• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ultimate Despair gets downgraded (maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuasiYuri

They/Them
VS Battles
Retired
So here's Junko durability justification:

"Took "The Ultimate Punishment" to kill, which involved feats such as being electrocuted with enough force to liquefy, being hit by speeding trucks while being burned alive, getting hit by countless baseballs at machine-gun fire rate, pounded by a bulldozer, sent into space and forcefully brought down all before dying under a crusher, any of which should have been more than enough to kill all members of the Danganronpa 1 cast, including Toko Fukawa)"

Now here's the problem with it: "any of which should have been more than enough to kill all members of the Danganronpa 1 cast"

At first glance it seems like something pretty logic: punishments are made to kill the blackened, and there's a possibility of Sakura or Toko ending up as the blackened.

Except that like Monokuma said everytime, they are all veeeery special punishments.

Punishments are made in accordance to who the blackened is (with the exception of Makoto/Kyoko's which was just to get rid of them and is the one she truly died from anyway), there's no reason for them to be made with the idea of killing someone else than the person who's supposed to take it

As such, Junko should only scale to DR1's blackened and not to anyone else, putting her durability at something between Small Building level (because of being above normal dudes) and Building level+ (Mondo's durability. Although I don't remember the manga being canon and the justification sure doesn't look like anything on this level).

Anyway, I also think that this seems to make sense.

After thinking a little more Mondo's stats should be changed too:

-Durability feat is from a non canon manga and even Chihiro tanked it

-He's not comparable to Sakura in any kind of way, his talent is more just him being a bike leader like how Kuzuryu is a mafia boss but not a superhuman beast like Mukuro or Sakura.
He doesn't have a reason to scale to Leon's ultimate talent either.

Best would be that he scales to Makoto for being able to one shot him, since it's the strongest feat he has.

Not really? Like she constantly try tio kill her and fail prior to DR1.

Sorry, I'm late. I'm still a bit not used to the forum, so it'll get better with time.

It's a simple and digestible durability downgrade. The durability change makes sense, I agree to this. (A jump of durability from Small Building to Large Building from that statement, I think the statement alone can't guarantee it to stay from Large Building).

The 9-A durability sounds like the safer one of the two.

If this change gets accepted, and someone has a problem with it, they should make a counter revision.

Last edited:
I think that this should be fine to apply then.

Okay. Is somebody willing to apply this first?

Thank you. I will close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back