• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The volume of the concrete is wrong. There is no evidence that the concrete slab is up to 36.6 cm thick. It should only calculate Px thickness as seen from the image. Or Standard concrete floor slab (4 inchar) and It’s not Pulverization. It's too much speculation. Fragmentation is the safest. Since the concrete is just broken down and pushed down, the rest of the volume is the soil.

Last edited:
The volume of the concrete is wrong. There is no evidence that the concrete slab is up to 36.6 cm thick. It should only calculate Px thickness as seen from the image. Or Standard concrete floor slab (4 inchar) and It’s not Pulverization. It's too much speculation. Fragmentation is the safest. Since the concrete is just broken down and pushed down, the rest of the volume is the soil.
So bending of wood + fragging of a 4 inch thick concrete slab spherical cap slice + compression of soil spherical cap?

And yeah, gonna be honest- the whole crater in floor = pulverization logic kinda bothered considering how it meant that shallow, less than human-sized dents in the ground made folk Small Building level. (See this calc for an extreme example- high Wall level+ but you get the idea)

Last edited:
I'm not sure. Do volleyball courts always have concrete floor slab? Because each structure may not be exactly the same. But if using concrete, the thickness of 36.6 cm will not be accurate, and if Px is measured from the picture, there is no sure that the concrete will have that thickness, so using Standard concrete floor slab seems safer.

And yeah, gonna be honest- the whole crater in floor = pulverization logic kinda bothered considering how it meant that shallow, less than human-sized dents in the ground made folk Small Building level. (See this calc for an extreme example- high Wall level+ but you get the idea)
Yeah, it seems a bit exaggerated.

Most of the structures I could find had concrete slabs, the only difference was the thickness of the concrete. Some places have reinforced concrete and crushed stone mixed in.
images

So should just use Standard concrete floor slab instead?

I checked it out, not sure what else is left to do.

What should I do with my calculation? Should I fix it as suggested by second22?

This is the result if I do what second22 suggest.

Calculation​

Scan
  • Standard concrete floor thickness = 4" | 10.16cm
  • Concrete floor radius1 = 139.4cm
  • Concrete flooe radius2 = 125.7cm

Volume​

Energy

• Frag of concrete 6J/cc
  • 561292.82822057 * 6 = 3367756.96932

IMO, what they (Second) suggested sounds like the best way to do it... And funny enough, we also have made ourselves round SxF all the way back to Wall Level. Heh.

Honestly, can't decide to laugh at this development or just be mildly annoyed that everything just went back to square one... One thing I have to say is that I blame the dum dum who went ahead and updated Yor and Loid's profiles without making a new thread about it first or informing everybody they were going to do it before the fact.

Welp, I should ask... Assuming that there is no objections from the mods to just using the old calc, since there is nothing actually wrong with it, do we just need to revert Yor and Loid's pages to how they used to be before all of this downgrade/upgrade stuff all happened?

Honestly, can't decide to laugh at this development or just be mildly annoyed that everything just went back to square one... One thing I have to say is that I blame the dum dum who went ahead and updated Yor and Loid's profiles without making a new thread about it first or informing everybody they were going to do it before the fact.
Me stare at @ElajRuengies @Peppersalt43 menacingly

What should I do with my calculation? Should I fix it as suggested by second22?

This is the result if I do what second22 suggest.

Calculation​

Scan
  • Standard concrete floor thickness = 4" | 10.16cm
  • Concrete floor radius1 = 139.4cm
  • Concrete flooe radius2 = 125.7cm

Volume​

Energy

• Frag of concrete 6J/cc
  • 561292.82822057 * 6 = 3367756.96932
You haven't done the soil and wood part yet. It could have been higher result and the volume of concrete used the same Spherical Cap, just removed the soil part.

Wait, I don't think it has been approved

I don't think I ever actually got a link so uh, what's the AP value of that ball getting kicked to space?
No it's not, that's the AP value of the original crater calc, the Escape Velocity KE of a Volleyball is
Volleyball Mass- 0.27 kg, plus escape Velocity- 11000 m/s, would've resulted in 16.335 Megajoules in the KE formula, or Wall level+
Although more specifically Earth's escape velocity is 11.186 km/s, so 0.27 * 0.5 * 11186^2 = 16,892,090.46 joules, or ~16.89 Megajoules

Last edited:
Bending of wood and compression of soil are nearly negligible though...
There is quite a lot of volume in the soil left, probably up to 100000 J to 500000 J. Yeah, just have to make it right. Anyway, still going to use the KE of volleyball. So no matter how much

Back