• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't think the Ten Tails can resist Soul Tare. It will rip it's soul from it's body and resurrect the body under the Durnehviir's control. Drain Vitality helps by weakening the Ten Tails, He can summon an undead army to fight the Shinju's lesser clones.

Simplistic answer, but being able to rip out souls is pretty op against someone without soul resistance so Durnehviir FRA

Wait. Would the Juubi even have a soul? I could have sworn it was just a husk of nature energy given form.

CryoTheMayo said:
Wait. Would the Juubi even have a soul? I could have sworn it was just a husk of nature energy given form.
I believe we don't assume things don't have a soul unless they are specifically stated to not have one or are actually robots.

Reason why I don't give TDG resistance to Soul Manipulation.

Well, I guess I can go along with that. It seems odd though as I could have sworn it was explicitly stated that the Juubi is just a husk of nature energy with no sentience or will of its own (which I'm pretty sure was stated to be why Madara and Obito could use its full power as soon as they sealed the Juubi) but whatever. I might be wrong seeing as I haven't read the manga in years.

I'll vote Durnehviir for now but if I see anybody posting information that supports the Juubi as soulless then I will probably shift my vote to it.

Tailed Beasts are spirits, and Magicka in TES can work at entrapping spirits like Wispmothers, Nereids or Earthbones. Meanwhile, Thu'um is way way above Magicka. Soul Tear, in essence, is to take away the spirit or soul embedded in a physical vessel even if there is no physical vessel still the shout means such spirit will fall under the control of Thu'um user.

One more thing is that soul trapping is equivalent of BFR to Oblivion or Soul Cairn in this case. Duhneviir with his strong connection to Soul Cairn, he can just use Soul Tear or tear a dimensional hole to banish Juubi into Soul Cairn. If that happens, Juubi is as good as food for the Ideal Masters.

Type 8 only works in the Soul Carim and we cannot have the fight there because that place passively rips our souls.

Then the juubi one shots with anything. And since the dragon needs to hit the juubi to take his soul, I think the juubi wins via far higher AP.

Also I would continue to talk about this thread but it's 10pm we're I live and it's finally spring break so I'm tired. I'll be back in the morning.

Durnehviir doesn't hit you with his fist to destroy you soul, it's a shout. And he flies around while shouting at you.

Back