• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

upgrade for claire stanfield.

well according to the author of the Baccano! light novel (who is also the author of Durarara!!) claire stanfield can stalemate shizuo heiwajima who in this wiki is in tier 8 so should'nt claire get an upgrade via powerscaling. well I am not saying he should be tier 8 because he does not have the destructive capacity of shizuo but he should atleast be tier 9A for being superior to izaya and lol stomping several tier 9B characters

P.S-I am new to this wiki so appologies for any mistakes from my part.

Looking at Shizuo's page, it seem that even after taking out the ridiculous powerscaling that was being done from an apparent joke route from a non-canon game to a character from another series (Level 6 Shift Mikoto... yeah, that was complete nonsense made up for wanking Shizuo) he is being scaled to Celty. Which normally would be fine, since Celty is just slightly superhuman and she considers herself to be weaker than him, except that for some reason she got put as 8-A for what looks to be just a range feat, not AP.

In general the 4 Durarara's pages here need to be revised, a lot of powerscaling and feats seem weird now that I look at them. Simon and Izaya can fight a non-serious Shizuo and they are supposed to be just strong normal humans (at least as normal as a human being can be in Durarara). Unless the LNs go about things a lot differently after the parts I read (volumes 4 to 6, so it is possible) they don't seem like Building level characters, as Shizuo is still threatened and hurt by normal guns, a normal guy stabbing him with a special pen, the Saika army cutting him with their knives, a ballistic knife and even a box of knives falling from a shelf into his back. None of those things are Building level. Shizuo is consistently hurt by this kind of stuff, he just shrugs them off because of his insane stamina and resistance to pain.

I've heard of the comparison of Claire and Shizuo before (haven't seen Bacanno yet, intending to do so when I have the time, so I can't say if it sounds reasonable), but it's usually with the comparison/tier list fans post around without a source, like the thing that was added to Shizuo's page of him being on par with a demon. So it would be best to post the source of the statement, but if Clair is considered to be able to fight on par with Shizuo and his stats here are accurate, it makes me doubt Shizuo's stats here even more.

I agree with your point but the thing about shizuo not being immune to bullets and knives I think its common in fiction like for example spiderman has an AP of large building level and can tank punches from enemies of similar AP but still spiderman can be killed by a headshot or even stabbed to death.its the same for shizuo and concidering about izaya and simon being strong normal humans I think even for durarara!! standards they are concidered like monsters(not literally) by the reaction of others to theirs insane feats . and lastely about the comparison about shizuo and claire. Baccano! and Durarara!! are set in the same universe but in different times. according to the author claire can solo baccano! verse by himself in less than 30 pages (excluding ronnie the wish granting magical demon who can stalemate him) and boccano verse consists of several superhumans,immortals,artificial human who is made to be superior to humans,alchemists and some monsters and claire is hilariously above all of them. the difference between claire and shizuo is that shizuo is much stronger and tends to tank attacks while claire is much faster and very easily dodges attacks. while shizuo himeself is superhumanly fast dodging those blades thrown by izaya and being a bullet timer in reactions. claire is so fast that he can blitz a character who can throw punches as fast as bullets who himself can blitz a casual bullet timer. claire is also a monster in strength department(but not as much as shizuo though) as he owerpowered a artificial human who lol giggle stomped both ladd russo and graham specter. claire is also very unpredictable while fighting which makes him nearly unstoppable while shizuo's fighting style is ...simple (well because he does not like violence). the author says that if claire and shizuo fought shizuo can tank all of claire's attacks and claire can dodge all of shizuo's attacks effectively a stalemate. and another thing is that even currently both shizuo and claire have yet to show their full power even in their respective series. the reason why some people think claire is stronger between the two is because in both the anime and light novel shizuo has been hurt and injured and shizuo does not have that much onshott records as claire. well the reason for this is not because shizuo is weak or anything its because he hates fighting and he always try to avoid killing if he truly wanted he can onshott both izaya and simon left and right. claire is not like that if you piss him off he will be your worst nightmare he is also more badass but I still like shizuo more. Also the anime of Baccano! only covered less than 15% or 10% of light novel so it does not have any desirable feats like durarara!!. P.S- I dont know who added him in the antagonist category he is more of like an anti hero but in no way is he a antagonist.

@BANLK Please read the Power-scaling Rules for Marvel and DC Comics. Marvel is unbelievably inconsistent from writer to writer and story to story. We are mostly gauging the Marvel characters from high-level feats, as long as they do not turn completely ridiculous.

@LazyHunter Would you be interested in rewriting the statistics for the "Baccano!" profiles in question?

@-BANLK-

I was aware that the Naritaverse (Durarara, Baccano, Etsusa Bridge and Vamp) is a thing. I see why would Claire stalemate Shizuo with superior speed, I'd still prefer a source for Narita's statement before adding those crossverse comparisons to the profiles. Also, you can endure attacks that hurt you and continue fighting while not having superior durability by your resistance to pain, stamina and determination, especially in shonen. In Toaru, for example, Touma has survived beatdowns from not-serious Saints and other ungodly amounts of punishment, but we still rate him as Peak Human since he can still get killed like a normal human would by guns and knives. From what I've seen in the Durarara anime and the few LNs I read, I'd rate Shizuo as Wall level, since it's true the knives that stab him don't do it particularly deep and fall off on their own, Vorona hurt her leg by kicking him and he survived a car and truck slamming into him and running him over at low speed. I think I also remember something about Shinra complaining about ruining his scalpels while operating on Shizuo, but I'm not sure.

@Antvasima

I wouldn't be able to rewrite the Baccano profiles since I haven't seen the anime or read the LNs so far. I have seen the Durarara anime (First season and two cours of the second) and read three of the LNs. I'm planning to read the rest once I binge watch the last cour in about a month. Then I'll see if those Shizuo feats are valid and rewrite/improve the profiles, since I don't remember him making a building-sized explosion, destroying a building or the dynamite part on the anime so far

As reference, here's a respect thread with most of Shizuo's feats for the anime up to cour two of season two.

Well, I do not have the time to read respect threads I'm afraid, but feel free to start a content revision thread when you think that you are in a position to rewrite the profiles in question.

I think the Baccano profiles as they are now are fine, (this could change depending on that lightnovel thread that's ongoing though) and while I don't follow Durarara those ratings sound very dubious if Claire is supposed to stalemate shizuo heiwajima, the best feat in Baccano to my knowledge is wall level and nothing higher than that

It's probably best to not do cross-verse scaling

Okay then.

Agreed about that we cannot use Marvel standards for more consistent one-writer franchises.

Back