• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Veteran's Bar Brawl: Soldier 76 vs. the Winter Soldier (Complete)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Soldier 76 vs. Winter Soldier

Speed Equalized, Optional Equipment restricted. Starting distance in 30 metres

Soldier 76 downscales from 0.2 tons greatly and has a 0.08 ton feat

Winter Soldier has a 0.08 ton feat

Last edited:
So, 76 will have the advantage with the ability to auto-aim at Bucky, but Bucky has his 8-C arm which will play a huge role in CQC.

I think it all boils down to if Bucky can make it to 76 before he gets riddled full of holes. 76 is at a severe AP and LS disadvantage in CQC. Considering the fact that SBA takes place in a wide open area, can Bucky make it to 76 without being seen?

Bucky can protect his vitals with his 8-C arms I think, alongside having acrobatics. Also he has weapons and impeccable aim too so I don't think it'll be as one sided as you believe, and I think once in sufficient enough range the EMP can deal with the Visor?

Also do I need to specify range here?

Default assumption would be the longest range of either combatant up to 4km. Considering Bucky has like thousands of km in range, I'd think they start at 4km away.

EMP can deal with the visor, yeah but Bucky would have to get in close right?

Yeah.

I may lower the starting distance tbh, 4km seems too ridiculous.

EDIT: It's now 30 metres

Ok, so it's closer now.

I think I'll have to give it to Bucky. Auto-aim is nice and all, but Bucky holds a superior advantage in stealth combat and can just hide within the trees and catch 76 off guard. The biggest issue here would be close-quarters combat and Bucky wins that hands down, so he should get it.

Bucky holds a superior advantage in stealth combat and can just hide within the trees and catch 76 off guard.
Does he though? 76 has multiple instances of taking out entire heavily guarded and highly advanced military bases with his bare hands without bing dtectd

Winter Soldier has basically the same feats. The only difference is WS has the clear advantage in close quarters combat, and better shooting feats.

76 has in no way a good an aim as sniping someone on Earth from the Moon.

Winter Soldier has basically the same feats. The only difference is WS has the clear advantage in close quarters combat, and better shooting feats.
Theyre both equal in AP in CQC tho and Soldier has passive healing and regen

What better shooting feats?
76 has in no way a good an aim as sniping someone on Earth from the Moon.
And WS does? Should point out that 76's aim was described as comparable to prime Ana who had eyesight 600x better than a normal human

How is "described as comparable to prime Ana who had eyesight 600x better than a normal human" about the same as "I shot someone in the head from a whole moon away"?

How is "described as comparable to prime Ana who had eyesight 600x better than a normal human" about the same as "I shot someone in the head from a whole moon away"?
Because they're not fighting each other from different planets? Like it's a good feat but that kind of accuracy gets kinda nulled by SBA as hed be locked into a 4 km max limit which puts him in Jack's accuracy range unless he has something that can get him to the moon in the fight and a willingness to do so in-character, by which point it would just be a range stomp

Also technically Bucky's sniping thing may not even be an applicable feat as it was done outside of active combat in perfect conditions with no outside interference, whereas Jack and Ana's feats are all from in-combat

Because they're not fighting each other from different planets? Like it's a good feat but that kind of accuracy gets kinda nulled by SBA as hed be locked into a 4 km max limit which puts him in Jack's accuracy range unless he has something that can get him to the moon in the fight and a willingness to do so in-character, by which point it would just be a range stomp
That wasn't even what you said the first time. You said 'their accuracy should be about the same", and it isn't. his is better. Them being on the same planet doesn't mean his accuracy suddenly isn't better. what are you even saying?
Also technically Bucky's sniping thing may not even be an applicable feat as it was done outside of active combat in perfect conditions with no outside interference, whereas Jack and Ana's feats are all from in-combat
He did this from a few feet away in NOT perfect conditions, all vitals, right before a trap was going to be sprung. This isn't his only sniping feat either.

why would a character like Bucky not be able to snipe in combat anyway?? He's trained for exactly that.

That wasn't even what you said the first time. You said 'their accuracy should be about the same", and it isn't. his is better. Them being on the same planet doesn't mean his accuracy suddenly isn't better. what are you even saying?
What I mean is Bucky isnt starting this fight on the moon so a feat like that isnt likely to come into play when determining what skill feats would apply here. Sorry if I misspoke before.

He did this from a few feet away in NOT perfect conditions, all headshots, right before a trap was going to be sprung. This isn't his only sniping feat either.

why would a character like Bucky not be able to snipe in combat anyway?? He's trained for exactly that.
Okay so that would be on par with Soldier's feats as soldier has done the exact same thing multiple times

I didnt say he wouldnt be able to, just that being hundreds of thousands of kilometers away shooting at an unaware opponent isnt exactly 'in combat'

Bucky's arm and LS is way above what 76 can manage. Also WS can block bullets with his arm, 76 cannot.

Comparing 76 shooting fodder to WS shooting people of comparable experience and skill is not really the same.

Bucky's arm and LS is way above what 76 can manage. Also WS can block bullets with his arm, 76 cannot.

Comparing 76 shooting fodder to WS shooting people of comparable experience and skill is not really the same.
When did 76 take out fodder? The people from his skill feats are people with skill and ap comparable to himself

Though if this is really just going to turn into 'WS blocks everything 76 has with his arm' then how exactly is this fair?

Actually Abstractions and I had a conversation regarding this offsite, she states Bucky shouldn't reasonably be able to block literally everything Soldier 76 throws at him, so the point of contention switched to "who can survive more injury before giving out", which, yeah Bucky has better feats.

It's not a stomp by any means whatsoever, there are chances of Soldier 76 winning, but due to it being likely more often than not Winter Soldier winning, due to being able to fend off more damage with his arm, and in general survive more shots

Can he tho? Soldier has both regen and self-healing, bucky has neither, plus Soldier has taken direct shots from 9-A+ weapons without dying
Bucky can rip out his own nail and debone his own arm to retrieve a weapon implanetd, all the while not showing any pain and using it a few minutes later, all with no discomfort.

Has also at another instance tanked being shot through the chest, having all his ribs broken, having a massive explosion in his face, being kicked off the Statue of Liberty, and still being completely conscious and functional.

Regen and Self-Healing would matter if both of them couldn't reliably hit headshots, Weekly, nothing Mid on either of their files.

Does he though? 76 has multiple instances of taking out entire heavily guarded and highly advanced military bases with his bare hands without bing dtectd
Bucky not only is literally trained to do operations like this usually but he also has fought against and received years from of training from Captain America who has a wide assortment of feats such as the things in this blog. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...aptain_America_-_The_Living_Legend:_A_Tribute

Bucky isn’t as skilled, but he’s still comparable to somebody who effortlessly beat someone with the combined knowledge of all martial arts and fighting styles present on the internet.

So yeah, Bucky is absurd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back