• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two more of my favorite characters beat eachother to death

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is saying life has no inherent meaning depressed or a joke? I see nothing wrong with an existentialist viewpoint, in fact I'd say that's far more liberating than any sort of predestination. Philosophical discussion is one hell of a derailment though.

First you posted a comment that sounded like yourself playing as a "victim" card, your claims is W R O N G, unfortunately I never claimed it's/you're wrong at the first place before this and I never said the life has no meaning (I'm not billcipher) did you even read my comment properly? it seems that your post you're the who said "Our life is a blank slate tho" and not me, also I'm not going to deal with "innocent" act it's plain stupid.

Two this has literally has nothing to do with a literal philisophical existential viewpoint of human life it doesn't need to overcomplicate how'd the character would work.

Three it's disturbing people keep saying that "the player (insert verse here) is blank state, mindless, and no description of which things are really happening thus they can't fight and couldn't beat any single character but meh we assume they could fight here because of vsbattle rules/it's vsbattle canon but actually a non-canon in reality" tsk what kind of bs reason is that? what is logic behind that, nothing, it's just plain unnecessary disbelief.

I opposed to the idea of "blank state" to any character, unless it's just intended as decoration (e.g. customizing figure in the GUI), because it's nonsense and stupid, portraying them like that is understatement at the same time playing "innocent" card while stating them sounded like it's wrong. Overall it's more like denial, understatement, and backstabbing.

A blank slate is something free from any preimposed characteristics that is wholly what you make of it. I never said you said that, that's what I would interpret life as and I think life having no inherent meaning isn't even a bad thing. Also how am I at all playing the victim card in any way? I literally just said I'm an existentialist? There is nothing victimy about that at all? I'll be honest with you David, like half of your comment is incomprehensible, but I think you seem to have a very different definition of a blank slate than everybody else.

Also saying that someone either needs to not be serious or depressed to think like I do does imply that my line of thinking is percieved by you as wrong in some way.

Either way, Steve is clearly a blank slate protagonist, existing as a medium for the character to interact with the world as they wish. Steve is not his own character with his own motivations who's story the player merely follows, they are an extention of the player. There is literally nothing wrong with that, there is no need to get offended at someone saying that he is what he is. Are the protagonists of dark souls bad now for also being like this?

"... that is wholly what you make of it." no, not really, it's pretty much opposite to the Player (Minecraft) of what you implied.

"I literally just said I'm an existentialist?" sees the the comment "I see nothing wrong with an existentialist viewpoint" smh I never said your existentialist.

"There is nothing victimy about that at all?" sorry but the truth is your argument implies contradict to my claim which I disagree to argue, then you plays victimy, to you it's more like "sounded" victimy, I never said that you're the only one directly, it'd be somebody else.

"I'll be honest with you David, like half of your comment is incomprehensible" it seems you haven't or never dealt with grammar nazi, first of all this is internet so deal with it it isn't like it's the last thing you'd encounter so use your auto-translation in your brain, and tbh it's not like english is my first language at the first place (which is why people on the Youtube are being rude and arrogant which end up being harassment.).

"but I think you seem to have a very different definition of a blank slate than everybody else." Really? also same to you back to you are you telling me you said a literal "slate" or "state"? before I could answer your "Also saying that someone either needs to not be serious or depressed to think like I do does imply that my line of thinking is percieved by you as wrong in some way." argument if it's a literal "slate" then it's a misunderstanding AF which would make our arguments responsiveness would be nullified, I'd swear I thought it was "state" rather than "slate" why!? I've constantly seeing "rushing" comments/posts/replies in the internet with no end which is it'd eventually lead me to "translate" (or change) them to make more comprehensible though. But whatever that's that and that's everything of it is the end of it

>That is wholly what you make of it

Minecraft is a sandbox game. Idk how you don't see that this is the case with a sandbox game. Sure theres things to do and places to explore, but in the end the only meaning in the game is that in which you'll find yourself.

>Existentialism stuff

Honest question, is your first language something other than English? Because your response to this makes no sense. You respond to me saying that I said something by saying that you didn't say it. That's pretty obvious.

>There is nothing victim about it at all

I mostly have no idea what this comment is trying to say. Also you did directly say that, as there's not really a different way to interpret "First you posted a comment that sounded like yourself playing as a "victim" card".

>Incomprehensible comment

Ironically this is the one paragraph where I really can't make out the intent here, though I will say that saying you can't understand someone isn't harassment. I talk fast IRL and people tell me to slow down. I have not been harassed there.

>Blank slate stuff

You seem to think that being a blank slate is an inherently negative thing. Nobody else thinks this. All it entails is what I've described above. Ergo, you clearly have a different definition than the rest of us.

>Also saying that someone either needs to not be serious or depressed to think like I do does imply that my line of thinking is perceived by you as wrong in some way

Unfortunately, I have no idea what your response means. When I use online translators I find it easiest to do it word by word so meaning can kinda be preserved, google translate in particular's pretty bad about that.

yeah David if you want to talk to me about existentialism and blank slates you can do it on my wall at this point, we shouldn't continue this here.

@Wokista I'll skipped many of your response because I give up responding to it. Seriously from what I seeing here is we have miscommunication here because of this you sees me as hostile and I sees you hostile. Half of my comment doesn't even matched to your responses at same time your previous argument doesn't match to my previous responses. *face palm* "... I have not been harassed there." What!? It's not pointed at you, I'll say this clearly: from internet many people since english isn't their first english and people corrected them are being insulted from their point of view which is why people on the Youtube are being rude and arrogant which end up being harassment.... *re- read the your comment* wait you.... o_O wtf!? I really give up I really don't understand your comment anymore.

@WHYNAUT it's not even aggressive comment tho. At this rate people would sees my comment as aggressive and Wokistan would be a "victimy". *face palm*

If anyone who read my previous comment I really hope there's someone out there who could comprehend broken grammar who has experience of reading not-native-english-people at daily basis in the internet. There's only one thing I will say and you'd think "this two guys don't clearly understand each other".

Kirby facepalm by strunton-dalyyqu

I don't even see you as hostile I just have no idea what 70% of your stuff means. If you are to continue this, please take it to my wall. I only commented this because I don't want you to get the impression that I'm aggressing on you or something.

By the way, i will simplify my original argument, I just don't like the idea of the Player (Minecraft) is mindless and no lore state of the character in my opinion.

Saying "facepalm" and "deskpalm" really diminishes the quality of your agument. It makes you seem conceited, and as someone who acts like that without noticing a lot, it hurts the debate more than it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back