• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale stamina is stupid.

Sans has average stamina for fighting frisk and eventually tiring out. pretty reasonable.

Asgore does the SAME EXACT THING except he was being hit in the fight, and gets immense for it.

Papyrus has relatively high, but can tire quickly if he over exerts himself. except his fight is shorter than sans'.

why is sans' stamina so low compared to everyone else when everyone who does the same stamina feat as him gets high to immense? it doesn't make much sense.

I assume it's because he never gets injured once?

If I remember, all of the bosses in genocide never stop because they're exhausted. They stop when they die, twice for some. But Sans tires before he dies so him being lower kinda makes sense. Plus I can't really imagine Sans with Athletic Human Stamina. Imagine that

"Brother, look! Your VS Battle wiki profile claims that you have the stamina of an athletic human!".
"Would you look at that".

"Urgh! Impossible! I'm going to make a CRT to change it!".

I assume it's because he never gets injured once?

If I remember, all of the bosses in genocide never stop because they're exhausted. They stop when they die, twice for some. But Sans tires before he dies so him being lower kinda makes sense. Plus I can't really imagine Sans with Athletic Human Stamina. Imagine that

"Brother, look! Your VS Battle wiki profile claims that you have the stamina of an athletic human!".
"Would you look at that".

"Urgh! Impossible! I'm going to make a CRT to change it!".
Did that CRT ever get made?

I just explained. Everyone Frisk fights dies before getting exhausted except Sans who gets exhausted before he dies
(and papyrus, who does actually gets tired at the end of his fight)

its not just sans who tires in battle. Papyrus does aswell, and his fight is shorter than sans' while sans does tire mid fight, papyrus still only lasts a bit longer than him and sans still gets regular human. he should get atleast a small boost in stamina JUST BECAUSE he can comparably last as long as papyrus does until he gets tired in his fight.

Last edited:
its not just sans who tires in battle. Papyrus does aswell, and his fight is shorter than sans' while sans does tire mid fight, papyrus still only lasts a bit longer than him and sans still gets regular human. he should get atleast a small boost in stamina JUST BECAUSE he can comparably last as long as papyrus does until he gets tired in his fight.
Or we can nerf Papyrus' stamina. If you think about it, he is an incredibly inexperienced combatant no matter what he tries to make us think

Or we can nerf Papyrus' stamina. If you think about it, he is an incredibly inexperienced combatant no matter what he tries to make us think
he trains with undyne possibly daily, it'd be weird that he doesn't have comparable stamina to someone he trains with on a daily basis.

no, undyne has said papyrus is tough, which would imply they have fought before.
Wait it's been a while since I played Undertale. Does she say it in genocide or pacifist? Because if it's the latter, she's probably saying that to not hurt his feelings. Wasn't the whole point of the spaghetti cooking session is to explain what Undyne does during Paps' training?

Wait it's been a while since I played Undertale. Does she say it in genocide or pacifist? Because if it's the latter, she's probably saying that to not hurt his feelings. Wasn't the whole point of the spaghetti cooking session is to explain what Undyne does during Paps' training?
she says this in the pacifist, and says this after saying he couldn't get into the rg only because he's too nice, specifically not that he's weak.

also, from the sounds of it the cooking lessons started more recent, from how she words it;

she most likely began training him, figured out he's way too nice for the job, and began teaching him to cook, so she must have fought him.

Back