• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

V Revisions

This might be my 4th, maybe 5th CRT in this hard times sigh, but hey, I like this

Well, now I ask some minutes to pay attention to our boi V, who had a whole manga based on him, with some interesting feats, also, DMC5 by itself shows us some feats that are currently being ignored. So, let's go ?

Visions of V

Normally, that ranges between 9-C to 9-B

And Griffon has Class 5 Lifting Strength

They are shown to be able to tear humans apart with ease, so 9-B

Also 9-B scalling from the demon

• V asks himself if it was the cane who did, but Griffon directly states it was V, he also confirms that V's cane is just a normal cane. Griffon says that the summons are dreams, and drems can't kill anyone, that's V does the final blow, Griffon also says that they "weaken" the enemies, while this indeed makes the demons weaker in AP and stamina to actually fight V back, their durability still there, so V needs to be strong in order to stab and crush them
Interesting huh ? Shadow can keep up with Lightning Fast Demons like Cavaliere Angelo, V also had the durability to tank part of the attack

So actually we got there High Tolerance to Pai, Healing and kinda Regenerationn (Low-Mid), thanks to Nightmare

Devil May Cry 5
In the 5th game, the feats keep quite similar, V can endure attacks from any lesser demon and even the bosses, tho that is likely game mechenic so meh. V can also stab and hurt this lesser demons whoch keep him consistently 9-B

V can also keep up with them, which is actually a feat better than you think, remember Lady ? She has an awesome High Hypersonic+ feat in the anime, and lesser demons are shown to be comparable to her, and even giving her pressure some times, so V being able to keep with them in movement actually grants him High Hypersonic+ movement speed. He's currently listed as Massively Hypersonic+ but only for Combat and Reaction speed

Buuuuut...
Now you might be thinking "hey, how's that even possible ? V is consistently called weak in the series"

You're not wrong, and actually, he is indeed weak af

Just take a quick look at most profiles in our wiki regarding Devil May Cry characters, they are, almost 100%, City level characters, with Upper Tier being Mountain level and Top and God Tiers being Universal, it is a very strong verse and being 9-B is...well, weak, very weak

9-Bs are fodders, Empusas, Volume 16y old Dante and Lady, which is stated to be a "normal human", yet, she dodges lightning, tank her on Kallina Ann and this type of stuff, saying that V is "human" in DMC literally means nothing in the series as it doesn't take this logic serious, with all I listed here, he's clearly superhuman

About speed, they never said he was slow, just weak, and also, being Massively Hypersonic+ in DMC is the very least if you want to be taken serious, lesser enemies like Blitz are already on that level and even Puias are stated to be as fast as Lightning, don't know what Puias are ? Yeah, that speaks for itself, they are those annoying birds in DMC2, the very definition of fodder. So V being able to dodge Lightning and keep up with Cavaliere Angelo is actually consistent

To summarize, I made a blog with my proposal to V

But this isn't just upgrades, my friends, no, this is a revisions thread

So, with me:

Roses are red

Violets are blue

V you're not my favorite

And I shall downgrade you
Well, my problem is his resistances

Currently, V is listed with the classic demons resistances to the beastheads, except V isn't demon, he's a Human, with some demonic power, and I know that in DMC doesn't mean much, and yes, V has some resistances like Fear Hax and Corruption Type 3 (Via breathing on demonic air), but he didn't faced the others, isn't a demon, or was near a Demon World nexus to resist all that, the resistances are removed from the profile blog that I created

Well, just that

Should we also Nightmare's weakness to only being out for a few seconds or should we wait for more instances of this in the manga?

It's shown that V can have Griffon and Shadow both out and not be tired out, but having Nightmare active also on top of that drains him out completely after a few moments time.

Other than that, I agree with everything else.

Nope, he doesn't scale to Vergil or Dante in any way and the only one that likely has that Nightmare and that is still mdh

Yeah

While scalling DMC Characters to MHS+ is okay since even fodders has that speed, same can't be said for Relativistic+ to FTL, only people who gave Dante or Vergil a real hard time scale to their speed

What Dante Demon Killah exposes looks pretty good.

I never really understood why Lady didn't scale to MHS + with what was seen in the anime.

Dante Demon Killah said:
Yeah

While scalling DMC Characters to MHS+ is okay since even fodders has that speed, same can't be said for Relativistic+ to FTL, only people who gave Dante or Vergil a real hard time scale to their speed
I don't see why Nero, Sanctus and Trish shouldn't scale

sanctus with the devil sword sparda is comparable or stronger than arkham and Nero beat

Trish in the opening in the first game caught Dante off guard

The rest of mundus's generals and 7-B characters would scale by being stronger than dmc 3 Dante

Being stronger doesn't mean being faster except for some cases, like Blitz and Puias

Every Mundus general was easily defeated by Dante, the only one directly shown to be an challenge was Nelo Angelo, also catching an distracted and casual Dante off guard isn't enough to fully scale Trish, Dante wae even capale of keeping up with her and Nightmare at the same time

However I see Sanctus and Nero scalling, Arkham, when he used the Force Edge's powers, was capable of fighting Dante on equal grounds, Sanctus should scale aswell as Nero, but that's for another CRT

This looks pretty good. I agree with the revisions.

I don't think the Nightmare "only a few seconds" weakness should be added. He summons Nightmare in cutscenes for longer than just a few seconds. Unlike what happened in the manga, where he immediately collapses afterwards, he is perfectly fine after those longer summons.

So while it would be true that he has a limit on Nightmare, it's longer than a handful of seconds.

Well I do think it should noted in some way considering it's V's trump card and how powerful it is to both Griffon and Shadow. But you do have a point given one cutscene at the prologue where he had it active and then walk out fine.

Either he deactivated just in time or the collapse thing is a manga only "feature". Could be the latter, thinking about it now.

Edit: Probably doesn't need to be added then if that were to be the case.

That's another point there. Plus thinking that, that was his first use that he did with summoning Nightmare in the manga so that would make sense in him overcoming the after effect strain.

Back