• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two genius old men fight! (Vulture (Marvel Comics) vs Torbjörn)

koopa3144

He/Him
  • Fight takes place in a airport
  • Vulture has his Falcon Costume and Optional Equipment
  • Both are high 8-C
  • Starting distance is 20 meters
  • Speed is equalized
  • SBA for anything else
Not Green Goblin (4.45 Tons of TNT): 0
Image result for Vulture (Marvel Comics)
Not Engineer (5.019 Tons of TNT): 0
Image result for Torbjörn
Not Imposter (Incon): 0
Among Us Among Us Sus Sticker - Among Us Among Us Sus Sus Stickers

Last edited:
Take away the power shortage devices and this is a fair fight, keep em and Torbjörn literally half-shuts down, he relies HEAVILY on his tech and even has a whole add prosthetic arm

Once that's done we have... a wash. An apsolute skill dogging if Vulture scales to Spider-Man in skill in any way, Torbjörn is very good, but he's sure as hell not that good

Take away the power shortage devices and this is a fair fight, keep em and Torbjörn literally half-shuts down, he relies HEAVILY on his tech and even has a whole add prosthetic arm

Once that's done we have... a wash. An apsolute skill dogging if Vulture scales to Spider-Man in skill in any way, Torbjörn is very good, but he's sure as hell not that good
Big oof, would Doctor Octopus be any better?

Vulture isn't really skilled in combat in a traditional way, he sort of a brawler who relies more on his flight abilities to take the opponent out of their comfort zone.
Spider-Man of course bests him, but most is due to his extreme agility, webs and experience (during later confrontations), but he still got in a trouble a couple times.

Vulture usually avoids close quarter is possible, and prefers to either throw shit at you from above or, most of the times, slice and/or beat you up while swooping at high speed towards you or pick you up high into the sky do stuff such as dropping you from a high height, slam you on buildings and such or physically attack you while you are helpess in mid-air.

So, in this scenario I'd say he'd try one of those things, which could prove quite troublesome for Torbjorn if he doesn't make it in time to set up a turret, and even then the Vulture should have what it takes to deal with those.

All right, good to know Vulture is actually usable

Torb generally opens with dropping a turret, and since these things by Overwatch 2's storyline self-build in less then a second it shouldn't be too hard to set them up

What Vulture has to worry about more is the fact he lacks high temperature resistance while Torbjörn has an entire forge of superheated iron on his back that he can and will utilize to basically point-blank Vulture with the crap. That or Torb shoots him before his gun is taken away, that also uses the same superheated iron his forge does so it'd hurt like hell.

What Vulture has to worry about more is the fact he lacks high temperature resistance while Torbjörn has an entire forge of superheated iron on his back that he can and will utilize to basically point-blank Vulture with the crap. That or Torb shoots him before his gun is taken away, that also uses the same superheated iron his forge does so it'd hurt like hell.
Afaik the furnace on his back has never been used for offensive purposes, right? You can argue Vulture would be hurt by its heat if he tries to grab and carry him, but isn't it still questionable, unless he stick his face right into it?
Anyway, Torb would still have his own troubles striking Vulture, given his agility in the sky and the fact he's kind of got the mobility and (situationally) the range advantage.

Vulture would either toss bombs and shoot while swooping around, or go directly for hit-and-run strikes or slashes, the latter being even more dangerous if he's allowed access to his poisonous claws.

Afaik the furnace on his back has never been used for offensive purposes, right? You can argue Vulture would be hurt by its heat if he tries to grab and carry him, but isn't it still questionable, unless he stick his face right into it?
Anyway, Torb would still have his own troubles striking Vulture, given his agility in the sky and the fact he's kind of got the mobility and (situationally) the range advantage.

Vulture would either toss bombs and shoot while swooping around, or go directly for hit-and-run strikes or slashes, the latter being even more dangerous if he's allowed access to his poisonous claws.
Uh, no it definitely has, considering it's what produces Molten Core and Torbjorn's ammo for his gun. And considering this is the same guy who shot what were essentially sporadic robot birds shooting at him out of the air with his gun, I'm pretty sure he can land his shots on Vulture, or lob a massive glob of Molten iron at him. That works too.

I mean if he's trying to physically attack Torbjörn, Torby here has no problem with meeting a problem with a glob of Molten iron!

Uh, no it definitely has, considering it's what produces Molten Core and Torbjorn's ammo for his gun. And considering this is the same guy who shot what were essentially sporadic robot birds shooting at him out of the air with his gun, I'm pretty sure he can land his shots on Vulture, or lob a massive glob of Molten iron at him. That works too.
I mean if he's trying to physically attack Torbjörn, Torby here has no problem with meeting a problem with a glob of Molten iron!
What I mean is if the furnace can spit out magma and stuff to act as a defense system on the back, instead of just fumes.
Could you show me the scan of him fighting the bots? Because that's not on his file, or at least I ain't finding it.
Besides, Vulture isn't just a simple flying dude, he's actually very nimble and experienced, just check his Aerobatics explanation. One needs quite good marksmanship skills to strike him, whether he's swooping in the sky or charging at you for a dashing attack.

What I mean is if the furnace can spit out magma and stuff to act as a defense system on the back, instead of just fumes.
Could you show me the scan of him fighting the bots? Because that's not on his file, or at least I ain't finding it.
Besides, Vulture isn't just a simple flying dude, he's actually very nimble and experienced, just check his Aerobatics explanation. One needs quite good marksmanship skills to strike him, whether he's swooping in the sky or charging at you for a dashing attack.
Torbjörn literally has a prosthetic arm hooked up to the forge, it's that lol

Somewhere in this one, can't tell you the specific page because I'm on mobile and that website actively is ASS on anything that's not a computer.

Oh, you meant those! I even went reading it back the other day, looking for it, and didn't notice any bird. Those are more like hovering drones, standing almost still and in a close environments, a whole other story compared to one like the Vulture, honestly.

If you refer to the pincher shooting magma through Molten Core, I'd say it's sort of situational tbh, especially if the Vulture tries to kidnap him and takes him up at high speed. Sure, he could overheat himself and maybe land a shot, but given the Vulture's speed and agility, and the maybe that split second Torb might need to react and activate or do something to free himself, he might as well be already decently high and left falling down hopelessly. At that point, Vulture can strike him in mid-air just like he did to Spider-Man and Daredevil, who always sort of struggled in such situations.
The sharpness of his wings has always been deemed a threat, and if given the poisonous claws here, Torb might be screwed the moment he gets a first scratch.

Tbh if Vulture snatches him Torb will just blast him in the face with Molten Core... which will kill cause Vulture's suits lack resistance to high temperatures let alone having Molten iron lathered across his body and face.

Also Torb is pretty good at dodging if fighting in the omnic crisis against thousands of things that can shred him at any point in time is any indication

Tbh if Vulture snatches him Torb will just blast him in the face with Molten Core... which will kill cause Vulture's suits lack resistance to high temperatures let alone having Molten iron lathered across his body and face.
Isn't molten core shot from the claw? I wouldn't give it for granted that he'd be able to strike him precisely, since he'd be hanging down (not even necessarily hugged), and he'd have to shoot behind him without proper aim while going at high speed, and this assuming he can do it before Vulture decides to just drop or launch him away. Vulture also has a record of slamming people onto walls and such, so Torb might not even been carried for that long, before Toomse decides to attack.

Also Torb is pretty good at dodging if fighting in the omnic crisis against thousands of things that can shred him at any point in time is any indication
That is surely something indeed, but it also extremely situational as a feat. He was fighting the omnics in groups with allies and his general role doesn't necessarily mean he was in the frontlines, even when operating in a small platoon. This to say he can surely handle himself, never denied it, but so far he lacks some feats in regard to 1v1 combat against such an opponent.

Isn't molten core shot from the claw? I wouldn't give it for granted that he'd be able to strike him precisely, since he'd be hanging down (not even necessarily hugged), and he'd have to shoot behind him without proper aim while going at high speed, and this assuming he can do it before Vulture decides to just drop or launch him away. Vulture also has a record of slamming people onto walls and such, so Torb might not even been carried for that long, before Toomse decides to attack.

That is surely something indeed, but it also extremely situational as a feat. He was fighting the omnics in groups with allies and his general role doesn't necessarily mean he was in the frontlines, even when operating in a small platoon. This to say he can surely handle himself, never denied it, but so far he lacks some feats in regard to 1v1 combat against such an opponent.
Okay and Torb can do it. He can literally just shoot it into himself if he has to lol

His general role and the fact Brigitte recognized that he upgraded his rivet gun in OW2 means that Torb did a lot of fighting on the front lines, remember, Overwatch was only 5 members before the Omnic Crisis ended, Torb would've had to pull holdouts without support

Back