• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Verses that are Stronger than you thought.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So when coming here you had in mind how strong you thought a verse was. What were these verses? For me it was Digimon, Pokemon and recently Soulcalibur. What are yours?

@Dragon. VN = Visual Novel, like Demonbane and I/O

For me.

-Xiaolin Showdown. I've met people who thought the verse capped at like, Wall level, then we have Chase Young performing a Large Planet feat with just a hand gesture.

-Ninja Turtles. I had no idea they'd be a high as Small Town, let alone Large Planet level and Multiverse level+. Speaking of which, Chase Young vs Tengu Shredder sounds really fun.

-Underdog. Still gets stomped by Might Mouse, but Planet/Large Planet is still pretty nice.

-Monster Hunter. Never knew it get past City Block tbh. Planet level Fatalis is also the first major calc I ever did that got accepted so it holds a special place in my heart.

-Adventure Time. Same as the above. Now we have Planet level Finn and stuff.

-Steven Universe. I thought the Gems would cap at that one City-ish Feat Garnet had to be honest.

-Johnny Test. They don't have profiles but Johnny has a few City level feats. City level farts, that is.

-The Nutshack. I'm serious. Phil has a MCB feat and almost everyone might qualify for Low-Godly Regen. Seriously.

-Monster Girl Quest/Encyclopedia: Not on this wiki, but the later has a lot of potentially 3-B to High 3-A beings, and the former has fodder at 2-B

-VOCALOID: From a verse not supposed to be about fighting, it certainly packs a high fire power.

-Space Invaders: For that verse to have any feat at all is suprising

Darkanine said:
-Steven Universe. I thought the Gems would cap at that one City-ish Feat Garnet had to be honest.
There's actually a calc of Garnet from the earlier episodes of SU that has her at City level, really. Though i think you're aware of that arleady, perhaps? ^^;

Undertale looked like a innocent enough game. Then came sans, asriel, etc.

Pokemon too. Arceus wasn't much of a god when I first met it.

Various other games.

Basically all the fictional stuff before I came to this wikia. It really opened my eyes to the powers of fictional characters.

Ghostly Owns said:
Undertale looked like a innocent enough game. Then came sans, asriel, etc.
Pokemon too. Arceus wasn't much of a god when I first met it.

Various other games.

Basically all the fictional stuff before I came to this wikia. It really opened my eyes to the powers of fictional characters.
Arceus: YOU WILL BELIEVE!!!!!

Western animation:

Ninja Turtles

He-Man

Powerpuff Girls (small star level PPG is sweet)

Steven Universe

Xiaolin Showdown

Samurai Jack

Manga/Anime:

Bastard!!

BlazBlue

Pokemon

Digimon

Bleach (previous place I was at downplayed it a lot)

Fairy Tail (ditto but there were also some annoying as hell wankers)

Games:

Metal Gear

Y'Know I don't this anyone expected Pokemon and Digimon to be a OP as they are.

To be fair, a vast majority of Digimon feats come like Imperialdramon destroying planets and stars, WarGrowlmon attacking on an atomic level, Piximon being a potent Reality Warper, almost every FTL feat and literally every cool power the Royal Knights have come from relatively obscure lore entries, and other feats only become impressive when you learn the lexicon like Digital World/Material World = Full Universes and thus All Worlds = Multiverse.I noticed XROS Wars seems more blatant with the feats though, with Quartzmon bringing chaos to "All Worlds" or something like that.

Pokemon is similar, but to a lesser extent, since the lore is more well known and more readily available. Heck, Digimon lore isn't even officially translated, which is a bummer. Apocalymon seems to have a really good feat in the lore, but translating it has been rough.

Anyway. TMNT is a verse that is still surprising me in power. I like how I and Cal basically upgraded the entire verse from Room/Wall level to Town level. Not much in the grand scheme, but satisfying none the less.

Pokemon/Zelda/Dragons Dogma (galaxy wut)/Digimon/Final Fantasy/Gravity Falls/Kirby/Super Mario/etc.

Mushoku Tensei, the verse has always been impressive to me in that Rudeus can casually destroy a city with one spell, but then Aldebaran had to have a backstory of getting blasted through a supercontinent, splitting it into 2 smaller continents and having where he landed turn into an ocean.

And the attack that did so was from someone only ranked #4 in the world.

Saint Seiya, believe it or not.

When I was younger, like 2 years ago, I believe they capped out at Solar System level and everything else was wank

Mario, Kirby, Pokemon, Now Dora (the profile caps her at like large star >_>), Undertale, Sailor Moon, generally a lot of anime due to me thinks DB was strongest verse of all time as a kid (never knew about debates at the time LOL), Sonic, etc

Matthew Schroeder said:
Saint Seiya, believe it or not.
When I was younger, like 2 years ago, I believe they capped out at Solar System level and everything else was wank
I don't believe you :p

Japanese Pro Wrestling too. From what I saw when I skimmed the Pro Wrestling wiki, those Wrestlers have Country and even Planet level feats. Weird stuff, man.

Adventure Time is another one. While it hasn't been confirmed, they're really hyping up the possibility of Multiversal threats in the last two seasons, with Finn being implied to be a higher dimensional being, The Lich being a multiversal constant and Prismo having a "boss".

Darkanine said:
Japanese Pro Wrestling too. From what I saw when I skimmed the Pro Wrestling wiki, those Wrestlers have Country and even Planet level feats. Weird stuff, man.

Adventure Time is another one. While it hasn't been confirmed, they're really hyping up the possibility of Multiversal threats in the last two seasons, with Finn being implied to be a higher dimensional being, The Lich being a multiversal constant and Prismo having a "boss".
I almost dropped from my chair from the JP pro wrestling lol

Adveture time yeah is one of those you think it's weak but…turns to be OP AF

Mortal Kombat, Adventure Time, Pokemon and Steven Universe.

I only expected Mortal Kombat, and Adventure Time to be Wall Level, with City level Arceus, and Building level gems.

For me it was legend of zelda and undertale mainly though saint seiya also was a surprise.

People also might be surprised to hear Hitch Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy has a couple high teirs kicking around as well.

When I first read about Dies Irae. I thought it was and only about 2-A or 1-C but I didnt quite expect every character to be literally 1-A when I have absolutely research deep into it. Demonbane wasnt quite a surprise but D.I is.

Back