscaling while i'm handling Eathbound, Pokémon, Tekken and Sonic powerscaling.

Naruto, Bleach and Hellsing have terrible powerscaling, which needs a complete revision of the verse.

Honestly I think Naruto's scailing is kinda the hardest. If you take Itachi as example, he has many persons that have more raw power than he does, but he still beats them even with easy that might confuse someone when he is scaled lower.

Than a profile like Shisui. Like why is it made in the first place. No feats no nothing to scale him with unless we use his Susano and scale it with Sasuke's incomplete Susano and we should likely Scale Itachi's Susano on the same way or likely even complete Susano for Itachi i think as he had it for quite sometime and it it's similar to Sauske's complete mode.

Than we got Amaterasu where honestly i think every Amaterasu should be scaled on the same lvl.

Like only with that we have quite a lot of complications.

Antvasima said:
"Kindly do not add "via powerscaling" as a justification for profile statistics. It should be elaborated with specific feats/scaling to other characters regarding why the profile in question has a certain rating."
Maybe we should return to the main topic?

Antvasima said:
Okay:

Yeah, sorry for derail.

Anyway, is that wording accepted? If not i think Prom is good with wording maybe ask her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back