• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Twenty-Fifth Baam (Tower of God) vs Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)

Litentric Teon said:
How potent are Chosen's gravity and time manipulation?
I forgot, you should probably ask Everlasting.

I dont think he has the ability to use time stop though.

I'm 90% sure Chosen Undead's gravity- manipulation is limited to the spell that reduces fall damage, and Time Manipulation refers to the Repair sorcery that turns back the time of weapons to fix them (though it being time manipulation was only hinted in DS2 and confirmed in DS3)

So yeah, really limited

As much as I like Baam, I think I'll have to go with Chosen here. He simply seems to have far more options than Baam. Baam only having to KO Chosen works to his advantage, but Chosen has a lot more versatility with his fire and lightning manipulation, and his summoning of ethereal blades, which I don't think Baam has an adequate counter for. Light manipulation and poison manipulation only add to his abilities, whereas Baam uses Shinoo for practical energy uses, forcefields, homing attacks, amping his physical attributes and the like. I think Baam's Shinsoo black hole could likely one shot Chosen due to its nature, but I don't think he'll be able to get it off due to Chosen's rather large arsenal when compared to his.

Summoning of blades refers to the grave lord sword dance miracle, which takes forever to activate, and doesn't have the best range anyway

Oh. Gotcha.Thank you. I'm not every familar with the Dark Souls franchise. I think the others points should still hold, as the versatility factor is still present.

Light manipulation refers to the cast light spell, which just creates an orb that lights up dark areas.

Poison manipulation is done through CU breathing out a cloud of toxic mist, or done on hit through some of his weapons.

Lightning manipulation is solely for throwing lightning bolts, which I don't think Baam would struggle to dodge.

Fire Manipulation involves throwing fireballs, bigger fireballs, even bigger fireballs, causing pillars of flame to erupt from the ground and shooting streams of flame. All of which except the last have significant cast times.

By contrast, Baam's stuff gets off a lot quicker, and things like forcefields and high magic resist would protect him from CU's stuff quite a bit, so I'd go for him.

Oh. All of that knowledge really helps, thank you. I guess I'll switch my vote to the 25th for now, simply because his moves don't require any start up, and, based upon Monarch's information, seem more reliable and consistent in a fight.

Back