• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Update on The Truth's abillities.

Let's get to the point, I have suggestion for some of an abilities that The Truth deserves to have on it's profile:

Non Existence Physiology type 1 (The Truth present as a superior "metaphysical" existence in The Gate of The Truth where he creates it and the conventional existence doesn't exist in there, that's why when Edward wants to go there he has to use his "mind" as guide which consists of body and soul)

Abstract Existence type 1 (The Truth is the embodiment of everything that exists in the world to the metaphysical stage, he becomes the concept of God, Space, and all things that exists)

Conceptual Manipulation type 3 (The Truth creates The Gate of Truth and the Alchemy's concept which in there contains all the knowledge in the world and within everyone, that is why everyone can use alchemy)

Soul Manipulation, Non Physical Interaction (The Truth can control the soul of a person, Edward once made a deal with him to exchange his right hand for the soul of Alphonse)

Large Size type 8 (The Truth is the Universe itself)

Law Manipulation (Create the Gate of Truth which why everyone can use alchemy, with principles such as Law Conservation of Mass and Law of Providence)

Incorporeal (The Truth exists in the center of The Gate where it's metaphysical)

Higher Dimensional Existence (Literally the universe itself including it's dimension, and exist in the place where it's beyond physical world; in the Gate of Truth as the God)

Last edited:
Agree with all but iffy on NEP, if the mind consists of body and soul, how come the gates doesn't allow conventional existence?

AE type 1 is just him explaining that he is omnipresent
So disagree with AE type 1 and leaning towards disagreement but still am neutral on NEP type 1 and Conceptual manip
Agree with everything else

It isn't just that he is omnipresent he is all of those things that he mentions the space ,the world, the all and the god as proven by the fact that everyone has an gate of truth even inanimate objects such as earth

It isn't just that he is omnipresent he is all of those things that he mentions the space ,the world, the all and the god as proven by the fact that everyone has an gate of truth even inanimate objects such as earth
Yeah that is what omnipresense is
He is the space since he is space, he is the world because he is the universe, he is the all since he is in everything

Yeah that is what omnipresense is
He is the space since he is space, he is the world because he is the universe, he is the all since he is in everything
No omnipresence means being present everywhere,whenever and no where at the same time. Instead truth is everything the space,people and the planets etc it's a bit more than just omnipresence

NEP is not within my expertise so neutral.

Abstract Existence looks solid

I'm not sure if that's really Conceptual manipulation but rather creation and Power Bestowal

Soul Manipulation and Non Physical interaction are legit.

Large Size type 8 looks good.

Given he created the laws of Alchemy and thus created the Laws of Thermodynamics, and does have the ability to alter it so equivalent exchange isn't always needed by notes it's more just something must be given to receive something. So I see Law Manipulation being a possibility.

Incorporeal is legit

High dimensional existence also looks fine.

NEP not sure, since the panel states Edward had his body with him and he was using his mind to bring him to the Gate, nothing about leaving it behind.

No to the Higher Dimensional Existence since the scan doesn't say anything about higher than the Universe and even says Truth is the Universe.
The universe in FMAB already is rated as a space-time, if truth is the universe, it is a higher dimensional existence

What Medeus and MarvelFanatic accepted is probably fine to apply, but let's wait a bit to see if we get more responses first.

No omnipresence means being present everywhere,whenever and no where at the same time. Instead truth is everything the space,people and the planets etc it's a bit more than just omnipresence
that also can be omnipresense just a higher form of it
It doesn't have a reason to be AE since none of that is abstract

Let's get to the point, I have suggestion for some of an abilities that The Truth deserves to have on it's profile:

Non Existence Physiology type 1 (The Truth present as a superior "metaphysical" existence in The Gate of The Truth where he creates it and the conventional existence doesn't exist in there, that's why when Edward wants to go there he has to use his "mind" as guide which consists of body and soul)

Abstract Existence type 1 (The Truth is the embodiment of everything that exists in the world to the metaphysical stage, he becomes the concept of God, Space, and all things that exists)

Conceptual Manipulation type 3 (The Truth creates The Gate of Truth and the Alchemy's concept which in there contains all the knowledge in the world and within everyone, that is why everyone can use alchemy)

Soul Manipulation, Non Physical Interaction (The Truth can control the soul of a person, Edward once made a deal with him to exchange his right hand for the soul of Alphonse)

Large Size type 8 (The Truth is the Universe itself)

Law Manipulation (Create the Gate of Truth which why everyone can use alchemy, with principles such as Law Conservation of Mass and Law of Providence)

Incorporeal (The Truth exists in the center of The Gate where it's metaphysical)

Higher Dimensional Existence (Literally the universe itself including it's dimension, and exist in the place where it's beyond physical world; in the Gate of Truth as the God)
Oh, and his lifting strength also need to be upgraded to Immeasurable instead of his current Infinite rating

I don't see how that is NEP. Especially if body and soul exists, that is still existence.

Where in those scans is it stated that it creates the laws or concept of alchemy? The gate being necessary to use alchemy, and the truth being/creating that gate, doesn't equate to creating literally everything that relates to alchemy in every way.

Don't think it's higher-dimensional. It's space and the universe, but that is still just three dimensions unless we have confirmation of it being the entire timeline at once. It also is a metaphysical place, but that doesn't equate to higher dimensions.

Incoporporeal sounds weird. It is literally all physical things, so it has a body. It also has non-physical components maybe, but it still has a physical body too.

DontTalk makes sense as usual. Thank you for helping out.

Neutral on Nonexistent Physiology
Everything else seems fine
Also, I think the tag should be Truth or Truth (Fullmetal Alchemist) instead of The Truth

Okay so most of the problem is on NEP feats? I'm fine for it to be not accepted by others since it's indeed vague and contradicted the definition also so almost all of them excluding NEP is accepted? That's fine.

Well the reason The Truth is omnipresent because he became "everything" including the concept that was there so he still AE. The Truth also the Law of Alchemy itself, and as Bern said earlier.

Where in those scans is it stated that it creates the laws or concept of alchemy? The gate being necessary to use alchemy, and the truth being/creating that gate, doesn't equate to creating literally everything that relates to alchemy in every way.
Does that need to be questioned? The Truth is the existence of God who is everything there. Even if you say The Truth didn't create it, everything in there is a small part of The Truth, including the concept. Especially Alchemists, because The Truth's Gate is the only Gate that holds all the knowledge in the world that reaches all other people's Gates.
Don't think it's higher-dimensional. It's space and the universe, but that is still just three dimensions unless we have confirmation of it being the entire timeline at once. It also is a metaphysical place, but that doesn't equate to higher dimensions.
Well, the FMA universe has been accepted as Space - Time structure. When the Truth means the "World" it's refer to Universe in literal which contains Time and Space dimensions.
Incoporporeal sounds weird. It is literally all physical things, so it has a body. It also has non-physical components maybe, but it still has a physical body too.
No, it's not literall all physical things. With Edward using his "mind" which is deeper than body and soul signifies that The Truth is an incorporeal being that cannot be felt by conventional methods. Plus The Truth becomes the embodiment of everything including abstract things like the laws of the Alchemists.

I'm not sure if that's really Conceptual manipulation but rather creation and Power Bestowal
Creation and Power Bestowal also can be listed here but since The Truth being omnipresence because everything including world, people, law, and universal concept that dominates reality doesn't he have CM3 by default?

Wait, I just read the CM page and realized that it has been revised. So now CM2 The Truth?

Neutral on NEP, not knowledgeable enough on that.

Agree with Abstract Existence.

I don’t think creating the Alchemy is the same as manipulating concepts. That would be Law Manipulation, since they are part of the laws of physics in this world.

I agree with Soul and Non-physical interaction.

I agree with Large Size.

I agree with Law Manipulation.

I agree Incorporeal.

I am unsure about higher dimension.

So can somebody summarise who have agreed with what here please?

Okay. Thank you, and which staff members agree or disagree with what then?

Okay. Thank you, and which staff members agree or disagree with what then?
@Armorchompy Agreed with everything but admitted to not being knowledgeable on the matter.

@Theglassman12 Agreed with everything except NEP.

@DarkDragonMedeus Agreed with everything except for NEP (neutral), CM (possibly sees it as power bestowal/creation) and Law Manipulation (admittedly is willing to compromise with a "possible" rating).

@DontTalkDT Not convinced by CM, Law Manipulation, Incorporeal, HDE and NEP but doesn't seem to have issues with the rest.

Does that need to be questioned? The Truth is the existence of God who is everything there. Even if you say The Truth didn't create it, everything in there is a small part of The Truth, including the concept. Especially Alchemists, because The Truth's Gate is the only Gate that holds all the knowledge in the world that reaches all other people's Gates.
Just because something is stated to be a god, that doesn't mean we hand it abilities. It needs to prove that stuff just as much as a normal human would.

The Truth is never stated to be those concepts, so that being 'everything' includes all kinds of concepts and additionally grants it the ability to manipulate those is pure speculation.

The Truth's gate holding knowledge doesn't relate to concept manipulation in any way.

Well, the FMA universe has been accepted as Space - Time structure. When the Truth means the "World" it's refer to Universe in literal which contains Time and Space dimensions.
It only says it is space as far as I am aware. Can you proof it is time as well? Being the 'world' is too vague to equate to timeline per default. World can mean a number of things and change in usage by context and without warning.

No, it's not literall all physical things. With Edward using his "mind" which is deeper than body and soul signifies that The Truth is an incorporeal being that cannot be felt by conventional methods. Plus The Truth becomes the embodiment of everything including abstract things like the laws of the Alchemists.
Actually, I guess we can consider the physical aspects of it avatars. Although that much should be explained on the page IMO.

Well, DontTalk is one of our most knowledgeable and intelligent staff members, so if he has reservations they are almost always due to good reasons.

Back