• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two Big Ass Dragons. Darkeater Midir vs Smaug.

I know of both and I remember Midir being more versatile with his abilities, but Smaug has far more control over his abilities

Midir is much more Versatile and isn't afraid of just Grabing is enemy to blast them with his Breath attack. Plus Higher Lifting Strength so he can actually pin him if he wants to.

Ok so im new here so i dont know how these things work very well. But anyways

Smaug is much smarter than Midir. Midir is actually stated to be getting alzheimers and is forgetting his vows to the Gods. Smaug however, is highly intelligent and is known for being manipulative and can even talk.

Midir is much more battle hardened. Midir essentially has been relentlessly fighting the dark since birth. Smaug is a more classical dragon, who hoards and sleeps on a mountain of treasure all day

Dark souls dragons have way harder scales than LoTR dragons. Smaug was lethally injured by a ballista shot to the stomach, which punctured his very soft underbelly. Dark souls dragons are for all intents and purposes immortal unless you have lightning to peel their scales off. Now, Midir doesnt have those type of scales (or whatever, its barely elaborated on how he doesnt), but regardless, he is incredibly resistant on all surfaces except the tip of his snoot; he is able to take MANY hits to the rest of his body by a late game ashen one.

And as stated above, Midir is not only stronger, but has more offensive abilities.

Going with Midir on this one. Smarts wont save Smaug from Midir's godzilla lazer breath

Jeez, we really need to update the DS profiles. Midir should get corruption from being an Abyssal creature.

Ya honestly. Like power scaling wise, how does Midir have the same durability as Smaug? Midir gets wailed on relentlessly by an Ashen One (Large star level attack potency), but Smaug is dead after a gut shot by a ballista? I don't really know how the scaling calculations are done

Dark Souls scaling isn't linear. Just because Ashen One is 4-C progression wise, it doesn't mean that the enemies scale lore wise. Most, if not all dragons scale to the 6-B feat.

Gotcha. do you know where should I go to learn about how that scaling works for Dark souls? I know a fair bit of DS lore

There isn't an official scaling chain, but you could check out all the DS characters and what they scale to from the Dark Souls page.

It should be noted, Midir is a descendant of the Archdragons and likely functions a bit differently. He actually has pretty decent lightning defence.

Gonna vote Midir for him actually resisting most of Smaug's arsenal.

If Midir is gaining corruption then I'm pretty sure this is a stomp. If he doesn't gain corruption then he wins this very easily FRA.

ya XSOULOFCINDERX im voting for Midir. There really is too much going for Midir that Smaug has no answer for. You can make the case that Midir's physical attacks are going to be deminished by Smaugs gold tummy, but Smaug has no defense for Dark and Explosion manipulation

Keeweed said:
If Midir is gaining corruption then I'm pretty sure this is a stomp. If he doesn't gain corruption then he wins this very easily FRA.
How good is the corruption? We never see him directly cause anything.

The only person who fought him can survive in areas effected by the abyss (I'm not sure if the Ashen One can directly survive the Abyss but the Chosen Undead can. But in Dark Souls 1 entering the Abyss instantly consumes the player killing them (without the Abyss Watcher ring which is what I meant by the player being able to survive it) and the Dragonslayer Armor (which is just a suit of armor on its own) becomes alive due to the dark. The Ashen One should just have resistance to corruption and Midir I believe scales to the stuff I brought up as he's been consuming the dark for years up to when you fought him. Though it's been a while since I've read his lore and I'm way to busy right now to read it. I'm currently just taking a break.

Yeah, unless you have specific resistance to corruption, you get taken by the Abyss pretty easily.

Back