• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two Soldiers from War Torn Fields Face Up

EliminatorVenom

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Similar, yet different.

Two men who had fought in foreign lands, who had seen more death and suffering than any one ought to. Two men who had spilled blood and shared comradeship with who would be otherwise strangers in strange lands. Men who had looked into the eyes of those that died.

Yet, they couldn't be any less different. One of them became a monster. He laughed at the face of the suffering of others, he instigated others for conflict and pillaged all that were defeated. The other had given up on war because of men like him, because of the suffering they brought to all involved. He came wiser from war, not as a blood-crazed fiend.

A strange sense of familiarity, yet of hatred, prevailed as the two of them faced up, eyes glinting with reflexed drilled by countless hours of practice and minutes that seemed like eternity on the battlefield, hands gripped gun handles that deformed with the continuous use, perfectly accomodating fingers that hugged the grip like an old friend, a body prepared to roll to cover and dodge. This would be a war.

Niko Bellic

V.S.

Otto Kraus

This battle shall take place on temperate forest field, with sandbags, rubble and trees around the terrain, with a generally open area but with plenty of options for both cover and covert movement. They start 50 meters apart with clear view of each other, but close enough to cover to immediately jump into it.

RULES:
1. Niko is armed with a handgun and a knife, Otto has his revolver, bullwhip and knife.

2. In-character, but they are motivated to kill each other.

3. They lack knowledge about each other.

4. SBA otherwise.

Also, as a bonus, I'd like for you guys to comment how would a melee fight between them progress, bare-handed if possible. It may not be relevant to the fight itself under SBA but it would be interesting to read your thoughts, at least.

I think Otto can win this one due to his disarming attack. Does he have feats of doing it with his revolver or is it strictly a whip thing?
I think it's a whip thing. I wouldn't doubt that he can pull it off with his hands either or that he couldn't shoot someone's gun out of their hand, as it's a western trope that's quite common in Zagor comics, but I wouldn't bet on it.

If Niko is armed with a Handgun, assuming it's his Glock, or his desert eagle, either way he'll have a rate of fire advantage and reload speed advantage over Otto's revolvers. In a knife fight, They're both subsonic+, but Niko seems to be faster as he's capable of dodging rpg missiles. Otto's class 1 would be dangerous for Niko if caught, but with what seems to me like superior speed, it would be tough for Otto to catch him. For now, I vote Niko.

Back