• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

True Gravity and Shiki Buff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Shiki and Ziggy have been shown to be unaffected by Nero's Empire Dice which sees into the future and provides the necessary information in order to insure Nero's victory.

Despite Nero fully knowing about Shura's plan to destroy him and Ziggy with the 20,000 antimatter bombs, he was completely unaware of Shiki despite being an integral part of the events of the arc.

Ziggy as well was shown to resist the effects of Nero's Dice thanks to True Gravity. Nero knew of Ziggy's arrival and saw Ziggy's defeat but didn't see his ability to use True Gravity, the destruction of his dice, and his own defeat at the hands of Ziggy. This would also scale to Xenolith as he can also use True Gravity

Because of this Shiki, Xenolith, and Ziggy should gain Resistance to Precognition and True Gravity Users (Ziggy and Xenolith) should gain Resistance Negation via True Gravity as Empire Dice is highly resistant to normal Gravity Manipulation, but was easily crushed by True Gravity.

This isn't enough for Resistance Negation, it's just an increase potency, or just sheer higher force then normal.

Gravity being unable to affect flames in red cave due to Mother's Ether was already observed

Ziggy also wasn't even able to flinch Nero's dice with regular gravity because gravity can't affect the dice (they're a part of Mother)

But the same Ziggy pull them towards him after he used true gravity and even crushed them using it.

It isn't a matter of brute strength, there is a qualitative difference between them, a clear distinguishion is made between gravity and true gravity before in the series. "True Gravity" supposedly transcends concepts and can affect abstract things like pain and memories like making pain "lighter" or making someone's memories "fall" to them. It can even make an opponents power "fall" to them.

Despite Nero fully knowing about Shura's plan to destroy him and Ziggy with the 20,000 antimatter bombs, he was completely unaware of Shiki despite being an integral part of the events of the arc.

This isn't really a precognition thing. Nero says Shura's plans were obvious from the start; he doesn't need to see the future to know how twisted Shura is as a person and anticipate his actions.

I agree with Damage about Resistance to Precog

As for Resistance Neg, I think like Natsu, this is moreso a higher potency of Gravity then negating the Resistance itself

Fair on Shiki's resistance and on True Gravity resistance negation I guess, What about True Gravity resisting Precog? We know Nero used it and saw Ziggy and what he would do but didn't see the various things listed in the OP.

Fair on Shiki's resistance and on True Gravity resistance negation I guess, What about True Gravity resisting Precog? We know Nero used it and saw Ziggy and what he would do but didn't see the various things listed in the OP.
Well it could just be a limitation of the Precog potentially, I don't think it's clear enough to for sure say they resist Precog

Why would you think it's just "higher potency" when Ziggy was previously unable to affect the dice with regular gravity despite trying and later affects them with true gravity and pulls them towards him? Right after that he himself followed it up with "It's all just matter, it can't resist True Gravity", he doesn't say "My gravity is too strong for your resistance", he straight up said resistance doesn't matter.

What's more supporting is that true gravity supposedly surpasses even concepts

I agree with Nerd regarding resistance negation
We already see that regular gravity couldn’t affect items or substances that come from mother as seen with the Dice and with the Fire in red cave

However “True Gravity” was able to effect the dice

I mean Ziggy and Nero were equal in power(well Nero won the fight like the dice predicted it wasn’t until Nero was caught off guard and his dice were crushed that he lost)
it wasn’t like Ziggy got physically stronger all of sudden it as just he stated that the dice couldn’t resist his true gravity

And as far as true gravity resistances to precognition I think he could have a possible and or a likely rating

As I don’t see it being a limitation of the dice as I don’t think it was ever implied that the dice have a weakness I mean it’s possible it could be a weakness but I’m not really convinced it is

To me it seems like True gravity is just so powerful that it rendered the dice ineffective therefore reducing its power to predict the future to that of just regular dice

I mean the dice were accurate for the past 15-16 years of the story it’s what allowed Nero to build his the empire in the AOI cosmos without being taken down by anyone In the government and it’s what was likely the reason he even defeated Lyra in a card game in which she could cheat and control what card herself and her opponent’s had and it’s what allowed him to even defeat Ziggy prior to Ziggy using true gravity

To me it seems like true gravity having the power to transcends concepts allowed him to overcome the dice’s prediction but it’s not 100% certain so I can’t say for sure

Bump
and tbh I don’t think Ziggy’s situation is really all that comparable to Natsu’s

We know for a fact that Natsu’s emotional state increases his AP as well as the temperature and volume of his flames as seen in the fight with Erigor

He also used a fire dragon king king mode to defeat madmole so he truly did get an increase in temperature and potency

It hasn’t really been shown/stated that True gravity and or Ziggy’s emotional state increases His power in anyway

All that’s been stated about true gravity is that it transcends concepts

Another reason I don’t think it’s a simple case of increased potency is because despite Shiki and the crew needing the relic from red cave in order to advance in their journey to find mother

Shiki was unable to use his gravity to effect the fire in the cave due to Mothers Ether preventing from him doing so and Shiki at this point could use complete overdrive in order to boost his ether gear to its critical point and increase his gravity potency and capabilities which allowed him to overwhelming opponents he was previously comparable to as seen with Orc and mutated Drakken

but yet despite the fact that he could use complete overdrive the only solution the crew had was to use Laguna and Witch in order for Shiki to advance in the cave

So it’s possible that not even an increase in potency is enough to effect items that are enchanted with Mother’s ether

This will probably be ignored and left alone. But ye true gravity bypassing resistance to gravity is blatant af

There's not enough evidence to buy the other stuff mentioned here tho

Ziggy in 162 when he himself says "your dice aren't affected by Gravity"

Vs

Ziggy in 164 when he says "it can't resist True Gravity"

Nero was also shocked that the dice are floating over his palm and said it's impossible to affect them with Gravity. It wasn't just using true gravity to crush those dice, he was also using true gravity to make them float on his palm.
And it wasn't just a matter of applying intense gravity on the dice when they were floating, I'm pretty sure the art wouldn't be so casual if that were the case

Ok fine, I'm fine with Resistance Negation for True Gravity

I suppose it's fine since Ziggy says it can't resist True Gravity

I'm sure you can interpret that as just greater Power Null, but I can just as easily see Resistance Negation being valid

3 people (non-staff) agreed + 1 staff (Mitch) for resistance negation so far

Don't think anyone agrees with the rest

Edit: 4 non-staff + 1 staff

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back