• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ultraman Tiga Episode 42 : Galaxy on Virtual World

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not familiar with the verse, but one, DarkAnine does have a very good sense of judgement, so I do trust his instinct. And also, we need to be more careful before trying to pass feats as "Outliers;" I agree with AssaltWaffle that we're currently too strict regarding "outliers." Having only one feat on the level doesn't automatically make it an outlier; there needs to be more elaborate context behind it. If the feat is pretty concrete, with every feat lower than that being casual, then it's not really an outlier.

A general example of an outlier is that a "towering feat" required some massive degrees of outside help they don't normally have access to and/or PIS in order to perform. I'm leaning towards the feat being legit though.

From the perspective of the virtual world, yes, that would be a 3-B feat.

However from the perspective of the real world, that would just be advanced programming.

See: The Matrix.

I am concerned that Dargoo may be right, and that we would make a mistake if we accept this.

Yes and no.

Inside of the virtual reality the character would have 3-B statistics, however outside of the virual reality the feat is meaningless.

I have no knowledge on the verse whatsoever but from what I saw of the episode the person controlling the virtual reality seemed like a one-off villain that is pretty isolated with those feats.

We have profiles like that many times, like Neo while he's in the Matrix, Kirito while he's in SAO, Freddy Kreuger while he's in someone's dream, et cetera.

Depends how the virtual world works, as others have said. If the virtual world is purely, well, virtual, this would only warrant a 3-B key in the virtual world for whoever did it, no one else would scale to it.

If the virtual world is physical and can interact with IRL stuff and the likes, then it would apply to the character's normal statistics.

I'm wondering if we should do a page or smth to explain stuff with fiction/virtual world, such as with the Matrix or stuff like that.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I'm wondering if we should do a page or smth to explain stuff with fiction/virtual world, such as with the Matrix or stuff like that.
This may be a good idea.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
If the virtual world is physical and can interact with IRL stuff and the likes, then it would apply to the character's normal statistics.
I disagree there on the first bit.

Virtual worlds can be, especially in fiction, made to be inditinguishable from the real world. So having the "virtual world be physical" doesn't really prove much as virtual worlds can already be made to stimulate anything that can be considered physical.

If the stuff from the virtual world can enter the real world, I agree; although the extent of their abilities to enter stuff into the real world should be measured as opposed to their control over the virtual world. I.E., if they make a galaxy in the virtual world but all they can bring to the real world is a pen and paper, clearly they can't make galaxies in the real world.

I strongly agree on a page, though, as it is a common trope on this site to have Virtual/Dream keys and real life keys.

Yeah but I meant more like stuff like Digimon, where the Virtual World is basically just a parallel world that exists as much as the real world does. No idea if this applies here.

I mean, in that case it isn't really 'virtual' in the sense that it's part of a computer program if it's a universe on the same level as reality; but just seperate.

If Sword Art Online feats are counted I'm not sure why this can't be.

Ryukama said:
If Sword Art Online feats are counted I'm not sure why this can't be.
SAO feats are counted within the virtual reality of SAO.

Kirigaya Kazuto can't perform those feats outside of the game.

Yeah so the same should be done here

That's what I'm suggesting, although apparently the OP is asking if this translates to the characters outside of the Virtual Reality as there is some sort of interaction between the two.

I watched the episode and couldn't really make heads or tails of it.

Dargoo Faust said:
That's what I'm suggesting, although apparently the OP is asking if this translates to the characters outside of the Virtual Reality as there is some sort of interaction between the two.
I watched the episode and couldn't really make heads or tails of it.
Trying to be simple

If someone can make Galaxy on Virtual World did you guys still rate the feat as 3C ?

Okay, regarding the Virtual World-Real World interaction, I could think of a few instances of it. One is where the MOTW materialized a mountain and a plane in the real world which the characters could have actually collided with.

Then later, outside of the "gaming center" or Town, the building was shown to disintegrate while behind it was the battlefield. The aforementioned characters were clearly still in the outside world when they fired away at said MOTW, (possibly) indicating that the simulation had become part of "our" world at that point.

But the problem may arise by the end of the episode where the characters were talking about how it was all just a virtual space run by a computer, which somewhat makes the whole thing vague and a little unclear.

I agree with Dargoo and Ryukama that it seems too uncertain to scale this to statistics outside of the simulation.

Antvasima said:
I agree with Dargoo and Ryukama that it seems too uncertain to scale this to statistics outside of the simulation.
So what conclusion for this thread ? Did this feat accept as 3C or not ?

The feat is 3-C.

We're asking if the feat is only for her in the virtual world, or if it translates to the real world.

Dargoo Faust said:
The feat is 3-C.
We're asking if the feat is only for her in the virtual world, or if it translates to the real world.
That galaxy feat happened only in Virtual World .

On real world she can only materalized a mountain and plane .

So, in the virtual world she would be 3-C.

In the real world she'd be baseline 7-A.

Seems pretty simple to me.

Okay. Then I think that we shouldn't scale her regular statistics from this.

Well, more like High 4-C to 4-A or something, but the latter's for another day.

But yeah, no matter how I look at it, I myself can't pull anything out of my rear on how I can defend the proposal in favor of the verse.

Mr.Cutlery said:
Well, more like High 4-C to 4-A or something, but the latter's for another day.
But yeah, no matter how I look at it, I myself can't pull anything out of my rear on how I can defend the proposal in favor of the verse.
Why High 4C to 4A ? I though this feat 3C because that was Galaxy .

Can ask you something ?

Since Tiga defeat her how you will going to rate him ? How big his DC with many stuff from odyseey movie ? 3C or High 4C - 4A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back