• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale Year-Misconception

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonLord

She/Her
Warning. If you have somehow not played Undertale this talks about heavy spoilers

This should be a pretty simple fix, currently profiles such as Papyrus state the game takes place in 201X in the age section. This isn’t true and actually a misdirection of the game itself

while the Intro says 201X. The Intro isn’t actually about Frisk. It’s about Chara as revealed at the end of the Pacifist Ending

The main difference here that makes this even more obvious is that Frisk has two Stripes. Chara has one. The kid in the Intro only has one

image0.jpg

image0.png

so add to this. Chara. Speaking through red text. Says they fell at the end of 201X

image0.jpg

So I think it’s pretty undeniable that the game takes place way after. as after Chara’s death Toriel went in hiding for so long not many can remember her. But how much is unknown. However we can get a good idea through some clues

The leading theory here is about 211X, mainly due to this line from Sans talking about Toriel

image0.png

While this could just be simple over exaggeration. It actually fits quite nicely with other clues about the age. Mainly the Usernames like “COOLSKELETON95”. If Papyrus really was born in 1995. It’s unlikely he’d not only not know what a human looks like but also not know what Toriel looks like. The same goes to Undyne’s StrongFish91. 2095 and 2091 respectively.

There are 3 expectations to this however. Napstablook, Dogamy and Dogressa

Napstablook talks about selling snails to Toriel in there snail farm. Which would only be possible if Napstablook was around pre-201X. Making them more likely actually being born in 1922 like there Username suggests

As for Dogamy and Dogressa. One of there battle lines is about how they were number two in the Nose Nuzzling Contest of ‘98, we can actually find the winner in Asgore’s house

image0.jpg

It’s pretty unlikely Asgore Nose Nuzzled with anyone other then Toriel and won. So this probably is actually from 1998. Making Dogamy and Dogressa really old. Which would make sense with them being partially blind. A common trait among old dogs. Probably allowing them to have Longevity

and another minor complaint. Sans’es profile says he’s likely the older brother. As of the Japanese localization of Undertale we now know directly Sans is older. As Papyrus refers to Sans as “Nii-Chan”. Japanese for Older Brother

TL;DR, Game doesn’t take place in 201X, the Ages on the profiles should reflect this

Last edited:
agreed, but I don't undertand why Napstablook being around to sell Toriel snails is a exception
Naptsablook says this about the snail farm

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

I think it’s pretty easy to put two and two together who this main customer is

image0.jpg

And unless Toriel sneaks out of her ruins to go to waterfall it would have to be before 201X. Therefore not 2022 or anything

Naptsablook says this about the snail farm

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

I think it’s pretty easy to put two and two together who this main customer is

image0.jpg

And unless Toriel sneaks out of her ruins to go to waterfall it would have to be before 201X. Therefore not 2022 or anything
yes, this make sense, at but It wasn't during 201X that Toriel isolated her self in the ruins, sinse that is just the time were Chara falled into the underground, and if I remenber correctly, Toriel just isolated her self after some time after Chara and Asriel died

Simple enough, makes sense, and is a pretty minor change, go ahead with the revision.

Alright. Should one mod be enough or should I wait for another to accept

to summarize the changes

-Change all Undertale profiles that mention a age to fit that the game takes place after 201X
-Possibly Longevity added for Dogamy and Dogressa for possibly living for more then 100 years

Alright. Should one mod be enough or should I wait for another to accept

to summarize the changes

-Change all Undertale profiles that mention a age to fit that the game takes place after 201X
-Possibly Longevity added for Dogamy and Dogressa for possibly living for more then 100 years
Been a bit so bump

I say go ahead, it's a really minor thing so no other mods will worry their head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back