• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vegeta vs Trunks... but they're both kids (1-4-0)

Don't know why I put "any more". Maybe I was mixing up Vegeta's. Either way we have no reason to believe young Vegeta was evil, nor on his planet busting shenanigans.
The dude HAS been blowing up planets and eradicating civilizations since he was a kid. There have been zero significant events since then to say otherwise

Why are people still voting for trunks when literally the only reason why is because of martial arts skill?

Martial arts skill does nothing against someone who regularly spams AOE ki blasts, as well as a guy who has up to a TWO TO FOUR TIMES AP ADVANTAGE, as well as a guy who will just blow up the planet in character and fly to the nearest frieza space station

Considering how dbz characters only need a less than 1.5 times ap difference to 1 shot people (since vegeta vs cui still exists in both the anime and manga), Trunks doesn't really have anything going for him.

Considering how dbz characters only need a less than 1.5 times ap difference to 1 shot people (since vegeta vs cui still exists in both the anime and manga), Trunks doesn't really have anything going for him.
In-verse one-shot gaps only work in characters from the same verse.

In-verse one-shot gaps only work in characters from the same verse.
That rule still applies for both verses

And even if that doesn't apply here, trunks attacks will barely do anything since vegeta will just overpower him in every interaction. Sure, trunks outskills in martial arts, but every punch vegeta lands will sting a helluva lot more. And in terms of ki blasts, neither character has a variety or skill advantage over the other, and in that situation, vegeta will just overpower him. Anything trunks tries to do just gets negged by Kiai, while Trunks can't do the same.

Maybe he can blind Vegeta with his Super Saiyan Aura (he doesn't have Solar Flare)
Trunks can't go super saiyan in this fight

And bruh really
Blind him with his aura?
First of all that doesn't make any sense, second of all that doesn't stop Vegeta from pointing his hand downwards and shooting a blast

I mean he'd kinda had to or he'd die.
he also loved his job

he was a pompous, selfish, bitchy brat even as a kid. Even the dbs broly movie depicted Kid Vegeta as an asshole
He never mourned the death of his race, and was always depicted to be a villain before the Cell Saga. It makes zero sense to assume that Kid Vegeta would be any different just because he's a kid

I don't see why pretty much everyone in the thread is acting like Kid Vegeta and Adult Vegeta are entirely different people. They're literally the same person except Kid Vegeta has less experienced. He's equally as evil and not that far behind in terms of skill and likely technique as well. There's no reason to assume that he just loses key characteristics to his intended personality and purpose in the story just because he's younger

he also loved his job

he was a pompous, selfish, bitchy brat even as a kid. Even the dbs broly movie depicted Kid Vegeta as an asshole
He never mourned the death of his race, and was always depicted to be a villain before the Cell Saga. It makes zero sense to assume that Kid Vegeta would be any different just because he's a kid

I don't see why pretty much everyone in the thread is acting like Kid Vegeta and Adult Vegeta are entirely different people. They're literally the same person except Kid Vegeta has less experienced. He's equally as evil and not that far behind in terms of skill and likely technique as well. There's no reason to assume that he just loses key characteristics to his intended personality and purpose in the story just because he's younger
Yes but as a kid he has never been shown to just blow up planets of his own volition. Not to mention he did it on earth as a true last resort. We have no reason to believe he'd have this saiyan pride as he did before to the level of destroying the planet he stands on, thinking it will kill him just to kill his enemy (especially when he doesn't even know that his opponent can't breathe in space).

Yes but as a kid he has never been shown to just blow up planets of his own volition. Not to mention he did it on earth as a true last resort. We have no reason to believe he'd have this saiyan pride as he did before to the level of destroying the planet he stands on, thinking it will kill him just to kill his enemy (especially when he doesn't even know that his opponent can't breathe in space).
First of all yeah he has, sure not on screen but he's been stated to have already surpassed Nappa and is already leading the charge to subjugate planets and sometimes blow them up
heck Toei Vegeta at this point surpassed his dad who just shat on 3 random planets for no reason. Who's to say his young, impressionable child wouldn't do the same

Vegeta would never blow up the planet as his first move, but considering how much of a pompous, cocky, brat Trunks is, I'm pretty sure Vegeta would get pissed off to the point that he'll just carpet bomb or kiai the surrounding city and abuse his over x2 AP advantage, or blow up the planet. Either way Trunks loses
and no, he's not smart nor calm enough to care if his enemy can breath in space if he's angry enough to just nuke the planet

Nuking the planet is enough of a possibility to be a legitimate factor when considering Vegeta's wincon, so therefore it should be used to support why he could win

First of all yeah he has, sure not on screen but he's been stated to have already surpassed Nappa and is already leading the charge to subjugate planets and sometimes blow them up
heck Toei Vegeta at this point surpassed his dad who just shat on 3 random planets for no reason. Who's to say his young, impressionable child wouldn't do the same

Vegeta would never blow up the planet as his first move, but considering how much of a pompous, cocky, brat Trunks is, I'm pretty sure Vegeta would get pissed off to the point that he'll just carpet bomb or kiai the surrounding city and abuse his over x2 AP advantage, or blow up the planet. Either way Trunks loses
and no, he's not smart nor calm enough to care if his enemy can breath in space if he's angry enough to just nuke the planet

Nuking the planet is enough of a possibility to be a legitimate factor when considering Vegeta's wincon, so therefore it should be used to support why he could win
Yes but he doesn't know it's a win con. In his head it's a draw at best, loss at worse. Vegeta knew Goku couldn't breathe because he knew Goku was a saiyan. He doesn't know what Trunks is at all. Not to mention he thinks he himself cannot breathe in space so it'd be bad for him. Lastly he wanted to destroy the planet Goku was on out of spite, knowing Goku wanted to protect the people of earth. He doesn't have that same spite example against Trunks because he has no prior knowledge.

I'm pretty sure Vegeta would get pissed off to the point that he'll just carpet bomb or kiai the surrounding city and abuse his over x2 AP advantage, or blow up the planet.
Why do you keep assuming that x2 AP advantage is something meaningful? That's barely a decisive advantage and you need to be over x7.5 AP to one-shot.

Yes but he doesn't know it's a win con. In his head it's a draw at best, loss at worse. Vegeta knew Goku couldn't breathe because he knew Goku was a saiyan. He doesn't know what Trunks is at all. Not to mention he thinks he himself cannot breathe in space so it'd be bad for him. Lastly he wanted to destroy the planet Goku was on out of spite, knowing Goku wanted to protect the people of earth. He doesn't have that same spite example against Trunks because he has no prior knowledge.
For all he knows, Trunks is human, who also can't breathe in space

Regardless of whether or not he thinks it's a draw, he has still resorted to it before against Goku, despite knowing it's a draw. At the end of the day, Vegeta is the one who will survive. THat's all that really matters. The circumstances aren't too different, and he has still tried to blow up the planet before, so who's to say he wouldn't do it now?

Why do you keep assuming that x2 AP advantage is something meaningful? That's barely a decisive advantage and you need to be over x7.5 AP to one-shot.
because against someone who can spam planet-sized AOE attacks on the regular, an AP advantage is extremely meaningful.
I never said Vegeta would 1 shot. But you try fighting someone who is twice as strong as you and can hit you from anywhere on the planet. Sure Trunks can get close and maybe out skill but then Vegeta can just kiai and it's back to square 1.
If you try and claim that he'll never use Kiai, the Kiai is one of the only 2 moves we ever see Vegeta use on screen. So no, that's definitely something he will try to use, especially if he lets his emotions get the better of him, which will probably happen

Well, i guess this should be closed for being a stomp one way or another.

I'll contact staff to have the thread closed.

For all he knows, Trunks is human, who also can't breathe in space

Regardless of whether or not he thinks it's a draw, he has still resorted to it before against Goku, despite knowing it's a draw. At the end of the day, Vegeta is the one who will survive. THat's all that really matters. The circumstances aren't too different, and he has still tried to blow up the planet before, so who's to say he wouldn't do it now?
For all he knows? He knows nothing.
As I said before he resorted to it against Goku out of spite. He wanted to destroy it due to wanting to kill the people Goku is trying hard to protect. Not out of his want to blow up the planet.

For all he knows? He knows nothing.
As I said before he resorted to it against Goku out of spite. He wanted to destroy it due to wanting to kill the people Goku is trying hard to protect. Not out of his want to blow up the planet.
He's on earth and he has brain cells. He's probably going to assume Trunks is human
Yeah and? Why is this any different? Why would he treat Trunks any different than Goku? Trunks is far more likely to actively try and piss Vegeta off compared to Goku. You're basically comparing a guy without access to the internet to a guy who plays league of legends (obv exaggeration but you get what I mean). I don't see how the situation will be any different
He also doesn't need to blow up the planet to win. He can just spam aoe and that's the end of that

So, i'm going to unfollow the thread. I hope you can count the votes for yourselves.

Back