• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ultra Series - Cosmology Question

Just a simple series of questions.

wxx8MND.png

OwzOrdc.png

VUq8Bi9.png

0XiG3OM.png

Subs are intentional as I'd also need to correct them a bit.

Original line as listened in by ear: "宇宙の外には、超空間が広がり。そこには別宇宙があわつぶのように無数においているという。多世界宇宙、マルチバースである。"
Translation (With slight correction from GT): "Outside the universe, the superspace/hyperspace expands. There one will find countless other universes like grains of rice. A universe with many worlds, the Multiverse."

If anyone else wants to translate the line, I'd appreciate it. (Around this part: )

Now to get on with the question, this would mean that the cosmology is as far as 2-B, right?

And given that there are lone bubbles residing within a superspace, would it be safe to assume each universe is a 4D or at least a Low 2-C construct?

To support this, despite Zero having physically exited into the superspace, he still needed to cross space-time as seen starting here:

Yes, it's represented by the somewhat psychedelic imagery towards the end of the universe.

The whole crossing space-time to get from one universe to another is also supported in future instalments, and the movie just after this one.

Here we see Zero enter the wormhole, before cutting to the land of light. When asked about it, Seven explicitly tells us that "He's crossed space-time".

Note that he said "時空/Jikuu" and not actually "宇宙/Uchuu".

Edit: Extra question. How do we treat superspaces in general here? Or at least in a similar context as this in that it's the extradimensional space where universes reside in.

Last edited:
I think that this seems to make sense, but could ask some other staff members for input help if you wish.

@Mr.Cutlery

"Outside the universe, there is an expanding hyperspace. There, one can find diverging universes like falling countless grains. It is a multi-world universe. A multiverse."

Something like this if I have to use the literal meanings of each particular word/sections. Seems to check out more or less with the subs, although it's a bit confusing to put it in a more comprehensive passage, but this looks to be about 2-B to me here either way.

@Mr.Cutlery

"Outside the universe, there is an expanding hyperspace. There, one can find diverging universes like falling countless grains. It is a multi-world universe. A multiverse."
Ah, sorry about that, but there was a mistake in the original text I wrote.

Anyway, good to hear confirmation on the cosmology scale. What about the whole superspace in fiction treatment? Has it even come up anywhere else?

The question was actually more in general to see if there's like a standard treatment of super/hyperspaces in fiction with this kind of context. Sorry about that, should have clarified.

We generally don't pay too much attention to such spaces in fiction, they generally just exist to be a place where Universes exist and don't give a Tier or Power besides how many Universes they contain.

Think what Everything12 said is right. Unless there's some kind of special property or trait that super/hyperspace has, in cases like this, it's just some space that allows however many universes to be contained or show how many it contains.

I see. Hm, I was also gonna ask if they can be used as a way to clarify the nature of a universe as in whether that makes them 4D continuums in that case. But I guess it doesn't really do that?

This is a Question and Answers thread, not a CRT. So their likely is no proposed changes as of the moment, just clarifications for later.

Yeah this was just for clarification, and everything's pretty much answered. But just in case, is it okay if I ask this thread to remain open for the time being?

Okay. My apologies for not keeping track properly.

So is there anything left to do here, or should I close this thread?

If possible, I'd like to keep this open for a bit longer. There'll be a databook on the series coming out soon and if there's nothing noteworthy, then this can be closed.

Sorry for the hassle this might bring up.

Back