• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two Blonde Swordwielders Brawl (Euden vs. Meliodas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
First Dragalia matchup, yay!

A fierce battle had broken out on the outskirts of the Mistholt, with Euden and his friends fighting off the Dyrenell Empire as they launched a full-on assault upon the prince's forces. As they fought, the Dyrenell army's tactician, Harle, sneered at the fighting forces. "Alright, it's time to fulfill the deed you were summoned to this world for," he said to the swordsman behind him. "Bring down the traitor prince, dead or alive. Only then may you return to your own world. Now, go."

As the battling forces came to a halt in front of each other, with Euden leading the front, he noticed that the forces in front were parting, and emerging from the crowd was a young man with blond hair. A solemn look on his face, he cried, "You must be the traitor prince, Euden. I'm sorry, but your rebellion ends here." Drawing his sword, he thrust his blade at the prince, who was only barely able to fend it off with his own blade. Grunting from the power behind the strike, he announced, "I don't know who you are, but there are too many things that I have to fight for to be stopped here! Have at you!" And with those words said, the two swordsmen rushed at each other, ready to duel for their lives.

In the blue corner, we have Euden from Dragalia Lost, and in the red corner, we have Meliodas from The Seven Deadly Sins.

100001_07_base_portrait.png
meliodas_visuals_by_15sok-d7ttnl9.png

• This is a fight to the death or incapacitation. No holds barred.
  • Neither character are aware of each other beforehand, and there is no prep time.
  • Neither character are allowed any outside help.
  • This battle takes place outside the Mistholt in Alberia, giving Euden the home field advantage.
  • Base Euden and Sealed Meliodas are used.
  • Speed is not equalized.
With all this being said, let the debate begin!

• Dragonblood Prince: 0
  • Dragon's Sin of Wrath: 3 (Axxtentacle, Armorchompy, Popted2)
  • Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
When the profile says "completely destroyed a mountain" what does that mean specifically? What's the exact AP on that?

When the profile says "completely destroyed a mountain" what does that mean specifically? What's the exact AP on that?
The character being scaled from, Mei Hou Wang, casually sent a powerful blast at a mountain that was powerful enough to destroy it, to the point where the characters commented that the mountain was simply gone. As there are no visuals due to the nature of Dragalia Lost's cutscenes, the best estimation for this feat comes from the Mountain and Island Level Requirements page, and using violent fragment on a small mountain as a bare minimum due to the nature of the feat, you get 5.234e16 Joules of energy.

Sorry, I heavily had the wrong AP for Meliodas. I'll go find it.

But pretty much, Euden scales to 12 megatons?

Found the calc. 14 megatons from Gilthunder, the version of Dale that Meliodas fodderized is stronger than the 14 megaton Gilthunder. He can also stack Wrath on to that, so he'd probably have the AP advantage.

Yes. On top of this, Euden downscales to an unquantifiably lower degree, as this feat scales primarily to the dragons, and humans are canonically generally weaker, despite being strong enough to actively compete against them.

Ah. Ok. Meliodas will have a decent AP advantage, but he probably wouldn't 1 shot.

I'm getting off my PC for the night, so i'll be responding less frequently. I'll be able to write a response every now and then, but if I stop responding it's because i'm asleep.

Keep in mind, however, that Euden can shapeshift, and his shapeshifted form does scale directly to the feat. It still will be lower, but it would also be more even.

I am awake!

Ok, so we've pretty much established Meliodas has a decent AP advantage. What abilities does Euden have do you think could put Meliodas down?

Meliodas will be a pretty big handful for Euden to handle. His main thing that will keep him afloat is gonna be his stat amps, his stat reduction, and his status affliction. If he can land a solid hit with his Blazing Circlet, he will burn Meliodas, hitting him with Exalted Fire will lower his defensive ability by a bit, and he'll be able to increase his strength every time he shapeshifts in battle, which while a temporary power up, will hopefully keep Meliodas on his toes due to the amount of dragons he can shapeshift into. Heck, if he's in a pinch, he can shapeshift into Phoenix and actually heal himself.

Honestly, some of the biggest things that scare me about him is his Sealing, Attack Reflection, Power Null, and Mid-level Regeneration. How likely is it for these abilities to come into play?

As far as I know, Sealing has only ever been used once.

Attack Reflection is Revenge Counter and Full Counter, Revenge Counter allowing him to just sit there and tank a bunch of damage and unleash it all in a massive blast. Full Counter is a simple sword swing or hand movement (as Estarossa showed) that allows him to amplify a specifically(?) magic attack's potency by at least 2x (possibly 3x iirc) and send it back.

Power Null is vanish counter, he just waves his hand at something and it vanishes. Mid-level regen is from his demon physiology which allows them to heal wounds like being cut in half.

According to the profile, full counter has worked on natural lightning and darkness before, but I don't know where that comes from.

Also, Meliodas can create darkness wings to fly once he does into his "Wrath" state.

It sounds like both of his counters would be pretty good against Euden, with Full Counter seeming to be especially bad with his Exalted Fire, since seeing a giant arc of fire being thrown at him would make that a good move to use it on. Same with Vanish Counter.

Flight, however, isn't a problem as Euden can just shapeshift into a dragon and meet him in the air. (BTW, he's most likely to shapeshift into Midgardsormr first, before trying to change into any other dragons.)

Yeah I brought up flight because I thought you did.

Meliodas does use his full counter semi-often, but it's not a "gets used for every other attack" kinda move if you get the idea.

Okay.

So, what would Meliodas likely do in this scenario?

Meliodas starts with H2H in most scenarios, even sometimes neglecting the use of his sword. So his opening move would probably be just going in for a basic melee attack.

Euden would also likely rush in wish his sword. And while he usually won't combat against people who don't use their own weapons, Euden is familiar with martial artists such as Lin You, so he would still be able to fight him even if he doesn't use his sword.

He would have Liz's sword in this scenario so it's likely he'll use it, as once he gets it he uses it more often than not.

This version of Meliodas doesn't go into his demon-state much, only when he's pushed to the limit like against Ban where he got drained. His Wrath state is even more unlikely to happen, it pretty much only happened once, but if it does it'll basically turn into a blitz and 1 shot with massive darkness AOE nukes. It only happened because Elizabeth cried out for his help.

What abilities is Euden likely to use afterwards? This version of Meliodas doesn't really use many techniques besides like, air slashes and up close combat.

Euden will usually fight with his sword for the majority of the time, throwing in the occasional Blazing Circlet or Exalted Fire into the mix, as that is how he operates during gameplay.

If he feels he's getting nowhere and even being pressed back, which is likely due to Meliodas' AP advantage, then Euden will go dragon, which is basically a temporary power-up as he fights with all his might. (Which, again, he'll likely change to Midgardsormr first.) And once the power runs out and he reverts back, he will actually gain a permanent strength boost due to his passive ability. The speed at which he can shapeshift is also increased due to his passive abilities, so once he reverts back, it will not be long before he will do so again if he needs to.

I see.

Meliodas' demon mark is just a permanent amp that he can use whenever, allowed him to go from fighting evenly with Ban to sending him flying hundreds of meters and riddling Ban's body with smoking holes, so I think it's safe to say that if Euden starts seriously pushing Meliodas, he'd to into his Demon state or try to stall for a revenge counter.

His amp also let him completely blitz a Ban who had stolen enough strength and speed from him that he couldn't move.

How big of an amp is it for Euden? I feel like Meliodas is gonna take it if it doesn't let him quickly deal with Meliodas.

Unfortunately, it seems as if Euden cannot buff himself nearly as much as you say Meliodas can, as Euden's strength buff goes to 10%, then 25%, and finally 40% with each shapeshift.

Now, that being said, I forgot to mention the ability of Euden's blade, Nothung, which has a skill attached called Megingjörð, which increases Euden's strength by 40% straight up, which then alternates to a skill called Iðunn's Apple, which replaces that with a regen buff while also increasing his defense by 20%, and then it alternates back to Megingjörð. (That should probably be added to his profile as well...) On top of this, Euden can shapeshift into a dragon that provides another temporary strength buff, such as Bronze Fafnir, which would grant him yet another 30% on his strength for 15 seconds.

Anyway, at max, that would give Euden an 110% boost to his overall strength, and despite that, I'm not sure would be enough to trump Meliodas if the stat amps is as potent as you say, being able to both overpower and outspeed an opponent of similar power to him. Despite that, as said before, he can also heal himself by tapping into Phoenix during one of his shapeshifts, so he does have that going for him. But, again, there's that nasty Mid Regen for Meliodas.

Yeah, I don't think giving Euden prior info will help much, because notice that I mention this whole time that his strength gets buffed. Never his speed. Even if he manages to push his strength to the max as I splayed out, Meliodas will still likely outspeed him and claim victory that way. And that's not assuming Meliodas just up and disarms him, as he'll be in a seriously bad spot then, since he almost always fights with his sword and is not even remotely as skilled in H2H combat as Meliodas.

The only way I see Euden winning this at this point is like, if he has some weird hax ability you've not mentioned yet. Prior knowledge would only really be useful if Meliodas doesn't respond with a full counter when he sees something like a gigantic fireball being shot at him, but that's unlikely.

Unless there's something I missed in the lore somewhere, practically everything Euden has is on the table right there.

Added some new hax and resistances to Euden's profile, but I'm not sure if it's enough to change the outcome here.

Also, bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back