• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Legendary feat of Frisk dodging cloud-to-ground lightning, which is accepted only as electricity dodging on this website.

However I noticed Vulkin himself saying “Thunder!” right before doing his lightning attacks. These two articles explain that thunder cannot actually occur without a real lightning.

So ultimately I propose this re-calculation to be used for Vulkin, Frisk and those who scale above them in terms of speed.

As supportive, in Undertale the attacks do act like real ones (see StrymULTRA’s explanation under that blog in comments). And, obviously, this lightning is from the cloud. These two would not be sufficient by themselves, but they should work as supportive to main argument.

Also, the fact that Frisk does not scale to 8-C at the moment of fighting Vulkin does not really disqualify the feat, since, as noted on Lightning feats page itself, average humans can survive the lightning strike, and there are many instances of such thing in the real world.

I see both sides to this so I’m probably just gonna remain neutral, but this would massively buff Tsundereplane’s KE right? Pretty sure it’ll take it to the tier 7 range, which seems like a massive outlier (then again the characters being MHS+ is maybe an outlier too lol).

Last edited:
I see both sides to this so I’m probably just gonna remain neutral, but this would massively buff Tsundereplane’s KE right? Pretty sure it’ll take it to the tier 7 range, which seems like a massive outlier (then again the characters being MHS+ is maybe an outlier too lol).
To be fair Frisk’s determination varies to the point they get to Immeasurable speeds in True Pacifist, so I wouldn’t really call it an outlier.
I don’t really care about scaling anyone to Tier 7-8, as I said one can survive lightning without being remotely at that level, there are many instances of people in real life surviving lightning strikes.

To be fair Frisk’s determination varies to the point they get to Immeasurable speeds in True Pacifist, so I wouldn’t really call it an outlier.
Idk if I really would either considering how they still have a lot of impressive feats outside of it, but idk if the site standards agree.

I don’t really care about scaling anyone to Tier 7-8, as I said one can survive lightning without being remotely at that level, there are many instances of people in real life surviving lightning strikes.
I wasn’t talking about the lightning strikes, I was talking about the kinetic energy from Tsundereplane flying faster than Vulkin’s electricity (which I think I’ve misremembered as an accepted feat lol, must of been thinking of something else). If the electricity became lightning then that number would be much higher, but since we don’t actually seem to accept that then I guess we can just forget about it. Whoops

Also, the fact that Frisk does not scale to 8-C at the moment of fighting Vulkin does not really disqualify the feat, since, as noted on Lightning feats page itself, average humans can survive the lightning strike, and there are many instances of such thing in the real world.
Vulkin themself are required to have 8-C AP for it to qualify tho

Plus,
Electricity is formed when ice and water particles move rapidly inside clouds.

Vulkin's cloud is too small to have many ice and water particles, and it doesn't have much space for the particles to move and build up energy.
The average lightning is 4 kilometers long, 2.5 centimeters in width. This gives us a volume of 1963495.40 cm^3.

Vulkin's lightning is 66.45 centimeters long, 10.13 centimeters in width. This gives us a volume of 5355.54 cm^3.

The average lightning is 366 bigger than Vulkin's lightning.

Vulkin themself are required to have 8-C AP for it to qualify tho
True, but I don't think we can really ignore other important things. Like, thunder statement is pretty much a give-away.
Plus,
Electricity is formed when ice and water particles move rapidly inside clouds.

Vulkin's cloud is too small to have many ice and water particles, and it doesn't have much space for the particles to move and build up energy.
Lightning is caused by the buildup and discharge of electrical energy within a cloud or between a cloud and the ground.
The average lightning is 4 kilometers long, 2.5 centimeters in width. This gives us a volume of 1963495.40 cm^3.

Vulkin's lightning is 66.45 centimeters long, 10.13 centimeters in width. This gives us a volume of 5355.54 cm^3.

The average lightning is 366 bigger than Vulkin's lightning.
Why are you using the volume via kilometers length if the cloud is far lower in Vulkin's case. Like, in real life, if clouds hit the plane, the lightning strike would be smaller and its volume too. It's a bit nitpicky, don't you think?

Back