• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

True Dark Genie Downgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
I'm gonna cry if this goes through ovo. In all seriousness I needed to make this to be 100% sure of his rating, we aim for accuracy right, so let's get this done.

True Dark Genie's AP justification is Universe level+, possible Multiverse level (Was spreading it's essence across all of time, planned on absorbing the very flow of time and going beyond it, every time someone travels through time and changes an event a completely new timeline is formed separately from the original and Dark Element was able to spread his essence across 10,000 years)

Basically TDG was spreading is essence across all of time and was going to absorb it into itself and go beyond it. Everytime it spread his essence across a time period he would have presumably created a new timeline and Dark Element (Who is TDG) spread itself across 10,000 years so that's a lot of changes to history and thus a lot of new timelines.

However my issue with this is the descripton of Tier Low 2-C which states Universe level+: ("Low 2-C") This is for characters who can destroy and/or create the entire 4-dimensional space-time of a single universe, not just the physical matter within one. For example, an entire timeline. Please take note that simple statements of transcending and/or overcoming space/time without any further elaboration is not enough to grant a Universe level+ rating. Such statements could be flowery language or at most simply refer to resistance to space-time manipulation.

You see the problem?, TDG isn't effecting space, just time. To my knowledge, just effecting the time stream isn't enough. This is just Temporal Omnipresence, he exists everywhere throughout time but he never said anything about space. So since his essence isn't messing with the one half needed to make Low 2-C, why would we give him that rating?.

Conclusion: As much as I hate the fact of one of if not my most favorite bad guy being downgraded, I'd be wrong to not bring this up and just leave him with wanked stats. So I believe TDG AP, Stiking Strength, Lifting Strength and Durability all be downgraded to Unknown for his true self and his avatars stats go down to just the High 7-C, possible 4-C.

Note: TDG's speed will still be Immesurable as this is not effected by it's AP. We had a thread about this and since TDG was going to become one with all time, absorb it and stated he was going to go beyond time itself and stand at the pinnicel of all that exists. His speed should stay the same.

So, thoughts?.

I'm not familiar with the verse, but consuming time or merging with space-time can still translate to becoming Tier 2 depending on context. But more input would be good.

I think that the first post seems to make sense. Temporal omnipresence is not automatically the same as attack potency. However, as Medeus said, more input would be appreciated.

Not the most knowledgeable person about the tiering system and its mechanics above Tier 3, but if it's true that the only thing the TDG affected is the time stream, the downgrade should be fine to apply.

Don't really know the verse either, so I can't make the most sound judgement.

Do we see anything of the absorbing/spreading visually?

I'm not quite sure how I would imagine absorbing the time without absorbing space...

Though if this is vague and his best feats when actually fighting him are that much lower, it might be a good idea to keep to the lower stats.

Thank you for helping out with input.

@DontTalkDT

TDG's essense is invisible, we don't visually see him but he talks to you when you reach a different time period so he is actually through time. His reach in regards of space has only shown to reach the moon. Other than that he just sends it through time. Seda states his aim is to not destroy thw world but spread his essence across all time and rule over from every era. Sadly there is no mention of space being effected, only a statment about it "effecting the world" while sealed but that's really not anything to go off.

The TDG the main cast fought was one that literally just came into existance so he wasn't that strong. They never actually fight the real True Dark Genie itself.

If it's just spreading its essence this much without that really affecting things it does sound more like just an omnipresence thing then an AP thing.

So I would agree to the changes.

Ok.

Here's some diolog for anyone who wants the full contexted of what TDG's goal is.

Seda

"The Moon People were able to seal the young Genie. In the urn, Genie gained power and was able to influence the world."

Seda

"He's a force of pure evil. But his aim is not to destroy the world.. His intent is send to his will through time to every age..."

"...to take over history by sending parts of his essence to each age. He is a terrifying being."

True Dark Genie

"Ha! You failed... Boy from the future. You failed to change history. The infinite power given to me can drink up the very flow of time. Beyond time I will reign over all... So long as human hatred runs pure and clear I will exist without end!!!. This never-ending flow of dark power will see me to the pinnacle of all that exists. Now come! Kneel before me!!. "

I think that DontTalk makes sense, especially given the quotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back