• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two different calcs for Boros' ship

I also got similar results to the anime using the first panel in which the spaceship appears, so I don't see how the ship in the manga is bigger than in the anime when there are no statements of its size and all we have are scaling calcs.
Giant_Spaceship_Size.jpg

@Zamasu_Chan You need to fix your calc by not subtracting 23% of the ship's mass, because even if Saitama has destroyed 23% of the ship's interior, the mass is still there (Not to mention it only says 23% of the ship was "damaged").
Where did the value of 100 meters come from?

Especially seeing as this story takes place far off into the future, the "minimum size of a skyscraper" would most likely be drastically different.

Especially seeing as this story takes place far off into the future, the "minimum size of a skyscraper" would most likely be drastically different.
You seem to be trying to justify the increase in performance. We have already seen the architecture of houses in OPM and there are no ultra-high buildings, except for the HA base. What's more, it's not cyberpunk or advanced sci-fi. All the technologies of the future here are based on weapons and armor. This has never appeared in the everyday life of ordinary citizens.

Therefore, to give a random, smallest building in the background the size of a skyscraper is already an assumption.

You seem to be trying to justify the increase in performance. We have already seen the architecture of houses in OPM and there are no ultra-high buildings, except for the HA base. What's more, it's not cyberpunk or advanced sci-fi. All the technologies of the future here are based on weapons and armor. This has never appeared in the everyday life of ordinary citizens.

Therefore, to give a random, smallest building in the background the size of a skyscraper is already an assumption.
I'm simply saying that I think choosing some arbitrary building and giving it a random height is not very effective to get a real size
We can't use this bullet for scaling, we are practically looking at the front of the bullet in that panel, the angle is skewed.

And the panel which Timmy used to find the size of those orbs is bad as well, as we are seeing the bullets from behind and not their sides.
Yeah, but that's noted in the calc, and it actually causes a lowball according to the calc.

Emporis defines a skyscraper as a building taller than 100 meters. On this wiki, the use of 100 meters is considered the standard.

Emporis defines a skyscraper as a building taller than 100 meters. On this wiki, the use of 100 meters is considered the standard.
It seems that there's a double standard on that since both seem to be accepted in different sites. I guess we'll leave it be. But I've a question, who says it's close in height to a skyscraper specifically?

It seems that there's a double standard on that since both seem to be accepted in different sites. I guess we'll leave it be. But I've a question, who says it's close in height to a skyscraper specifically?
In fact, even using a value of 150 or 200 meters will not improve the result much. This will already be High 6-A, but this is only the most basic line and a thousand times less than Orochi's feat.

We see the ship against the backdrop of large buildings. To estimate a height of 100 meters for a metropolis is normal. And I believe that the page on which the scale of the ship is drawn incredibly well in contrast to the scale of the city is much better than the scan from the bullet, which the author did not even bother drawing at that time.

We can't use this bullet for scaling, we are practically looking at the front of the bullet in that panel, the angle is skewed.
The calc mentioned this here:
For several reasons mentioned in a OPM thread, the image I used to find it's size is inaccurate because of it's angle, making it's size lower than it should be. The calc should still be usable with this size being a lowball but whatever. I'll use 2 other scenes shown to find the bullet's size.

Doesn't change anything when in the second panel he uses for scaling we are seeing the bullets from behind.

My calc shows that this spacecraft varies greatly in size and even using one of the small buildings and assuming it's a skyscraper barely gets the results of the anime.

If the bullet calc is a lowball, then I don't see why using it is such a problem, seeing as the other calcs use the anime or make random assumptions.

I mean minus the bullet size which is a lowball, the other calcs to my knowledge use the anime or assume random building heights to pixel scale from.

I wanted to make my own version of the calculation of the length of the box, but in fact it gave results much smaller than the data in the anime.

I have seen a version of scaling from the height of clouds, but this is too strong high end.

These are really incoherent things. However, this is already better than calculations regarding height or bullets, which simply do not work.

However, if we close our eyes to this, then this would give more than 14 petatons, which is not so bad.

I still don't understand how maze attack and fin spacing are related. The calculation assumes that these are all the consequences of 1 attack, but in reality they are not. The destruction of the labyrinth was carried out by MB Boros, and after that we did not see to what extent the ship was damaged
These are really incoherent things. However, this is already better than calculations regarding height or bullets, which simply do not work.

However, if we close our eyes to this, then this would give more than 14 petatons, which is not so bad.
You're literally explaining why I've enormously low-balled the calculation. I've explained this to you before, but you still don't seem to get it.

Basically, Unleashed Boros blasts Saitama across a particular distance on the ship, and then MB Boros punches Saitama across the maze.

I've used relatively consistent markers across the ship to figure out how much both attacks moved him (because both attacks are shown to move him at the edge of their destruction range, to the point where you see damages from Boros' previous explosion when he punches Saitama), and applied part of the maze to that entire distance.

It's even more of a low-ball because MB Boros' punch alone dwarfs this panel.

To put it very simply, I'm assuming the effects 1 attack covers the combined distance of 2 attacks.

As for the lack damages, one occurred under the top surface of the ship, and the ship was so damaged that you'd have a hard time spotting either.

Edit: On second thought, though, I could actually get a lower size for the ship because the damages from Boros' first blast do line up exactly with the crater in this panel.

I'll add this soon.

Last edited:
That's because you're still not getting it.

I never even calculated Unsealed Boros or MB Boros' punches individually.

Unsealed Boros blasts Saitama, sending him across part of the ship. MB Boros blasts Saitama across a portion of the ship further than that. I used consistent landmarks to find where Saitama went after both attacks.

Since we know that MB Boros' punch alone covered a portion of the maze, I applied the portion of the maze's size to the entire distance that Saitama covered.

I'll give you an example. Say you throw me half-way around a planet with two attacks, but I only have a calculated distance of 1 kilometre from the damages caused by the first attack. So now I have a low-balled distance of 2 kilometres.

I think using the height of the clouds to scale the size of the ship is pretty effective, (Enderlord's calc), as its only assumption is that the altocumulous clouds are at their wiki accepted altitude.

I'd go with the cloud scaling version of the feat as of right now. Also, ByAsura's calc uses the max zoomed in hallway to find their size in reference to Saitama, but in just the earlier panel, Saitama is much smaller in relation to the same highway, and using that hallway it grants 5B results, so it's kind of inconsistent.

Back