• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(undertale) the anomaly/player revisions

well damn i might make a crt about that lol
if that is actually considered fine for whatever reason or a crt was already made about that and low 2-C was kept or something, then yeah I guess the true reset would be low 2-C

As I understand, Low 2-C would be based on the player being able to perform true resets.

Dimensional travel (for deltarune) is based on being able to interact and move from one save file to another in a set of three.
I agree with Dimensional Travel but a reset like it isn't Low 2-C.
number one
from the tobydog profile

this means that a file being corrupted is considered a canon event, and furthermore that reality no longer exists when it happens
a file being corrupted can be, and from what I gather usually is, the result of the player screwing something up

this means that stuff being removed from the game files is canon, and the player can do that
argument against this: the annoying dog profile is garbage (i probably sorta agree)
That "argument against this" is on point.
number two
there is literally an ending where sans comments on the player screwing with the game and since hard mode is referenced in the annoying dog's profile, meaning it's considered canon, the DH ending may as well be too

argument against this: not canon, sans says himself it's just an error message thingy, and the annoying dog profile is still garbage
Kinda as before and + it is just as gap, it doesn't tells us anything canon about the player.
number three
the game comments on it when you change the FH name using the files
argument against this: not canon, it's only for a funny
I mean, yeah, I'm on the argument against it again. They don't need to allude to some scientist studying timelines to makes things canon but just text like that has no reason to matter lore wise.
number four
chara needed the player's soul to recreate the game, and we'd scale to that or smth
argument against this: there's nothing implying they needed our soul (except for why tf would the revived consciousness of a dead child or just a ghost or whatever tf they even are be able to snap the universe into existence and warp reality on their own just because their partner killed ~100 people and became overpowered)
I was on the idea that they just wanted to force a permanent partnership by making the player soulless, but more critically thinking into it...yes, you could add it as a possibly due to Chara needing or wanting their soul.
number five
it's a very fourth-wall breaky game where the creator of the game is a canon character and two whole characters probably talk directly to the player and actual RPG game mechanics are part of the lore, one of the final bosses literally uses saving and loading to his advantage and crashes the game and stuff, why not?
argument against this: no (idfk lol)
The argument against it is on point again.
We consider Enrico Pucci's reset as Low 2-C despite being litteraly universal scale Power Bestowal that doesn't harm anyone; so I think True Reset has no reason to not qualify.
After times speeds up to infinity, which doesn't matter tier wise, a new universe is created just like the old one, hence Pucc's Low 2-C. A True Reset just turns back time, and nulls some Acausality, that's not Low 2-C at all. Side note Pucci should only be 3-A now, see the changes I made to the Big Bang page.

That "argument against this" is on point.
Kinda as before
I mean, yeah, I'm on the argument against it again.
The argument against it is on point again.
good thing i put those there so i didn't have to read extra woorrrds, i will remember this strategy
it is just as gap
what does that mean
I was on the idea that they just wanted to force a permanent partnership by making the player soulless, but more critically thinking into it...yes, you could add it as a possibly due to Chara needing or wanting their soul.
I actually just wanna ask real quick, what makes everyone think chara talks to the actual player in those scenes and not, idk, frisk?

Last edited:
I meant gag, my bad.

Maybe we should write the why of it somehow, anyone who doesn't know the game (or who does know it) may ask the same. Now I'm busy so I leave it to others if they can do it around this days.

So what are the conclusions here so far?
no solid low 2-C or reality warping, I admit the arguments for those were flimsy at best, maybe a "possibly low 2-C" since chara maybe needed our soul to recreate the game, and again there aren't any arguments against adding dimensional travel

Back