• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Type 9 Immortality

It's mostly attained through having Avatars and then having a True Form that exists beyond those Avatars, a few examples;
Its power and strength that we see now might only be a small fraction of its full power. The true form of the Evil God 'Calamity' remains lingering in the Chaos vortex between the multiverses. It is not just the small swirling energy in one world that you see right before your eyes..
Gao Chuan suddenly interrupted Yuan Peng's explanation and looked at the cultivator, "As you can see, I'm just an avatar. My main body is still in seclusion in the grotto-heaven."
"They are creatures of the Eternities. What you saw ravaging that plane was a projection, a shadow of living Æther cast onto three-dimensional space."

The idea is that you can destroy the Avatars/Projections, etc as much as you want, but the True Forms can just recreate them at a moment's notice, giving those Avatars a form of Immortality. Even if you use something like Existence Erasure or Death Manipulation, you aren't really killing the entity, you are just killing an unimportant fraction of them.

It's mostly attained through having Avatars and then having a True Form that exists beyond those Avatars, a few examples;

The idea is that you can destroy the Avatars/Projections, etc as much as you want, but the True Forms can just recreate them at a moment's notice, giving those Avatars a form of Immortality. Even if you use something like Existence Erasure or Death Manipulation, you aren't really killing the entity, you are just killing an unimportant fraction of them.
I see, it seems that Tori-Bot fits with this, since Arale destroys his avatars and he creates more, throughout the series there are more than 7 avatars

I also found the profile of Alien X immortality type 9 interesting without even having an avatar or something similar

Anyway, thank you very much for answering my questions

They don't require pre-universal age or 5D to have Type 9, no. For example, Femto from Berserk has Type 9 due to existing naturally in the Astral Plane whilst having an avatar in the material. As far as we know so far, the Astral Plane is a separate though interlinked universe, not some 5D plane or a place that's older than time. Existing in any sort of separate plane, be it a universe, pocket reality, or a higher or lower dimension, is sufficient to qualify

They don't require pre-universal age or 5D to have Type 9, no. For example, Femto from Berserk has Type 9 due to existing naturally in the Astral Plane whilst having an avatar in the material. As far as we know so far, the Astral Plane is a separate though interlinked universe, not some 5D plane or a place that's older than time. Existing in any sort of separate plane, be it a universe, pocket reality, or a higher or lower dimension, is sufficient to qualify
This makes sense to me, although i will never forgive Griffith for such actions he did to Guts

Nope. Basically its just "the entity controlling this resides in another plane, abd can make new ones on the spot". Like, someone could just be chilling in their pocket reality while theor body/avatar goes around, and it qualifies for Immortality type 9

Come to think of it, what I wanna know is if someone in the past projecting avatars into the future counts as Type 9. Would being temporally disconnected from and conventionally unreachable by your opponent with anything aside from Time Travel/Immeasurable speed be enough disconnect to qualify for Type 9?

Back