• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undergrowth Upgrade

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Ok so Undergrowth's forest feat has been updated and comes up to High 6-C.

Anyway, this thread is to discuss upgrading him. The only current issue is would this legitimately scale to his Attack Potency or be considered Environmental Destruction.

Well I think it should apply to his AP. He's not only creating the forest with his own power and spreading it that far. He's also controlling it and is physically connected to it along with his consciousness and will itself. Undergrowth is literally the forest itself. He's using this power to keep it alive, as shown when his core body was destroyed all his ghostly empowered plants died instantly.

This doesn't scale to anyone because they already scale to a higher feat, this is just finding a solid tier for Undergrowth. However if people disagree with using this feat for his standard AP, we can just scale him above Vortex given he has a higher bounty than him and I've already explained that the bounty numbers are based of strength and not hax.

Either way it's an upgrade.

I think that this seems to make sense.

This seems fine to me. Based off my memory of Undergrowth's episode I think he controlled the vines that covered Amitypark. If so this tied with the fact that he causes the plants t grow & sustains them it seems it should scale to AP and not just environmental damage.

This looks fine to me. I have heard the argument Undergrowth needed to control the humans to destroy the city first then have them plant the plants but that wasn't the feat the actual spreading of them was all him and iirc he has them in containment pods afterwards so he clearly didn't need them for his final plan

@Js250476 You are correct, he didn't need them to due anything but said.

"Why burden myself with the destruction of your city when I can have it's very inhabitants do it for me".

He's already shown to be capable of creating plant life on his own and it was all his doing considering trees don't grow in seconds yet Undergrowth made the one's the humans planted grow that quickly.

He just wanted them to destroy themselves because they destroyed his children and even then, they were moving to slow so he just put them in pods to feed his plants. Undergrowth's the one creating all the plant life, the only thing the humans did was plant a few acorns in Amity Park but that's it, he could have done that himself, especially since he's shown creating and spreading hordes of plant life very quickly.

You can ask a few other staff members to comment here if you wish.

The big question here is: does the power he used to grow the trees scale to his standard power? He didn't move them with physical force and I don't know if he has anything like "forest magic" or the like. I think it depends on the context and character, since I think the feat is fine to use.

@Assaltwafffle

Everything a ghost creates is literally apart of them, they create it from their own power. It's similar to Johnny 13, his shadow is a manifestation of his power and Vortex who is also using his very power to create the storm. He even states "I am the perfect storm" and said storm has his face in the clouds.

He doesn't have any "forest magic", he's literally using his own power and is the thing keeping the entire forest alive, it's basically himself.

Back