• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale Player Downgrade - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, if you wanna talk seriously and debate for real... Then let it be.

Also, I'm sorry if my message was really uncomfortable for you.

But at first I will say that all my point of my message is to say that Player isn't in-lore entity we control or anything, no.

But, I do contribute something to this thread as you state that Player is only a in-lore someone.
Since all your post was actually asking me to back my mind, I will just simplify it. Sorry.
So, the thing why I say that "bro DELTARUNE stated this that" actually relies on a few thing. These are: Toby Fox's message, Gaster's Twitter 2018 message and 2021's one, abc123.ogg, demonabc and a lot of more.

Let's start from Gaster's Twitter as it's the one who's the most obvious.

Here's the one part of Gaster's 2018's message, and Toby indeed said that it's addressed to us since he twitted "Someone is waiting for you.".

In all this tweets, Gaster says that we are the one who are making the deal with him. And the deal is that we will create "NEW FUTURE", as it was confirmed by him which meaning that our point of existence in DELTARUNE is just to create a new, new scenarios and future we can.

Also, he stated that he will collect our choices, and Deltarune starts with it, with the question and the game itself was called "The SURVEY_PROGRAM", as everything which is in caps in code or not is undeniably related with the Voice/Gaster.

In Gaster's 2021 year message, he comes again and said that we done best with patience and stuff.

Then, we have abc123.ogg which is another Gaster message but inside Undertale's files, it states that it's all the game, and we shouldn't look through files and stuff, and the thing we can see there.

I can say it's Gaster because it has wngdng.ogg voice files inside with Smile soundtrack in the end.

Demonabc is another part, but it's more like another entity who we made deal with too, as they're our personal servant. It was also addressed to us.

Also I need say that Deltarune in 2015-2017 had special messages with the Gaster, saying a lot of special things.
Chara's thingy about Yes No
I forgot, when exactly? And who said that it wasn't by us or it's just a misinterpretation.

I guess, it will be enough for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very sorry on the issues you had. Outside inconveniences like that are not the fault of the person writing.
Also, I'm sorry if my message was really uncomfortable for you.
Thanks for being reasonable.
But, I do contribute something to this thread as you state that Player is only a in-lore someone.
I didn't state that. There really needs to be a big pause there; what do you define as "out of lore"? Because if stuff happens outside of Undertale, the game, then by the lore it would make sense to believe that it happens outside of its universe (Because Chara destroyed the world and moved on to the next). And the fact that in-game characters do things means characters are doing things "in-lore". I don't follow the meaning and value that you give to "in-lore" and "out of lore" things because logically everything worth calling canon is in-lore, every obscure detail is part of what builds up the lore. Unless it's non-canon.
So, the thing why I say that "bro DELTARUNE stated this that" actually relies on a few thing. These are: Toby Fox's message, Gaster's Twitter 2018 message and 2021's one, abc123.ogg, demonabc and a lot of more.
Again I don't believe the player is the same in both games, that already covers everything Deltarune wise. And again, all of this would be in-lore, which removes the idea that any of it is a contradiction.
Then, we have abc123.ogg which is another Gaster message but inside Undertale's files, it states that it's all the game, and we shouldn't look through files and stuff, and the thing we can see there.

I can say it's Gaster because it has wngdng.ogg voice files inside with Smile soundtrack in the end.

It can also be a thing the real player finds and has no reason to be something the anomaly finds, just because a story and canon in a game has the player as a character it doesn't mean that every aspect of the game outside its story is a canon thing the player character can experience just because the real player can find it, there can still be non-canon things like easter eggs and fun stuff.

It may support it the fact that he doesn't want it online and he wants it as a secret.
I forgot, when exactly? And who said that it wasn't by us or it's just a misinterpretation.
It's pretty impossible to believe that with like 3 minutes of reading text Chara has in the whole game you forgot when it talks to the anomaly in a way that they can reply back, with Chara replying differently depending on what the anomaly replied first. You come off as very confused here when I was clear on what I said. Idk what you mean by "who said that it wasn't by us"; 1) if it is us as in the anomaly, yes, and I didn't say it wasn't the anomaly. 2) if you imply it wasn't the anomaly but the real life player, then that's nonsense. You don't explain at all what you mean by "it's just a misinterpretation", things like make you come off as a contrarian for no reason, you cannot just say that as a reply to someone saying a fact, you need to state your reasons as to why it may be a misinterpretation & it has to be good a reason at it. It's like if Person A says something and Person B replies "Ok but what if it's wrong?" with nothing to back it up.

Thanks for being reasonable.
I hope you won't be rude yourself.
I didn't state that. There really needs to be a big pause there; what do you define as "out of lore"? Because if stuff happens outside of Undertale, the game, then by the lore it would make sense to believe that it happens outside of its universe (Because Chara destroyed the world and moved on to the next). And the fact that in-game characters do things means characters are doing things "in-lore". I don't follow the meaning and value that you give to "in-lore" and "out of lore" things because logically everything worth calling canon is in-lore, every obscure detail is part of what builds up the lore. Unless it's non-canon.
I confuse some people sometimes when I write a giant texts.
And by in-lore I meant...
Let's say you're A.
A played Undertale, and then it appears that A doesn't matter in first place and that there always were B who is here always and was actually the true player all along overthroning Player making them completely useless.

And Demonabc literally stated that they will be close to us all the game, meaning that they're close to "anomaly" or smth.

After all, we know that both of those worlds are Gaster's project.

But we don't know what deal we had with Gaster while playing Undertale.

We are aware that Gaster connected us to Deltarune for his values, but unknown about Undertale though, Gaster "hacked" the Undertale twitter.
Again I don't believe the player is the same in both games, that already covers everything Deltarune wise. And again, all of this would be in-lore, which removes the idea that any of it is a contradiction.
And I believe they're the same creature, because as we both know, UT/DR are VERY metafictional games which includes a lot of 4th wall breaking every time possible.
And why it would be in-lore though?
It can also be a thing the real player finds and has no reason to be something the anomaly finds, just because a story and canon in a game has the player as a character it doesn't mean that every aspect of the game outside its story is a canon thing the player character can experience just because the real player can find it, there can still be non-canon things like easter eggs and fun stuff.
It would actually matter if we were talking about "for cheaters.txt" file, but it was replaced by a character who is canon in no matter what condition since to find out his connection and existence, you have to go in-code and even go in Deltarune.com since all of that information is plot related and fully canon by default.

Anomaly in Deltarune is we ourselves, since the Soul there is just a way to connect both player and Deltarune world since it was stated by Gaster in website, Gaster in code, Gaster in game, Gaster in twitter and even... Ralsei..?

And we took Sweepstakes as canon, though its outside game information and we even take Q&A things.
It may support it the fact that he doesn't want it online and he wants it as a secret.
Yes, but no.
Firstly there was "for cheaters" who played that role, and then there's update of abc123.ogg becoming ABC123.a.ogg changing to simply Gaster's voice smile.
It's pretty impossible to believe that with like 3 minutes of reading text Chara has in the whole game you forgot when it talks to the anomaly in a way that they can reply back, with Chara replying differently depending on what the anomaly replied first. You come off as very confused here when I was clear on what I said. Idk what you mean by "who said that it wasn't by us"; 1) if it is us as in the anomaly, yes, and I didn't say it wasn't the anomaly. 2) if you imply it wasn't the anomaly but the real life player, then that's nonsense. You don't explain at all what you mean by "it's just a misinterpretation", things like make you come off as a contrarian for no reason, you cannot just say that as a reply to someone saying a fact, you need to state your reasons as to why it may be a misinterpretation & it has to be good a reason at it. It's like if Person A says something and Person B replies "Ok but what if it's wrong?" with nothing to back it up.
Because I didn't understood what do you mean by Chara's dialogue. Like, what exactly? Which line? Which time?

After genocide, in void or after killing Flowery?

Give me more context because I can't actually work with it unfortunately.

What has been accepted here can probably be applied then.

I have done so. Tell me here when you are done.

Okay. Thank you to everybody who helped out here. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back