• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrading for Cloud and Sephiroth.

Sheoth said:
Well, the point remains that Sephiroth Busting the Sun doesn't make him Solar System level.
He should be changed to Star level with Supernova.
I never said he should be Solar System Level though.

I never said you were saying that. I was referring to his Solar System level status being incorrect, but it is changed now so the matter is resolved mostly.

If its being argued that Sephiroth's supernova is legit, wouldn't that give the entire party star level durability?

Possibly, yeah, it might make the whole party Star Level. I'm pretty sure at least Vincent is, last I remembered he was considered one of the top-tiers.

It could be argued as a game mechanic, but then so would Sephiroths Supernova be labeled a game mechanic as well...

The potential problem that would come from that isn't with Cloud or Vincent but the rest or the party. In particular it create a contradiction with Cait Sith's durability.

I can't see it be higher that city level as the first body was crushed in the Temple of the Ancients and the new model didn't show anything outstanding in comparison.

Well, it could likely be an inconsistency, as even before Sephiroth was upgraded he was Multi-Continent Level.

He could also be Small Star Level with limit breaks (Maybe even naturally), considering that Typhoon is around 1 tenaton (The minimum for Small Star Level is 2.998 tenatons), and Sephiroth is much stronger than him.

Yeah Sephiroth's fine, its the rest of the party. It'd be odd upgrading the rest when there's one character with a known inferior durability showing.

Sephiroth's supernova should be considered as an outlier? a lot of people thinks is an outlier.

What do you think? I'm personally willing to accept Sephiroth's Supernova being at least Star Level (Given how it blows up the sun).

Idk, there's a bit against supernova if it is legit. For instance it would apply to the entire party, not just Cloud and Sephiroth, which would pose a problem as Yuffie and Vincent wouldn't actually get it.

So... Massively FTL+, Solar System Level+ Sephiroth... (*Starts grinning like a madman*).

Also, I think it can be considered PIS (Like the fight against Zanza in Xenoblade or Giygas in Earthbound), where the party is not killed easily despite being much weaker than the main character (Like in the case with Shulk, Ness, and in this case, Cloud).

Well, the party somehow withstanding a supernova level attack seems like Plot Induced Stupidity game mechanics, given that they have no feat to remotely support this level of power. It is a less extreme version of the FFVIII party standing up to the universal Ultimecia.

Regardless, if Sephiroth truly destroyed the sun, shouldn't it, and the planet that they were fight on have been destroyed, or at least left to freeze in the cold and darkness? Couldn't this simply have been an animation added to make the game play more stylish, without being intended to be taken seriously? In Advent Children Sephiroth was definitely not played as a solar system level threat.

I'm honestly not sure...

I mean, they took the time to show the comet first arrive in the Galaxy, and then crash through multiple Planets before destroying the Sun which caused a Supernova. The Supernova then hit the party on Earth and they are able to survive it, and the Supernova suddenly stops and the sun is still there, which could imply that they inted for it to have an actual meaning.

If we only consider the Supernova to be legitimate, but not the characters tanking it, then it might sound somewhat biased in a manner. Or if we just ignore the Supernova and label it as a fancy game animation, we could just keep Sephiroth at Large Planet level and give him a Possibly Star level rating?

I think that it is pretty much a given that it is a fancy game animation if the Sun is still there afterwards.

I see. So he should remain at Large Planet level then...

Should the Star level rating be removed completely or should Possibly be inserted?

Large planet seems fair with Sephiroth's recent upgrade.

Where he is right now he's not too far off from small star level so that's something.

The star rating should preferably be removed completely.

Well, it's a common theory that it's an illusion (Especially since Sephiroth can do it multiple times).

It's possible to beat Safer Sephiroth w/o him using Supernova at all, so its not a story based attack that the party has to be hit by.

Back