• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

UPDATED:Add Toon Force to Gear 5

Luffy is unaware of the ability at this moment, but it has been stated by Oda and in canon by the elders that Luffy has the power to turn imagination into reality.
(Update)

Luffy should have toon force due to statements and his actions proving he does.

Last edited:
We don't see him warping reality. We know he can bring things into reality like cartooney sound effects and stars swirling around his opponent's head when he hits them, or the eyeballs popping out thing. That's more subjective reality than reality warping.
Until he starts doing reality warping that statement's not enough justification.

It looks like they are mostly doing the conceptual manipulation over there
We don't see him warping reality. We know he can bring things into reality like cartooney sound effects and stars swirling around his opponent's head when he hits them, or the eyeballs popping out thing. That's more subjective reality than reality warping.
Until he starts doing reality warping that statement's not enough justification.
sorry I’m new to this scaling stuff, but isnr subjective reality the same thing?

sorry I’m new to this scaling stuff, but isnr subjective reality the same thing?
Sort of? It won't be applied beyond what he's shown. He hits an opponent and their eyeballs pop out, or they have swirling stars around their heads-
It's basically like fighting a gag character but without the physics defying, world breaking nonsense for now. Oda seems to have plans for Gear 5 to be full on cartoonish but until those feats are shown it's hard to assume what he can and can't have beyond what he did show

Sort of? It won't be applied beyond what he's shown. He hits an opponent and their eyeballs pop out, or they have swirling stars around their heads-
It's basically like fighting a gag character but without the physics defying, world breaking nonsense for now. Oda seems to have plans for Gear 5 to be full on cartoonish but until those feats are shown it's hard to assume what he can and can't have beyond what he did show
Hasn’t Luffy been defying physics with his fruit this entire time? He’s been pulling stuff off that he was never able to pull off before with gear 5(like making his entire body giant, but not in the way that tankman did) and inflating his body for bajarng gun without blowing air..I think it’s definitely his imagination causing this.

Hasn’t Luffy been defying physics with his fruit this entire time? He’s been pulling stuff off that he was never able to pull off before with gear 5(like making his entire body giant, but not in the way that tankman did) and inflating his body for bajarng gun without blowing air..I think it’s definitely his imagination causing this.
That all falls under stretching-
Making his body giant is just him using body control the same way he did for gear 3, only on a far greater scale and without needing air. His body could always expand and grow, but now he can do it more freely

Making his body giant is just him using body control the same way he did for gear 3, only on a far greater scale and without needing air. His body could always expand and grow, but now he can do it more freely
Fair, but he is also capable of transforming the environment and people which is only something which paramecia users can do.

Fair, but he is also capable of transforming the environment and people which is only something which paramecia users can do.
Yep. That falls under Transmutation. Unlike most users he can transmutate seemingly even energy and whatnot, so it's already on his G5 section for the profile

What about the eyeball thing, how is that not defying physics 😅

What about the eyeball thing, how is that not defying physics 😅
It is.
That's why it's subjective reality- it isn't physics defying in the permanent sense I guess? It works on a select few but Luffy's not punching an island in half and in the next panel it's intact (like how Arale does with the earth)
THAT kinda physics defiance is what allows for full on reality warp

Yep. That falls under Transmutation. Unlike most users he can transmutate seemingly even energy and whatnot, so it's already on his G5 section for the profile
But why would it not fall under the fact that it’s because of subjective reality?

But why would it not fall under the fact that it’s because of subjective reality?
It might. His entire awakening in itself might fall under 'subjective reality' but the abilities themselves that he displays have their own names on vs wiki.

And btw, why is reality warping? I think it would count as toon force lol

And btw, why is reality warping? I think it would count as toon force lol
It should tbh. I feel like adding "Toon Force" (be it limited or not) and then specifying that he can make things appear, have people's eyes pop out and whatnot would probably cover 'subjective reality' within it, instead of having to explain everything seperately.

It might. His entire awakening in itself might fall under 'subjective reality' but the abilities themselves that he displays have their own names on vs wiki.
Oh, Alright then. So for now until Luffy shows that he can use the ability we can’t add it to his profile? Cause I still think since this is statements from the most credible source of information in universe and out of universe(Oda and the elders)
feat > statement
But it was stated in universe and out of universe so I think it should count, we just wouldn’t know to what degree ig.

But again, I would actually support it as toon force but not as reality warping

Oh, should I change it to just toon force then? Since it seems in the other thread they are focusing on something else
On other thread, conceptual manipulation is already rejected because in that context, it just means idea lol.

Oh, Alright then. So for now until Luffy shows that he can use the ability we can’t add it to his profile? Cause I still think since this is statements from the most credible source of information in universe and out of universe(Oda and the elders)
Basically. Being bound only by imagination can mean anything from "getting more creative" to "literally acheiving nonsense world breaking things"
Luffy himself says "I can do everything I want" while stretching and toying around, so it could very well mean he's not limited in the sense that he doesn't need blood flow pumping, blowing into his bones and muscles-- which he isn't since we see him do all a good few of his other gears' tricks without needing to specifically perform the techniques.

Basically. Being bound only by imagination can mean anything from "getting more creative" to "literally acheiving nonsense world breaking things"
Luffy himself says "I can do everything I want" while stretching and toying around, so it could very well mean he's not limited in the sense that he doesn't need blood flow pumping, blowing into his bones and muscles-- which he isn't since we see him do all a good few of his other gears' tricks without needing to specifically perform the techniques.
Tbh every toon force/ reality wraping (subjective) user is bound by their intelligence and imagination.
So ya agreed, limited is not really important here

Back