• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
But honestly, this thing about reproduction is a little derailing. Can somebody tell me whether or not being mostly composed of magic immediately grants inorganic physiology?

Sorry for being blunt, but none of what you said matters.

They have a body, and it's not made of organic matter. They are not intangible. That is all that matters. Being made out of pure energy is still grounds for inorganic physiology. Being made out of 60+ percent energy, with the rest of the matter being so seperate that it at most forms dust on it's own, still means that they lack proper organic tissues.

I have several other problems (monsters heal from eating beacuse magic food doesn't get digested, all ghosts that haven't fused with their puppets would not get Inorganic Physiology, magic doesn't defy in-verse physics, etc.) but that doesn't really matter. Point is, they are made out of energy with some dust sprinkled in, and Sans' case even points to them not really having blood at all. That is way more than enough for Inorganic Physiology.

Being able to digest and reproduce don't mean you are organic matter. I know verses where ghosts can do that. This is just taking cartoon logic way to seriously. There is a race of multi-shaped monsters whose soul is made out of rainbows and happyness, bodies are made out of magic and dust, and mind lives on in any item the dust falls on.

Not sure how someone who doesnt have any proper organic tissue can reproduce or be affected by disease and illness. Comparing two ghosts reproducing to monsters in this case is a major false equivilence. Ghosts are completely non corporeal and nowhere near function the same as anything physical. Monsters are physical beings, just under half the physical matter a human would have. Where did you get the idea the monsters heal because they dont digest it? Im pretty sure that was never stated.

There literally is no reason to assume monsters dont reproduce similarly to humans, especially animalistic ones if you go by your own logic and compare monsters to their real life counter parts, and given how they form relationships like humans and need two parents to do so. "made out of dust" is headcannon. They turn to dust simply because their bodies cant hold together after death due to their soul being destroyed which equates to magic and their body being destroyed too. It doesnt debunk the existence of tissue.

You dont have any evidence being composed of 60% magic immediately prevents the existence of tissue. Theres only one thing you need to ask yourself. Would you give a human inorganic physiology if all the water in their body were replaced with magic? If your answer is yes then give them the resistence. If not then there is no reason to treat monsters any different.

When are they affected by a disease..? And I am not talking about only ghosts. A literal ice cube doesn't have a dick, nor does a skeleton. You can't really argue against that.

Except the several monster that physically cannot have genitalia who should still be capable of reproduction. Again, skeletons, sentient fire, a cube of ice and the many other monsters having dicks is not something that is assumed because the bipedal goats may have it.

There is no 60% statement. It's a simile between humans and monsters, not a full on equivalence, it could be less or more. Regardless, if there was tissue, it wouldn't fall into dust, because it would stick together int more than some dust, unless you are saying that the magic is what makes the tissue, which means they are inorganic regardless.

If you remove all the water from a human they don't turn to dust dude. Monsters do. There is an obvious difference there. If a living being was little matter held together by energy, and the lack of that energy would reduce them to dust and ashes, then they would get Inorganic physiology.

Its not a literal ice cube or skeleton, ive already debunked this. Stop appealing to repitition. Again, tsunderplanes a proven non asexual. A fake ice cube or magical skeleton could easily have a dick plastered on or some form of reproductive organ to substitute.. They are made of magic and function completely different from their real life conterparts, only having some of the physical traits of them, thats it. Sorry for having to be this straight foward but there is nothing stopping sans from having a wang or some kind of bone/skeletal replecations of one. I mean, these monsters are even straight up treat as being male or female ffs.

Again, your logic of comparing monsters to their real life counterparts would also mean that animalistic monsters such as goats and dogs would have reproductive organs basing on their rl counterparts. It works both ways.

Anyway, my point isnt that all monsters have dicks. My point is that at least the majority should have some kind of organs and tissue despite being incredibly weak.

60% is a more logical assumption is the magic in monsters is compared to the water in humans. The magic due to being such a key role would likely just allow things like tissue to form allowing them to be affected by illnesses and likely eat food normally. You need to remember that magic is literally a physics defying force. Trying to apply physics and say they would just turn into a pile of organs really doesnt work here. Tissue would be present. It would just be tissue that is fragile enough to turn to dust without the foundation of magic.

To be honest im not really knowledgeble on how we treat most of our abilities anyway. I feel as though we should let a staff member have a final say on the inorganic physiology part from here. Maybe glassman. Or saikou since monsters reproducing is always his favorite topic.

Assuming that literal magic skeletons just have some hidden reproductive organ on them somewhere rather than assuming that they simply aren't organic in the traditional sense seems like a far bigger assumption to make. Also, one monster is literally a talking snowman that can't move.

Tsunderplane not being Asexual doesn't really prove anything. Robots falling in love depite not having a biological need for it is a common trope on fiction after all.

Still, you do have a point on animalistic monsters. Perhaps a good middle ground would be only applying the inorganic physiology to monsters that should logically have it, such as the ice cube or snowman.

@the write way Okay, you have a point and i might be pushing it quite a bit. I mean, i would be fine with that.

But could an organic and inorganic being even be a part of the same species?

Ah, how I want to throw back a wall of texts. Anyways, Occam's Razor really. There isn't a canon answer, so as far as we go it's either snowman, skeletons and icecubes have hidden dicks, or the monsters made out of magic can reproduce magically.

Stuff like "monster's bodies are made out of a very fragile tissue that falls into dust without magic" is also way more farfetched then "the organs are made out of magic, with some little body being in there".

Seriously, magic is the best explaination for all of this. How can a perfectly regular cube have children? It's made out of magic. How can a single race have such differences in their bodies? The body is made out of magic, it's shape doesn't matter.

Also, Tsunderplane never shows sexuality, at all. Having a crush on someone can be purely emotional, and Tsunderplane never tries to get in Frisk's pants. I'm also pretty sure that Tsunderplane literally acts that way towards everything, even monsters that appear in a group with it. The slime does wiggle sexily... not sure if that's the narrators observation or a fact, but I don't think the slime has ortodox reproductory organs either, so...

And again, where do they fall sick? I genuinly can't recall sickness being a problem for monsters.

Actually, I do remember a Sci-Fi short story where something like that happened. It's called "They're made of meat" where most alien species mentioned are non-organic, but some of them become organic during certain periods of their life cycle. It's rare, sure, but certainly not impossible in fiction.

Read this post said:
@the write way But could an organic and inorganic being even be a part of the same species?
It's a species where a flying attack helicopter could be a genuine gender. They aren't really bounds by logic as far as bodytypes go.

Asgore falls sick from eating flowers. Amalgamates were all seriously ill monsters.

I suppose you do make a good point there. After all, it is possible for an inorganic being like glad dummy to shatter the same way monsters do and are a type of the same species (not sure how i overlooked that)

Anyway, since both ways are kinda speculatory and there is no definitive cannon answer as to whether monsters do or dont have extremely fragile tissue/cells in general. Perhaps it might be best to go the wright way and give the monsters who represent inanimate objects inorganic physiology, but leave it as unknown for the rest.

That is not disease, that is food poisoning, and I did mentiont that. Amalgamates all "fell", which is kind of implied to be attempted suicide (which Alphys does in a neutral ending, and was planning to "fall" off by a waterfall herself), definitly to a disease.

Regardless, it doesn't matter too much which we give them, to be honest.

That is also possible. Though for asgore, im pretty sure food poisoning wouldnt work against an inorganic being either.

Inorganic physiology isnt a vastly important ability despite the walls of text we threw debating about monster dongers. But i feel its best to at least give every non living object based monster inorganic physiology.

For the rest of the op. Sans clairvo can stay for reasons above. Undyne should probs get transformation (though when she is in that whole protecting everyone from evil scenario).

Non physical i covered.

Not touching asriel and flowey just for the time being.

Dont worry, we dmed and spoke about horrible rule 34 related things that could probs banned for simply mentioning here... So nothing out of the ordinary rly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back