• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eficiente

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
"He only affects the Nine Worlds, which is heavily implied in the movie and outright shown in the Avengers 3 Prequel Comic."

That would be this.

However, in the comics of Thor 2 we have 3 statements that imply something quite different:

"Malekith, the most ruthless of the Dark Elves, beings born from the darkness, sought to transform our universe back into one of the eternal night"

"Your universe was never meant to be. Your world and your family will be extinguished!"

"Have you come to witness the end of your universe?"

I want a classification here. If this was already discussed in some thread this wasn't clarified in the history of Malekith's profile. Needless to say that this would scale to Thanos.

I know, I want to know the reasoning behind it.

I believe that the comic of Thor 2 was never used as evidence, we had a page that claimed things without any links. Like Dormammu's used to be.

Pretty sure it is said that Malekith would destroy the Universe by taking advantage of the alignment of the Nine Worlds, which would increasingly amplify the scale of the Reality Stone until it consumed everything.

You can ask Matthew Schroeder to comment here.

Malekith was only going to destroy the Nine Worlds contextually. But the Nine Worlds were treated as being "the universe" in Thor 2, which is obviously not the case.

Were they? In Thor 2 Heimdall and the World Tree gave the heavy implications of galaxies to me.

I find hard to believe that he was going to let the rest of the light and life in the universe live. Why would he only target the Nine Worlds? It's not as if the eternal night he was talking about had the rest of the universe already there and then the Nine Worlds were created.

Matthew Schroeder said:
But the Nine Worlds were treated as being "the universe" in Thor 2
Also as "the very fabric of reality".

Back