• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Underwater battle: Ryley robinson vs Gomamon (1 vote left)

ryley decides to fight for his life after a gomamon attacks him

Ryley's Profile: 0 votes

Gomamon's Profile: 4 votes

Rules

Both are high 8-C (robinson at his strongest and gomamon at his weakest)

Both are bloodlusted

speed equalized

There's knowledge for both but no prep (ryley knows of the gomamons and the gomamons know of ryley)

who wins and why

also what would ryley or that goodall lady aka robin ayou think of underwater digimon? (if subnautica and digimon existed in the same world)

Last edited:
Can Gomamon do anything to get out of Ryley's stasis bubble?
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Digimon Physiology, Summoning (Can call a school of fish), Forcefield Creation and Attack Reflection, Water Manipulation

& I doubt Gomamon can break it with AP or such.

Also, per the OP:
Both are high 8-C (robinson at his strongest and gomamon at his weakest)

Maybe he could use his Marching Fishes to try & distract Ryley or break the equipment, freeing him?

Looking at https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Digimon_Physiology ....

• Incorporeality: The composition of the given Digimon is a metaphysical substance and its existence is actually equivalent to primordial souls being naturally untouchable by those who exist in lower worlds;
I don't know if this is relevant, because I'm unsure how it applies, if at all, to this Gomamon.

• Reality Warping, Law Manipulation and Pocket Reality Manipulation (With Hacking and Information Manipulation): Reality is viewed by the Digimon, and other digital beings, as a computer program, so they are able to rewrite the structure of reality changing the laws of the world to whatever form they want. In particular, Digimon are considered as the best hacking programs in-universe. This can be used to create and reshape pocket realities;
    • Can disable Forcefields: Using hacking, Digimon is able to disable Firewalls, even if they are recognized as impenetrable by humans;
    • Invisibility: They are able to mask their presence as if they "sealed" themselves, making them inaccessible to others;
    • Remove seals: Analyze data that is sealed and locked and is able to remove such a seal;
    • Duplication: They are able to temporarily copy a target data and then paste it elsewhere, only one copy can be saved at a time;
    • Electricity Manipulation: Are able to turn the power of a system on or off;
    • Extrasensory Perception: Can detect the presence of traps, even if they are Dimensional Holes;
    • Purification: They are able to restore programs and devices that have been broken or corrupted

I don't know how much RW, Law Manip, PR Manip, Hacking & Information Manip this Gomamon can use, but plenty of it, he is liable to use, because OP specified them as bloodlusted.
Could Gomamon use Electricity Manipulation to shut down the power to Ryley's gear?

There's of course, a bunch of other potentially important stuff on that page, but I'm not sure how applicable, if at all, it is to Gomamon? Anyone willing to help clear up such stuff?

Depends on how powerful Gomamon's electricity manip is. EMPs work on Ryley's vehicles but not his tech but those vehicles can resist electrical discharges from Ampeels

The other stuff only applies to Gomamon itself

Looking into the matter.... From the Digimon Physiology page:
Note 6: Digimon as abstract beings do not usually interact with physical beings as humans. If it's decided to work the Digimon the way they are usually seen in Real World scenes (With them in ReArised form) the abilities coming from their abstract bodies, as High-Dimensional Existence, should be disregard.

& also considering this, from the Digimon page:

Note 2: Since the Digimon are naturally beings of a different plane of existence from the conventional one, the interaction between them and the beings of a lower plane in their normal conditions is not expected, what is translated in unfair disputes between Digimon and other characters in battles. Conveniently, in the franchise itself there is the process of Realize (Also called Re: Digitize) in which a Digimon manifesting itself in the Real World using pseudo proteins that follow its true form so that it is possible to equate its existence with that of Humans, although still being able to use their powers, although in a more "real" way. Thus in a battle, it is possible to specify the use of the Digimon's "Realized forms", so that we can disregard the factor of they being beings of a different plane of existence, making the fights fairer. Basically, when a Digimon fights a character outside of a Digital Space, the Realize form is automatically assumed to be used.

Supposedly, this would mean these abilities:
Incorporeality: The composition of the given Digimon is a metaphysical substance and its existence is actually equivalent to primordial souls being naturally untouchable by those who exist in lower worlds;
  • Reality Warping, Law Manipulation and Pocket Reality Manipulation (With Hacking and Information Manipulation): Reality is viewed by the Digimon, and other digital beings, as a computer program, so they are able to rewrite the structure of reality changing the laws of the world to whatever form they want. In particular, Digimon are considered as the best hacking programs in-universe. This can be used to create and reshape pocket realities;
    • Can disable Forcefields: Using hacking, Digimon is able to disable Firewalls, even if they are recognized as impenetrable by humans;
    • Invisibility: They are able to mask their presence as if they "sealed" themselves, making them inaccessible to others;
    • Remove seals: Analyze data that is sealed and locked and is able to remove such a seal;
    • Duplication: They are able to temporarily copy a target data and then paste it elsewhere, only one copy can be saved at a time;
    • Electricity Manipulation: Are able to turn the power of a system on or off;
    • Extrasensory Perception: Can detect the presence of traps, even if they are Dimensional Holes;
    • Purification: They are able to restore programs and devices that have been broken or corrupted
....Are likely irrelevant

At least, presuming this is "Realized" Gomamon's form. Given the above, I'd assume so. Plus, OP specified "Both are high 8-C (robinson at his strongest and gomamon at his weakest)". So I'd presume this is "Realized".

So I guess we look at Gomamon's default abilities, those independent of Digimon Physiology:
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Summoning (Can call a school of fish), Forcefield Creation and Attack Reflection, Water Manipulation

& to be clear on how they're used:

Gomamon

• Marching Fishes: Summons a school of colorful flying fish from any water. Can slam into a foe to throw them off balance or can be a raft to move across water faster.
  • Surudoi Tsume: Attacks the foe with a slice of its claw.
  • Sharp Edge: Jumps up and slices at the enemy repeatedly while in mid-air.
  • Surfer Dive: Jumps into the air to body slam the enemy.
  • Tail Slap: Kicks the foe while flipping.
  • Bubble Barrier: Encases self in a shield made of a water bubble, which repels attacks and hurts foes.
  • Sliding Seal: Slides under opponent's feet, causing his opponent to trip.

Gomamon may be able to use its previous evolutions' abilities, so let's bring those up, too:

Pukamon

• Air Bubbles: Shoots bubbles
  • Bubbles: Shoots bubble-like substances from its mouth.
  • Froth Bubbles: Shoots a bubble-like substances from its mouth.

I'm unsure, but I doubt Bloodlust would make Gomamon know how to/be able to use its abilities in ways it hasn't shown; It will do Out of Character things, but I doubt it can do stuff it doesn't know how to do, or in ways its powers haven't been shown to be able to be used in.

So back to this.
Could it be disrupted by Bubble Barrier? Could Gomamon summon Marching Fishes from within the Stasis Barrier to try & break the equipment controlling the barrier? (Though, he may not know what to target if it isn't evident what is causing the barrier to begin with.)

If we do suppose Gomamon can use its abilities in unprecedented ways, I guess we have the question of if Ryley's equipment is waterproof, or if the Water Manip could make it non-functional.... But considering he's from a game called SUBNAUTICA, I'd assume it's at least somewhat waterproofed. To what extent, I'm not sure.

I guess there might also be the question of what values each character scales to, especially with "Both are high 8-C (robinson at his strongest and gomamon at his weakest).". Is that meant to be a restriction on statistics?

bump (also how do you link someone's name aka if you do this they will get a notification)

i wish dragonmasterxyz was here by notifying him via link

i left a message to dmua. hopefully she can deal with this.

you on the digimon side and her on the subnautica side

also weekly could you leave a message for dragonmasterxyz. if possible.

This is pretty simple

If it is in a Digital Space: Digimon are Incorporeal

If not: They have physical 3-D bodies.

Gomamon still has everything else listed on the page. But he wouldn't use them in character. He can summon the fishes from inside the barrier to attack from the outside if he so wishes. How helpful that is can be decided by you all.

As I am preparing for Digimon Revisions as well as helping with FF, I do not have time to give input on every single battle. And continuing to spam my message wall will only serve to annoy me and make me less willing to comment.

This is pretty simple

If it is in a Digital Space: Digimon are Incorporeal

If not: They have physical 3-D bodies.

Gomamon still has everything else listed on the page. But he wouldn't use them in character. He can summon the fishes from inside the barrier to attack from the outside if he so wishes. How helpful that is can be decided by you all.

As I am preparing for Digimon Revisions as well as helping with FF, I do not have time to give input on every single battle. And continuing to spam my message wall will only serve to annoy me and make me less willing to comment.

this is physical ocean

also sorry about the spamming

Last edited:
So, Riley has answers to a summoned swarm of fish roughly the same tier as him (Probably less than.) attacking his suit, right?

Yes

Then it comes down to this.
Gomamon has this:
  • Bubble Barrier: Encases self in a shield made of a water bubble, which repels attacks and hurts foes.
I dunno if it'd be able to prevent the Stasis Bubble forming, or if it'd be able to disable an already existing Stasis Bubble.
Gomamon also has Ranged attacks... but they come from his pre-evolution, Pukamon's abilities:

Range is....
Range: Looks about 40 feet (going by when Ikkakumon attacks Unimon)

....Why does his profile not account for him having multiple forms?! Anyway, even if he does use them (Which he might if trapped.), they might be weaker than his other techniques, being a pre-evolution's, even if he's stronger using them than said previous stage....

But like you might have noticed in my earlier post above, Gomamon doesn't HAVE any other techniques (Besides Marching Fishes.) to use when he can't get in melee range!

I guess it helps that he's bloodlusted.
Dunno what of Ryley's moves Bubble Barrier should help against.
Gomamon's best options are probably to play defensive & hope he can destroy Ryley's equipment before he can land it on him.

Let's look into Gomamon's statistics. "Somewhat weaker" than Agumon/Gabumon.... "Attack Potency: Large Building level+ (As a well-trained Rookie Digimon Agumon should be now weaker than a newborn Guilmon who can do this) " (I assume "now weaker than" is a typo of "no weaker than".)

& in the linked calc blog....
Guilmon vaporizes a wall (Low-end) = 1.410259694e+10 Joules, Large Building.

Guilmon vaporizes a wall (High-end) = 3.32092103e+10, Large Building.

The only evaluation (From early 2018.) didn't specify which end is used....
So Gomamon is "somewhat weaker" than either 33,209,210,300 or 14,102,596,940 joules. About a 2.35x difference.

Good news for Gomamon, though:
Tier: 9-B Physically, 9-B with Seamoth, High 8-C with P.R.A.W.N Suit and Repulsion Cannon

Riley's only hurting Gomamon with the P.R.A.W.N Suit & Repulsion Cannon, but since they're bloodlusted, Riley might be resorting to his strongest stuff first. Nip it in the bud & all. Where does that suit scale to?

Large Building level with P.R.A.W.N Suit and Repulsion Cannon (The P.R.A.W.N. Suit can kill Reaper, Sea Dragon, and Ghost Leviathans with physical attacks, The Repulsion Cannon can bring a charging Reaper Leviathan to a dead standstill and can move Reefbacks)

(I wonder how many attacks it needs? Also, a dead standstill? Do Charging Reaper Leviathans just get temporarily stopped from moving? Does it not actually damage them) Anyway, there's a calc blog about their tiering by size: (Though, the comments also have some seemingly unfinished discussion about the speed for the feats used; Whether or not it's actually accepted seems up in the air.)

Reaper Leviathan: 278,586,619 joules or 0.06658 tons of TNT | Small Building level
Babu Ghost Leviathan: 1,151,589,885 joules or 0.275 tons of TNT | Building level
Adult Ghost Leviathan: 11,963,072,000 joules or 2.859 tons of TNT | Large Building level
Sea Dragon Leviathan: 12,430,018,678 joules or 2.97 tons of TNT | Large Building level

Gomamon is scaled to "somewhat weaker" than a value 1.13~ times higher than the highest of those listed values. So he might be on par if the Low-End were accepted.
If the high end were accepted, he's scaled to "somewhat weaker" than a value about 2.67~ times higher than the highest of those listed values.

So I guess it comes down to how much the P.R.A.W.N. Suit's physical attacks can harm Sea Dragon Leviathans & whatnot, & if the Repulsion Cannon can harm them at all; From what I understand of his profile, Ryley's other equipment doesn't have the AP to match up.

(Also both sides involve Calcs with incomplete evaluations. Fun!)

There's of course, the question of if Gomamon can break Ryley's Equipment, too. Is any of it made of more vulnerable material than other parts?

Sorry if I'm being a bit verbose. I hope this helps.

Then it comes down to this.
Gomamon has this:
I dunno if it'd be able to prevent the Stasis Bubble forming, or if it'd be able to disable an already existing Stasis Bubble.
Gomamon also has Ranged attacks... but they come from his pre-evolution, Pukamon's abilities:

Range is....
Range: Looks about 40 feet (going by when Ikkakumon attacks Unimon)

....Why does his profile not account for him having multiple forms?! Anyway, even if he does use them (Which he might if trapped.), they might be weaker than his other techniques, being a pre-evolution's, even if he's stronger using them than said previous stage....

But like you might have noticed in my earlier post above, Gomamon doesn't HAVE any other techniques (Besides Marching Fishes.) to use when he can't get in melee range!

I guess it helps that he's bloodlusted.
Dunno what of Ryley's moves Bubble Barrier should help against.
Gomamon's best options are probably to play defensive & hope he can destroy Ryley's equipment before he can land it on him.

Let's look into Gomamon's statistics. "Somewhat weaker" than Agumon/Gabumon.... "Attack Potency: Large Building level+ (As a well-trained Rookie Digimon Agumon should be now weaker than a newborn Guilmon who can do this) " (I assume "now weaker than" is a typo of "no weaker than".)

& in the linked calc blog....
Guilmon vaporizes a wall (Low-end) = 1.410259694e+10 Joules, Large Building.

Guilmon vaporizes a wall (High-end) = 3.32092103e+10, Large Building.

The only evaluation (From early 2018.) didn't specify which end is used....
So Gomamon is "somewhat weaker" than either 33,209,210,300 or 14,102,596,940 joules. About a 2.35x difference.

Good news for Gomamon, though:
Tier: 9-B Physically, 9-B with Seamoth, High 8-C with P.R.A.W.N Suit and Repulsion Cannon

Riley's only hurting Gomamon with the P.R.A.W.N Suit & Repulsion Cannon, but since they're bloodlusted, Riley might be resorting to his strongest stuff first. Nip it in the bud & all. Where does that suit scale to?

Large Building level with P.R.A.W.N Suit and Repulsion Cannon (The P.R.A.W.N. Suit can kill Reaper, Sea Dragon, and Ghost Leviathans with physical attacks, The Repulsion Cannon can bring a charging Reaper Leviathan to a dead standstill and can move Reefbacks)

(I wonder how many attacks it needs? Also, a dead standstill? Do Charging Reaper Leviathans just get temporarily stopped from moving? Does it not actually damage them) Anyway, there's a calc blog about their tiering by size: (Though, the comments also have some seemingly unfinished discussion about the speed for the feats used; Whether or not it's actually accepted seems up in the air.)

Reaper Leviathan: 278,586,619 joules or 0.06658 tons of TNT | Small Building level
Babu Ghost Leviathan: 1,151,589,885 joules or 0.275 tons of TNT | Building level
Adult Ghost Leviathan: 11,963,072,000 joules or 2.859 tons of TNT | Large Building level
Sea Dragon Leviathan: 12,430,018,678 joules or 2.97 tons of TNT | Large Building level

Gomamon is scaled to "somewhat weaker" than a value 1.13~ times higher than the highest of those listed values. So he might be on par if the Low-End were accepted.
If the high end were accepted, he's scaled to "somewhat weaker" than a value about 2.67~ times higher than the highest of those listed values.

So I guess it comes down to how much the P.R.A.W.N. Suit's physical attacks can harm Sea Dragon Leviathans & whatnot, & if the Repulsion Cannon can harm them at all; From what I understand of his profile, Ryley's other equipment doesn't have the AP to match up.

(Also both sides involve Calcs with incomplete evaluations. Fun!)

There's of course, the question of if Gomamon can break Ryley's Equipment, too. Is any of it made of more vulnerable material than other parts?

Sorry if I'm being a bit verbose. I hope this helps.

we also need dmua

I managed to find this video of a guy killing a Sea Dragon Leviathan in game

In the video, it took him almost 3 minutes of non-stop drilling to kill the Sea Dragon. This was drilling though, and not physical attacks. If he was physically punching him, I don't know if it would have taken more or less time.

As for if the Repulsion Cannon can harm them, yes

A big thing to point out though is that the Reaper Leviathan is 9-A, so it might not be to effective against High 8-C's, and I couldn't find any videos of it being used aganst the Sea Dragon or anything else High 8-C, so I might need to go in game myself and test it out.

As for the whole Bubble Barrier vs Stasis Rifle debate, I don't know. I don't know enough about the inferior pokemon Digimon to contribute to that debate. My guess is it depends on if the Bubble Barrier defends Gomamon from Time Manipulation at all or if it only protects from attacks. The Stasis Rifle can freeze solid, in-organic material, so it might just be able to freeze the Bubble Barrior with Gomamon inside if he isn't able to protect himself from Time Manipulation. Take everything I just said with a giant grain of salt. I'm just taking a shot in the dark here.

I managed to find this video of a guy killing a Sea Dragon Leviathan in game

In the video, it took him almost 3 minutes of non-stop drilling to kill the Sea Dragon. This was drilling though, and not physical attacks. If he was physically punching him, I don't know if it would have taken more or less time.
Sounds like it's piercing. Can probably harm Gomamon. I say probably because we don't know if he's scaled to "somewhat weaker" than the Low End (A value slightly higher than the Sea Dragon Leviathan's yield.) or if he's "somewhat weaker" than the High End, which is about 2.67~ times higher than the Sea Dragon Leviathan's yield.
Since, the Rookie Digimon AP Calc never had whether it's Low End or High End was the one that was accepted....

& likewise, the KE Calc I linked for Subnautica's monster, IIRC, hasn't been accepted, at least in part due to stuff about speed in the comments.
As for if the Repulsion Cannon can harm them, yes
Also good to know! : )
A big thing to point out though is that the Reaper Leviathan is 9-A, so it might not be to effective against High 8-C's, and I couldn't find any videos of it being used aganst the Sea Dragon or anything else High 8-C, so I might need to go in game myself and test it out.
Yeah, I only listed the Reaper Leviathan's Yield from that calc blog for comparison's sake.
As for the whole Bubble Barrier vs Stasis Rifle debate, I don't know. I don't know enough about the inferior pokemon Digimon to contribute to that debate. My guess is it depends on if the Bubble Barrier defends Gomamon from Time Manipulation at all or if it only protects from attacks. The Stasis Rifle can freeze solid, in-organic material, so it might just be able to freeze the Bubble Barrior with Gomamon inside if he isn't able to protect himself from Time Manipulation. Take everything I just said with a giant grain of salt. I'm just taking a shot in the dark here.
Freezes as in freezes in time, as opposed to freezes in ice, I assume you mean? & usually, if there's critters with barriers or such, does the Stasis Bubble freeze the critter that made the barrier, too?
AFAIK, a "realized" Digimon (What's typically used in 3-D space, as opposed to one where Digimon Physiology is relevant.) such as Gomamon has no defense against Time Manipulation, so unless the Bubble Barrier gets frozen separately....
Well, is it possible to evade the Stasis Bubble? Does it have any tells, like a machinery part visibly or audibly charging or some kind of effect on nearby scenery prior to completion?

Freezes as in freezes in time, as opposed to freezes in ice, I assume you mean? & usually, if there's critters with barriers or such, does the Stasis Bubble freeze the critter that made the barrier, too?
Freezes time, yes.

There are no creatures in Subnautica who have barriers or anything alike. The Lava Lizards have Lava Armor on their back, but it's more like regular armor rather than a barrier/force field, so it wouldn't really count. So I couldn't really tell you if he would be able to freeze just the barrier, or the thing inside, or even freeze anything at all.

Well, is it possible to evade the Stasis Bubble? Does it have any tells, like a machinery part visibly or audibly charging or some kind of effect on nearby scenery prior to completion?
Whenever it's fired, it releases a large ball of light in the direction of where it's fired that can be dodged. When it hits the object it's being fired at, it expands into a giant bubble and freezes in time whatever's inside of the bubble. The gun also starts to spin if you choose to charge it up (Which is kind of required for it to be useful), and it also has an audible charge. So it has almost every tell you can have that you are about to attack/have already attacked with the stasis rifle.

Ah. Thank you for the answer. So it probably is possible for Gomamon to dodge it, especially bloodlusted.

Also, recalling OP said "(robinson at his strongest and gomamon at his weakest)", in the absence of proper evaluations, I wonder if that means we should scale Gomamon to his Low End for this match. (Unless the calc gets the High End accepted instead.)

The P.R.A.W.N &/or Cyclops armor usually aren't destructible, right?

So I think this fight comes down to if Ryley can freeze Gomamon through the bubble barrier. If yes, Ryley should take this, as he could just keep spamming the stasis rifle and just launch gas/vortex torpedos at Gomamon until he dies. If he can't get past the bubble barrier with the stasis rifle, Gomamon should take this, as they could just spam Sharp Edge and his bubble attacks until all of Ryley's vehicles get destroyed and then just kill Ryely.

Because we don't know if the stasis rifle can get past bubble barrier or not, I'm voting Inconclusive for now, because it all depends on if the stasis rifle can get past bubble barrier or not. Might change vote later if we come to an agreement on if stasis rifle would work on Bubble Barrier or if it wouldn't.

It can freeze through barriers yes
I don't remember it being able to do that. But I'll take your word for it. There's likely a creature or item I'm forgeting that has barriers that the stasis rifle can freeze.

Well in that case, Ryley freezes Gomamon in time with the stasis rifle and just spams torpedos until Gomamon dies from getting blown apart.

Changing vote to Ryely

Back