• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

True-Godly Regenerationn Question

Okay, first of all I'm not trying to debate or criticize our definition of True-Godly regen (like has been done in the past). Instead, I just have what I hope will be a quick and easy question. What exactly is meant by recovering from "Complete outerversal destruction" and does it have anything to do with conceptual erasure?

I think that High-Godly is enough if the character wasn't erased from nonexistence. I don't think that it counts as conceptual erasure

True-Godly Regen is virtually indistinguishible from High-Godly Regen in everything except scale.

You can have High-Godly Regen if you are erased alongside your universe / multiverse. It was considered that a 1-A regenerating from all of existence and nonexistence being erased on 1-A scale was far more impressive and needed a new rating.

High Godly regen is defined as regenerating from all reality being destroyed. "Reality" and "Existence" go hand and hand. True Godly is for example, Umineko characters. Those that can be completely erased from the Gameboard (which has its own concepts of existence and nonexistence, non-linear time, realms outside duality, etc.) and regenerate from the Sea of Oblivion.

True Godly is more distinguishable from High Godly outside of just scale because High Godly's definition, until it's changed, does not encompass a fraction of what true godly is. Another thing that's botheting me is failure to understand that in some cases even a Tier 9 could have true godly. The setting determines this level of regen, not the tier of the character.

So is High-Godly regenerating from just the destruction of space and time? And True-Godly is regenerating from being erased from, for example, dual concepts altogether? I still don't think I completely get it. And also how would a being cause that level of destruction to begin with? Would it be some form of conceptual manipulation?

Yes, erased from all binary concepts. How this is done depends on the verse's mechanics.

Back