• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Type 10 Immortality removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuasiYuri

They/Them
VS Battles
Retired
Can also be called "how to nuke an immortality nobody cares about".
To resume, I had an argument about Type 10 Immortality being removed or not, and ended up making this argument:

<<We already agree that having regeneration because of being 1-A is something which never was portrayed as a thing, and it would have no reason to be the best regeneration; which lead to its deletion.

In the same way, being 1-A never was actually treated in fiction as giving a different kind of immortality from the 9 others, and it doesn't make much sense either.

If we take the description "Entities that are not alive or dead in a conventional sense" is just your basic type 5 (and I don't recall any 1-A having type 5 with for reasonning "became 1-A") and "standing outside the ordinary laws of reality, temporality, and dimensionality of any number" is just transcendance, which has nothing to do with immortality.

The "how to kill them" part also shows how it isn't even immortality by basically saying "you need to be stronk to destroy them".

Basically in term of type 10, it's better to have no type 10>>

I don't think there's much reasons to keep it, but Ultima already agree with it.

What's your opinion about it?

This seems fine to me, but it would be quite a lot of work to find and remove all instances of this ability from character profile pages.

I'm fine as well, but wasn't there going to be a thread proposing the return of "Perfect Immortality" or something. I agree that being 1-A or above would not automatically qualify for that special type of Immortality. But I'd also like to hear more thoughts from those better informed on the Outerversal stuff.

I'm fine as well, but wasn't there going to be a thread proposing the return of "Perfect Immortality" or something. I agree that being 1-A or above would not automatically qualify for that special type of Immortality. But I'd also like to hear more thoughts from those better informed on the Outerversal stuff.
Well, even if that was the case, for now we can move on with the current stuff in here.

Anyways, I agree with this change, but it seems just a bit more agreement over this could be used to avoid objections.

So is any administrator or content moderator willing to apply this revision?

I can do it pretty fast if the pages are unlocked

Featherine Augustus Aurora
Yog-Sothoth
Akuto Sai
The Creator (Umineko no Naku Koro Ni)
Hajun
Lucifer Morningstar (DC Comics)
Reinhard Heydrich (Shinza Banshou)
Anu
The Emperor of Mankind
Pennywise (Canon)
The Thought Robot
Nyarlathotep (Cthulhu Mythos)
The Presence
Ren Fuji
The Law of Identity
The Spectre
Oblivion
The Ultimate Gods
Alovenas
Mercurius
Death of the Endless
The One Below All
The Leviathan (The Unwritten)
Perpetua
Michael Demiurgos
Khorne
Shub-Niggurath
Meng Hao (Post Immortal Ascension)
Mandrakk the Dark Monitor
Randolph Carter
Marie
Slaanesh
Luminous Being
The Source
Aka
Enlil (The Unwritten)
Tenma Yato
Yakou Madara
Vivec
Padomay
The One Giver
Wolfgang Schreiber
Father Llymic
Habaki Sakagami
Mithra (Shinza Banshou)
The Choushin
Tzeentch
Maturin
Cxaxukluth
Elaine Belloc
Pralaya (DC Comics)
The Extra-universal Gods
Muzan (Shinza Banshou)
Hypnos (Chtulhu Mythos)
Nodens
The World Forger
Nerose Satanel
Seventh Heaven
Beatrice Kirscheisen
Machina
Ubbo-Sathla
Abhoth
Destiny of the Endless
The Nerevarine
Eleonore von Wittenburg
Wilhelm Ehrenburg
Utu (The Unwritten)
Nurgle
The Goddess of the Manifold
BOB (Twin Peaks)
Gabriel Hornblower
Dirk Strider
Ynnead
The Monitors (DC Comics)
Hiroshi Miwa
Mage (World of Darkness)
Cetacean Hierarchy
Rusalka Schwagerin
God (Seekers into the Mystery)
Aoi Hinata
JUDY
Rindou Koga
Yhoundeh
Soujirou Mibu
Calliope
Father Time (Vertigo)
Kei Sakurai
Shiori Kujou
Amane Yayoi
HE
Lilith (World of Darkness)
Tenma Sukuna
Ryuusui Mikado
Mother Night (Vertigo)
Valerian Trifa
Ishtar (I/O)
Keishirou Kyougetsu
Tenma Ootake
MSPA Reader
Ea (I/O)
Tubal Cain
Tenma Akuro
Zenithar
Tenma Morei
Tenma Numahime
Ayase Mika
Riza Brenner
Tenma Momiji
Ashur
Sassy the Sasquatch
Rox Ogama
Ryuumei Mikado
The Basanos
Izawa Nami
Julianos
Niko and Teirei
Senorita Dido
Rose Tyler
Arkay
Stendarr
Inanna
Shinozuka Masami

May have missed some Shinza, Twin Peaks or SCP ones, but for now they're all the 1-As pages with type 10 I found.

I will not unlock most tier 1 pages in the wiki, but I will give you temporary content moderator rights instead. Tell me here when you are done.

Immotality page wasn't updated . Can't do it for now, so if anyone want to delete it themself, go ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back