• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Verse Collaborations and Connected Verse

Colonel_Krukov

🖖 Live long and prosper
He/Him
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Image Helper
I don't know about other people, but would allowing for shared verses/continuities be a thing for anyone?

I wouldn't mind writing crossovers or other people writing about mine for connected verses. For Example:

My verse has infinite timelines, and perhaps that one of my characters regularly shows up in a specific timeline or is there to be an easter egg.

• Maybe my higher-dimensional character is appearing in another verse, in a gawdly battle against other gawds.
  • Maybe the creatures from hell are invading another verse....
  • Maybe everything I've just described is a mere atom compared to other gawds, and just gets little references
Etc etc.

I've probably explained this terrible and made it sound dull, so I will answer any questions.

I actually wanted to make my verse open source after the main canon had ended allowing users to make spin off's and stuff as long as stayed true to the canon. anyway, that's what I could think of that maybe just maybe resembles your situation

This isn't a bad idea at all. It's completely up to the individual if they want to collab together with others in an open source kinda verse.

Yeah, that's what I mean. Characters in other people's story, or verses being canon (but like a sub-verse) to the main huge plot.

Think of it like the MCU.

Each verse has their own major story and problems, but when the big bad evil comes knocking on their doorstep, they're all here to kick butt together. From there, you get team up movies and a whole wide expanded universe.

Maybe there should be a thread then or something so that people can ask if people want to share a verse?

I'm gonna wait for a mod to respond here to see if they agree with it, if they do, I'll make a proper thread or something.

I get what you mean, and feel free to go ahead with a thread. It sounds fun.

Back