• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Using fan made names for characters?.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
So currently Dan Phantom is using a fan made name. He was never called Dan Phantom or Dark Danny, the Danny Phantom fandom simply decided to call him that and it stuck but officially it's not his name.

He actually isn't even Danny Phantom. While he identifies Vlad as is arch-enemy, he himself states he's not Danny and even the Booo-merang can lock on to Danny's ectoplasmic signature because it no longer exists and when Jazz states he's not Danny, "Dan" says "I was but I grew out of it".

So my question is, since canon wise he has never been called Dan Phantom/Dark Danny and he no longer identifies as Danny Phantom, what would his name be. Or do we just leave his name as is due to majority of the fandom calling him that to the point where it's what everyone calls him despite it not being his actual name?.

His name comes from an official videogame and Dark Danny comes from the credits.

But I guess you could just call him Phantom, it's what Valerie from the future calls him, it's different from Danny Phantom and I doubt he bothers with names anymore.

His name comes from an official videogame and Dark Danny comes from the credits.

But I guess you could just call him Phantom, it's what Valerie from the future calls him, it's different from Danny Phantom and I doubt he bothers with names anymore.
If that's the case I don't think we need to change the name. I just couldn't remember him ever being called Dan Phantom/Dark Danny.

TBF everyone either doesn't know his name or doesn't respect him enough to call him buy his real name (or people like Fright Knight who never gets to call him by his real name cause it was a big reveal and he doesn't appear later)

Back