• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale Question

Why do we have different profiles for Asriel and Flowey? Aren't they literally the same entity in different forms? The Asriel we fight in game is just Flowey after gaining the equivalent of 7 human souls. It's been bugging me for a bit now.

Flowey is a recurring character who you meet at the start of the game. He’s genocidal, manipulative, and a sociopath. His motives? Get you killed and take over. He meets you at the end of the Neutral and Genocidal route.

Asriel is also Flowey, but... improved. He feels things now. His motives are now to keep you playing the game, continue the cycle, RESET everything. You meet him only at one route, the end of the Pacifist route, and he’s the result of absorbing every single monster in the game.

While the two are technically the same, the conditions for meeting them, their strengths and weaknesses, their motives and personality, and even their attack patterns are different. They may as well be different characters, and lumping them into the same profile would be, in my opinions, disrespectful to the differences between them.

I'm well aware of the context behind both characters. I was just a bit confused as to why, what is functionally the same person, got to different profiles.

I mean Asriel separates himself from Flowey as much as possible. The two are basically different characters, in terms of motivations, personality, looks, etc. Since Asriel basically treats himself and Flowey as two different people, might as well give them separate pages.

Back