• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Trigun - General Powers and abilities

Relatively minor thread but this is gonna be one of the last few before the revision is over. This really only adds a singular ability addiction to Vash and Knives MAYBE two. along with adding to Vash's intelligence since it's heavily outdated.

First things first Independent Plants such as Vash and Knives should get a Resistance to Extrasensory Perception. Knives who is of the same species as Vash is able to sneak past Midvalley's Extrasensory Perception and as a top tier member of the Gun-Ho-Gun's along with his expertise in sound waves and shown Here.

Next would be Non Physical Interaction. Plants for starters can interact with objects which are smaller than infinitesimally sized objects. Plants interact and manipulate the vibrations within infinitesimally sized vacuums. Infinitesimally is defined as immeasurably or incalculably small an infinitesimal difference. 2 : taking on values arbitrarily close to but greater than zero. Plants interact with vacuums with are even smaller than the figure given here so it should work on those with Type 1 Nonexistent Physiology for being able to interact with numbers lesser or equivalent to that of 0.

Next up is Vash's intelligence as it stands a lot of it it wrong. As it currently stands it's this.

Extreme combat abilities honed over nearly a century and a half of combat (extremely skilled gunslinger, able to predict trigger action and bullet trajectories with near perfection), extremely high IQ

but this is wrong as Vash is 120+ years old and has spent the majority of his years on No-Mans-Land honing his skill to an unmatched level as opposed to relying on hax like his Brother.

It will be reworded into this instead.

Intelligence: Extraordinary Genius: Vash has spent over 100+ years honing his marksmanship to an unmatched level. Vash has spent the last 100 years being hunted by humanity's best bounty hunters and Assassins. Vash consistently outskills skilled opponents whilst using non lethal force, Vash was hunted by Eye of Michael members and the Gun-Ho-Guns and the members all analyze and predict every aspect of their opponents including body movement, skills, habits and breathing patterns. Vash easily dispatches members of these organizations as if they were nothing. can instantly deduce abilities and see through illusions spread through ten Kilometers made by nigh invisible wire. using the weight of the water to severe the puppeteers fingers. counts the number of shots multiple bounty hunters gunshots, knowing all but one has ammo left. can figure out the mechanics of sensory hypnosis after seeing it once and bypass it. Vash can shoot thousands of rounds all through the same bullet hole and never miss, while avoid hitting anything vital. has shot the fuses of dozens of sticks of dynamite before they can hit the ground. Vash can change the incoming trajectory of long ranged attacks back at the opponent or change the direction of an attack Inches away from him. Can disarm 4 men so quickly with 4 gunshots that it sounded like only one. Can block omnidirectional attacks at the same time from point blank range. can dodge attacks from FTE opponents while under Hypnosis and having his senses paralyzed. Vash can parry attacks with AoE of Kilometers. Vash can fight without the usage of his eyesight, in under a hundredth of a second Vash was able to perform much more calculations than the 200+ year old Plant. Plants are much superior to the Humans of Trigun, who are able to create ships capable of space-time and intergalactic communication systems. Plants can understand the mechanisms of Causality which even the advanced civilizations of Trigun cannot comprehend. Plants are also smart enough to understand the quantum mechanics and the mechanics of the creation and destruction of universality space-Time structures. Vash can turn ordinary bullets into black hole bullets with some time.

To clarify this type of NPI should be able to interact with Type 1 NEP right? In terms of binary Type 1 is a 0 where existence is 1. Plants interact with tiny vibrations in vacuums which are already infinitesimally as it is, infinitesimally as per definition is close to but still greater than 0, therefore interacting with something lesser than Infinitesimally would make this NPI a 0 yes?

I was requested to come in and give input regarding the NPI here.

Next would be Non Physical Interaction. Plants for starters can interact with objects which are smaller than infinitesimally sized objects. Plants interact and manipulate the vibrations within infinitesimally sized vacuums. Infinitesimally is defined as immeasurably or incalculably small an infinitesimal difference. 2 : taking on values arbitrarily close to but greater than zero. Plants interact with vacuums with are even smaller than the figure given here so it should work on those with Type 1 Nonexistent Physiology for being able to interact with numbers lesser or equivalent to that of 0.
You're confusing size with construct. Infinitesimals are talking about the size of something. And the "even smaller than infinitesimal" isn't any different. Something is really small, but it's still there, unlike Non Existent beings who just aren't there in the first place.

So not only would that be unable to affect any sort of Non-Existent being but it would fail to interact with any sort of Non Physical being (spirit, idk what else). Although it doesn't need to be said that they'd be able to interact with any Elementally Intangible being since they're still made of particles. But if you're manipulating something that exists but is really small, it does in no way mean you can interact with sth that is devoid of those small things as well.

I actually touched upon that, here was Knights response on discord

"You sure about type 1 NEP? I mean as the definition goes it's a 0 to 1 in terms of binary, Plants can interact with numbers less than Infinitesimally, Infinitesimally being the closest thing to 0 as possible."

Last edited:
I was requested to come in and give input regarding the NPI here.

You're confusing size with construct. Infinitesimals are talking about the size of something. And the "even smaller than infinitesimal" isn't any different. Something is really small, but it's still there, unlike Non Existent beings who just aren't there in the first place.
I'm not getting size and construct confused in the slightest, my argument lies in the usage of Infinitesimally being a number that is close to Zero but still greater than Zero, in terms of Binary TYPE 1 NEP is a 0 whereas existence is a 1. infinitesimally sized voids would be a 1, and deeper inside them lies even smaller vaccuums, which in turn would make them a 0 for being >>> something that's already incalculable.
So not only would that be unable to affect any sort of Non-Existent being but it would fail to interact with any sort of Non Physical being (spirit, idk what else)
Read the above
. Although it doesn't need to be said that they'd be able to interact with any Elementally Intangible being since they're still made of particles. But if you're manipulating something that exists but is really small, it does in no way mean you can interact with sth that is devoid of those small things as well.
That isn't the argument at hand, so read that again, this obviously wouldn't work against Type 2 NEP where's there's a complete and total lack of existence, whereas Type 1 is just the lack of a conventional existence, vibrations that clock in at beyond an incalculable size is anything but conventional.

I'm not getting size and construct confused in the slightest, my argument lies in the usage of Infinitesimally being a number that is close to Zero but still greater than Zero, in terms of Binary TYPE 1 NEP is a 0 whereas existence is a 1. infinitesimally sized voids would be a 1, and deeper inside them lies even smaller vaccuums, which in turn would make them a 0 for being >>> something that's already incalculable.
I explained that. Smaller than infinitesimal being a 0 would require more proof than that. Otherwise any 2-A system would have Non Existent humans, as any universe would be an infinitesimal making anything within it smaller than an infinitesimal.

On the other hand infinitesimals are just "X/∞". However even "X/(2x∞)" even though you could say 2 of them could fit in the first, the truth is they're the same as the infinity remains the same. It's just levels of infinity but in reverse.

Type 1 is just the lack of a conventional existence, vibrations that clock in at beyond an incalculable size is anything but conventional.
Type 1 is lack of conventional existence meaning "nothing material and/or nothing spiritual". Meaning no matter how small, they are devoid of such things. And "conventional" is referring to: beyond the normal scope of the physical and metaphysical. Small things aren't outside of the scope of physical and metaphysical, neither are they only conceptualized as ideas.

I explained that. Smaller than infinitesimal being a 0 would require more proof than that. Otherwise any 2-A system would have Non Existent humans, as any universe would be an infinitesimal making anything within it smaller than an infinitesimal.
No, not all all in the slightest as that's a false comparision. A 2-A System is infinite in size (or higher levels of infinity, not sure since I don't mess around with anything higher than 3-A.) that's the verse itself not the humans so they'd have no reason to be Non Existent just because the verse they reside in 2-A. Meanwhile I'm basing my argument off of both the very definition (The closest number to 0.) and Plants being able to manipulate something smaller than even the closest number to 0, which would make it a 0.

furthermore even the Small Size page supports Plants having NPI. Due to being smaller than something already Planck sized they would be interacting with Type 9 sized objects. Type 9 is as followed.

Characters who inhabit lower dimensions, or are smaller than the Planck length. These characters typically can't interact with the physical world as we know it.

That sounds like a blatant case of NPI to me, and while you might disagree with it working on NEP it would still however work on most forms of intangiblilty. (Spatial, Immaterial, Phasing and Elemental.)

On the other hand infinitesimals are just "X/∞". However even "X/(2x∞)" even though you could say 2 of them could fit in the first, the truth is they're the same as the infinity remains the same. It's just levels of infinity but in reverse.
Read above but thanks for the calculus flashbacks lol.
Type 1 is lack of conventional existence meaning "nothing material and/or nothing spiritual". Meaning no matter how small, they are devoid of such things. And "conventional" is referring to: beyond the normal scope of the physical and metaphysical. Small things aren't outside of the scope of physical and metaphysical, neither are they only conceptualized as ideas.
Yeah, and by using the literal next example in the very definition of type 1 it gives a Binary example, which Plants should be able to qualify for.

No, not all all in the slightest as that's a false comparision. A 2-A System is infinite in size (or higher levels of infinity, not sure since I don't mess around with anything higher than 3-A.) that's the verse itself not the humans so they'd have no reason to be Non Existent just because the verse they reside in 2-A.
How is it false? They're smaller than an infinitesimal. If we're counting it like that they still qualify.

furthermore even the Small Size page supports Plants having NPI. Due to being smaller than something already Planck sized they would be interacting with Type 9 sized objects. Type 9 is as followed.
Smaller dimensions aren't exactly NEP either though, nor are they Non Corporeal in anyway. They are too small to interact with the higher dimension, but they are still there.

That sounds like a blatant case of NPI to me, and while you might disagree with it working on NEP it would still however work on most forms of intangiblilty. (Spatial, Immaterial, Phasing and Elemental.)
We discussed this on discord. For everyone else the conclusion here is:
"Yes the plants can interact with any of the ones mentioned above, but not because of the infinitesimal argument, but rather cus they can interact with space-time (so they deal with spatial intangibility), vibrations (so they deal with phasing that's based on vibrations) and elements i explained above how".

There is also the issue that in the scan there is nothing stated about things being smaller than an infinitesimal, just "vibrations of the infinitesimal vacuums" which they control. I don't see anything to warrant anything smaller than an infinitesimal to begin with.

This seems fine to me as well, but I haven't had the time to read the entire thread.

So what are the summarised concerns here?

Okay. Thanks for the replies. I will close this thread then.

Back