• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Its situational imo.....and considering its a grave situation here with a fight with unknown stranger albiet whose large power can be sensed....its a valid first choice for him.

But Vergil can power sense here...hence by just getting spooked by large power lvl of his opponent he defaults to JC by rule of thumb...

The Abyss scene is eye candy sword play for viewers so physical fight was required....especially considering he knows Abyss are fodder there is no need to use it anyway.

As for those instances with Dante....the guy knows nature of JC and how to dodge them....he atleast had hints to it from DMC3 Manga I beleive....where he has seen use of Yamato's power ,and Vergil liberally used stuff similar to JC especially on humans just cuz. Even in some demons I believe.

But new opponents who know jackshit about Vergil won't know to dodge it as urgently....especially if they assume they can tank it.
You're assuming people he doesn't know get instantly Judgement Cut despite he never actually doing that except for Force Edge Arkham (He usually Yamato'd them), even when Jester attacked him, I know he doesn't hold back and I know Judgement Cut is in character, but absolutely using as opening and using in battle are 2 differen things.

Trunks and basically every DBS character can also sense power level and ki signatures anywhere beyond Planetary Range, assuming verse equalization, he'll sense the Judgement Cut

I find funny people saying that Vergil ultra absolutely instantly opens with a Judgement Cut when this isn't the case

He didn't opened against Dante with it (In any of their battle btw), he didn't used against Jester/Arkham, he didn't opened with it against those demons in the DMC3 intro or DMC4 SE Intro, he indeed used against Force Edge Arkham for example but that doesn't make his opening move this apparently undodgeable attack that can be dodged (by people comparable to Vergil aka Dante aka speed equalized here gives Trunks the option to dodge) in every game that it has

Now, with that said, Vergil cuts Trunks with any attack from the Yamato and likely uses Judgement Cut soon in the battle, while Trunks can kill him with any AOE attacks, so basically it's a who strikes first and since both don't mess around, I'll go inconclusive
He did JC arkham in the cutscene, in game he acts like doppelgenger.
Sometimes he uses JC as first attack on 1 and 3 fight, but i wouldnt recommend using gameplay, since vergil there is RNG on what he does.

Trunks and basically every DBS character can also sense power level and ki signatures anywhere beyond Planetary Range, assuming verse equalization, he'll sense the Judgement Cut
No doubt about that....but Trunks should be worried about its nature which has like spatial cut and soul hax with it...not power lvl....and considering his fight with Mecha Frieza...he sure likes to tank a lot stuff from people he knows and senses as weaker than him.
He will sense Vergil is weaker than him.....
At best we can give Trunks a bit of warning or straight up prior knowledge on Vergil for fairer match.

Vergil will DT without mercy on this matchup, the moment dante started to match him he started to DT like crazy. Even more when trunks power level is higher than him, unless trunks nerfs himself to give fair fight (which will cause is death).

Also, is possible to vergil's regen save him till trunks uses some any Ki explosion attack ?

Btw, if you give range, he will start with JC, and on this case he might as well spam spiral swords.

sense power level and ki signatures anywhere beyond Planetary Range, assuming verse equalization, he'll sense the Judgement Cut

Is power sensing enough to sense a cut in space itself coming for him tho?

Well, since he can sense Trunks's powers, he will go DT and JC here, i doubt he will try to melee against someone that can one shot him into oblivion.

So Tony, you're voting for Trunks and 6ame6 you're voting who? Sorry if I'm being bothersome, I just wanna make sure I get people's votes

Back