• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread 4

This sounds less like you're talking about new powers and abilities, and more like you're just asking what abilities to list for a certain verse.

Could you please take that to a separate thread?

I can see the first one, but the second paragraph is me genuinely not knowing what to discern. But I suppose. There ain't really no good place for "Verse Ability Evaluations" though and a mod would be best at making that thread to govern over it instead of me. I also don't want to spam the wiki with questions all over the place as I feel that'd be much more annoying. But whatever.

With situations like that, I've tended to ask some combination of other people working on the verse, people I know on the wiki, and random people in chat. If all of that comes up with no answer, I make a short questions and answers thread about it.

But maybe you're right that some big thread for that would be nice.

If someone imposed the rules of a turn based rpg, giving themselves and their allies infinite turns (basically acting normally) while their enemies can't do anything (only passive powers work) not even thinking or feeling like doing anything to act, what would this be?

Agnaa said:
This sounds less like you're talking about new powers and abilities, and more like you're just asking what abilities to list for a certain verse.

Could you please take that to a separate thread?

I'm with Agnaa, this thread is for adding new power or reevaluating the existing ones, not for what power qualify as what power.

@The God of Procrastination

If a character manages to physically bend your body, flattens your body in a way that your skeletal system & organs will look flat as paper, pierce through the body and any other method to deform your body is clearly beyond the capabilities of what Superhuman Physical Characteristics can handle & definitely will not prevent that from happening.

Magi Hussie said:
@The pen or the sword

Not only have I never tried to imply that every character automatically gets that but you also easily misinterpretated what I said. I refer to only the ones who were shown to have it, I never meant to imply all characters in general.

If I were to separate that to 6 superpowers and we created pages for each one of them, then they will end up redundant due to lacking enough information on a page. If we added the 5 sub-versions of the power under 1 power that encompasses it (also, 5 types isn't even a lot), then the page would be much more useful that way.
....I never made any statement about every character having this power in fact my main complaint is how few characters there are with some version of this ability, so no idea what your saying I misinterpreted.

I think the single page itself is redundant cause all the ability represents is different form's of durability/resistance that can easily be listed in other parts of the profile rather then creating another powers page. As Ive said before, if you and others really feel it's necessary I won't fight It I just find it very unnecessary.

Magi Hussie said:
@The God of Procrastination

If a character manages to physically bend your body, flattens your body in a way that your skeletal system & organs will look flat as paper, pierce through the body and any other method to deform your body is clearly beyond the capabilities of what Superhuman Physical Characteristics can handle & definitely will not prevent that from happening.
But being more durable will prevent that.

@The pen or the sword

Durability won't help you at that point if all your internal organs become flatten instantly from compression, your body bended in half like paper (your spine and other parts of the skeletal structure would break from that), being severely pierced through the body would result in death and any other methods of deformation already makes this self-explanatory.

So no, this ability does need a single page just for that.

@The God Of Procrastination

Almost all of these methods would instantly kill the character, durability won't let you survive deformation that happens instantly and would end up killing the character in the process.

@The God Of Procrastination

It doesn't matter how high your physical durability is, if you're vital organs & bones is flatten and everything else that is physically impossible to survive from, it would still kill the character regardless.

@Agnaa

I'm referring to scenarios where the character resists deformation, one of these examples would be resisting compression. When the character resisted compression from an object falling ontop of them, they were only able to survive it at least 2 times without any visible signs of Regenerationn & no blood was noticeable around their flatten bodies and they reverse their deformed body back to normal.

If they get compressed for the 3rd time, then that would kill them, which wouldn't be Type 2 Immortality since they can still die that way and can't be Mid Regen either because Mid Regen is supposed to allow you to recover from that. So this would be considered as a type of Undeformability, more specifically to be limited Uncompressibility since there is a limit of the number of times the character can resist compression.

That sounds like either durability which was overcome, or something so completely absurdly specific (this character can survive getting compressed two times as long as the object isn't heavier than this amount and if they get compressed any more times they die) that it shouldn't get a page.

The closest things I've ever seen in my lifetime to what you're talking about don't have number of times limits like that, and would just be type 2 immortality/mid regen.

Back