• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two SMT Things

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So, I'm up earlier than I thought....And this along with something else has been on my mind all yesterday. Let's start.

Almighty Attacks
So, this is something I've thought about for a year. Yes, an entire year. And, tbh, I've been not wanting to address it. Why do we say "Bypass all Defenses" for Almighty attacks? Almighty attacks have not bypassed "conventional" durability to my knowledge. However, what they do bypass is "Magical Defenses". What do I mean? I mean in the sense that it bypasses defenses that repel and absorb attacks. It also means those who have those special properties will have that added effect nulled.

So basically what I'm saying is that Almighty bypasses Magical Defenses.

Acausality
To put it bluntly, these guys should be Acausal.

To quote Matt:

"Demons are outside linear time and they are simultaneously created by human minds but always existed"

I believe this is enough for Acausality for all Demons.

For some reason, no. Not even YHVH...which makes no sense whatsoever imo.

wait wait they weren't??? Holy hell O_O also almighty i'm not too sure

That means he will eat pizza in room at this point GDI he needs to share -_-

I think that the change to "can bypass magical defences" seems fine.

However, existing outside of linear time is not enough to qualify to possessing high resistance to cause and effect, as far as I have understood the ability.

I should have added this as well, but Matt did say that they are beyond linear cause and effect as well.

Something that always existed depite being created at a certain point in time is a blatant violation of cause and effect

@Kaltias

Okay. I will ask DarkLK and A6colute in order to make sure though.

Ultima Reality said:
I mean, isn't Time just a linear progression of cause and effect? Is so, existing outside of Time obviously means you are Acausal
Without time, there can be no effect for causation, likewise the other way around. So yeah, transcending time is pretty obviously acausality.

People who transcend linear time are Acausal.

And Almighty Attacks don't just bypass magical defenses, it bypasses defenses to regular attacks such as Blunt Attacks, Cutting Attacks, Piercing Attacks, etc.

And every Tier 2 in SMT who isn't a human should be Acausal. Transcendence over linear time and the laws of physics.

Technically even Tier 8 demons should be Acausal since they follow the same principle, but I understand not wanting to add that.

Well, that means it bypasses those who have a resistance to those attacks. For example, if YHVH used an Almighty attack against Cyberdramo, well aside from automatically one-shotting him infinite times over, it would bypass Cyberdramon's resistance to Physical Strikes. Not durability overall. So

"Bypasses Magical defenses and Resistances" should work.

That sounds good.

I just got home from a 12 hour bus trip so no way in hell I'm editing all those profiles. Can you do it for me, Dragon?

In SMT IV, it is stated multiple times that all gods and demons are a product to human Observation, but simultaneously YHVH is repeatedly stated to have created the universe, despite having been created by humans, and the other gods created by humans also existed before the universe was created.

That's just one blatant example.

Another is Rangda's statement in Strange Journey:

"Barong and I have been enemies for a long, long time. How long, you ask? Hmm... Why don't you take a guess? Ten years? A hundred years? Maybe a thousand? From a human perspective, you might even think ten thousand years was an awfully long time. But not so for Barong and I... He is my archnemesis forever. From the beginning of creation to the end of time... It can't be expressed in mere numbers."
- Rangda

Or Lucifer's statement in SMT II:

"Heh... Looks like I've been killed again. I had originally thought that we were superior to you, I am starting to realize that may have been a mistaken assumption on my part. We and you are just...different, that's all. The more I think about it, the more that seems to be the case... It was definitely that way before, but you're the main players in this world. The world may be ours but you are the ones at its core. Are we nothing but supporting characters? Hmm....
Everything has a back and a front. This is true for all matters. You may have thought that you killed YHVH, but on a larger scale, that is just for an instant, a mere blink of an eye. Don't get me wrong, you definitely did kill him, but one could also say that it's impossible to kill him as well. This is the flow of time, the front and the back.
Using YHVH as an example, existences like my own...in a way I always exist, and YHVH also exists everywhere. The end result for this time around...well, let's just say I remain inside you. It feels kind of good here. I think I'll stay here, just for a little bit. Oh, don't worry, I won't be here forever. It'll be just an instant, a mere blink of an eye.
Soon the next main player will appear. And so will I...And also..."

Or this blatant statement from the three wise men:

https://lparchive.org/Shin-Megami-Tensei-Strange-Journey-(by-Dragonatrix)/Update 42/111-103.png

Or this statement that Gods are unbound by the Laws of Physics (And also have infinite energy):

https://youtu.be/V27awFqH14k?t=1267

Or the Expanse, the homeworld of the demons, transcending past, present and future:

https://imgur.com/a/LfS1w

Essentially, in SMT, powerful Gods and Demons exist outside the flow of time, are unbound by the laws of physics, have infinite power from our perspective, and have always existed regardless of them having a starting point from our linear perspective.

Another thing that confirms this about Gods and Demons having always existed, in the end of SMT III: Nocturne, the Multiverse is destroyed in past, present and future, which should mean that the origin point of all gods and demons were erased from existence, yet the armies of YHVH and Lucifer are 100% unnafected by it and they start warring.

Proving that their initial origin point from our perspective is 100% meaningless.

Also, we must also make sure when we edit SMT pages, we should give the Demons their natural resistances and weaknesses as well.

Take it back Matt, me and you both know the collective history of mankind has lead up to multiversal acasual pizza.

If it's not true than what has this existence been for?

Off topic but if you eat an acasual pizza, does that mean the pizza was never truly eaten? Stuff to keep you awake at night...

Seems like acasual is all accounted for, which is good. Lord knows SMT needed more upgrades.

I personally think that SMT is much stronger than 1-C but I can't prove it yet. I'd have to play over the whole series. Still, it's like everytime I look at the series I find a new upgrade.

I remember first playing Strange Journey and discovering that the first Boss of the game who you fight at the end of the Tutorial Dungeon has a Low 2-C feat.

Back