• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Nope, I will vote for them if paradox give us new feats to upgrade stellaris Tier in the next update. But until then Tyranids have my vote.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
"Great entity" in this context is referring to the race as a whole (all the Hive Fleets before they start splitting in their attack and then dividing even further into tendrils), since they all (with very few exceptions) share one consciousness, and every Tyranid itself is considered just one part of the greater organism.
Azzy should the Tyranids have Resistance to mind shenanigans as they can resist the chaos gods influence?

Not Jim Sterling said:
Azzy should the Tyranids have Resistance to mind shenanigans as they can resist the chaos gods influence?
Tyranids should definitely have resistance if not flat out immunity to Mind Manipulation. Probably Soul Manipulation, too.

The reason for this is that they all have one collective mind and "soul", which is completely unfathomable to most sentient beings. Only a single person (Tigurius) has ever made some sort of link with it and lived, and he was changed by it. To manipulate the collective mind and soul of the Tyranids, one would need to be able to affect the Hive Mind itself, which likely exists on a similar level to stronger Warp entities.

@Matt

Tyranids can melt steel beams.

@NJS

In order to actually use the full extent of one's mind hax, yes. However, if one is able to kill all local synapse creatures, it cuts non-synapse 'nids off from the hive mind and they become mindless, devolving to only the most basic animalistic instincts.

@NJS

Not local Hive Mind. There is only one Hive Mind. Synapse creatures provide a link to the Hive Mind to lesser Tyranids.

@Matt

ALL the Tyranids?

I have literally no idea, since we don't know the exact scale of that.

A combination of all Tyranids we've seen thus far? If we're not counting the Emperor and the 'nids were focused solely on the Imperium, then quite possibly. Depends on how long the war draws out. With the Emperor? No. Not even considering his raw power, his tactical skill and leadership would likely lead the Imperium through seemingly impossible trials. Things didn't go **** up until he retired from the crusade, after all.

I have the impression that the Emperor at his prime could just open a Multi-Star System sized Warp Portal at the very center of the Tyranid forces and be done with it.

Quite possibly. He did defeat a very large C'tan shard, and many of the Emperor's problems during the Great Crusade and Horus Heresy came from holding back due to not wanting people to see him as a divine figure or discover too much about the Warp.

The Emperor: "Guys, I'm totally not a deity! Don't worship me nor treat me as anything but a man!"

> Is an 11 feet tall person at the peak of physical perfection

> Has a golden halo around his head and emits a shining aura all the time.

> Uses his Aura and Mind Powers to make people see him as their only lord and savior and fall to their knees in devotion

> Wears an ornate Golden Armor more overdesigned and grandiose than anything else

> Orders the construction of a Continent-Sized palace to his own vanity

> Creates 20 Demigod sons to aid him in battle, one of them being a literal Angel

> Blows up Planets and Stars every Thursday like its no one's business.

The Emperor is a ******* moron.

Back on topic, aren't the Phretoryn MFTL on their profile? They could actually win this one

In travel speed, yeah. But so are the Tyranids (Hive Fleets contain living psyker ships that solely exist to Warp reality and allow the 'nids to travel ridiculously beyond the speed of light without using the Warp or Necron bullshit tech). I don't believe they actually have any MFTL+ combat feats.

Though not sure how much of an advantage interstellar speed would provide when grouped close together, the Tyranid mega-organism is hundreds of light years in length, and a single of its Hive Fleets stretched out covered a front spanning thousands of light years.

If they are MFTL+ only in travel speed I vote for the Tyranids because they have likely the number advantage and are more versatile

Its a close call, but I think Nids get this one, for all the reasons stated above, although if local conditions in the matchup favor Prethoryn, they may get a draw, or even win with a lot of luck.

Scourge by far they can beat Mega Engineering empires, the fluff text saying (Mega Engineering Empires) they can create ring worlds one billion km in diameter anywhere from six to ten years.

This feat by far surpasses that of what the current Imperium can do, but generally the Scourge can roll over that industry they are after all extra galactic.

Not to mention the Scourge are by far faster so they can out maneuvar the Tyranids in every battle and win every one with superior numbers.

The size of tyranid fleets. It ups to you how to calculate and interpret it, but anyway it is awesome.

Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 (4K) Tyranid Cinematic Ending
Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 (4K) Tyranid Cinematic Ending

Yes the tyranids fleets are large but they're also slow (Slower than 40k Warp speed and in solar systems they take years to decades to reach a planet), the novelization of Stellaris has 25k lightyears traveled in the blink of an eye for low tier Human hyper drives. (Their propulsion systems also travel at 99% the speed of light which means the Scourge can cross an entire solar system anywhere from 4 to 9 hours which is still faster than the Tyranids by several magnitudes)

The Scourge is comparable which means they can travel a quarter of the galaxy in one jump, they will be able to spread and boost their numbers much faster than the Tyranids could on virture of being a thousand times faster at the very least.

Edit: Also the numbers for the scourge are pretty wonky, their fleet spawning speed varies upon version and updates but their highest speed is 200 to 300 ships a month from one planet.

There's potentially 40 billion habitable planets in the galaxy, if the Scourge get just one billion planets you're looking at 200 to 300 billion ships a month. (Assuming cap is just game mechanics)

Back