• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transformers: Megatron and Optimus revision

So currently Megatron is rated as likely Planet level for stating that he can tear this world apart.

What?!

Okay. Since I've read the fallacies page my argument will be more than just screaming what, instead it will point out that is clear hyperbole and he didn't mean he will literally destroy the world.

That's a classic villian move:

"Ragh. I will destroy the world! Muh ha ha ha ha!"

They don't literally mean they'll destroy the world.

And even if he was destroying the world, it is lifewiping at best, which is High 6-A.

Do you think in that scene he literally means tearing the Earth apart.

Not only that, but nowhere did he display a power level even apraoching that.

He has no feats or powerscaling that puts him anywhere near that.

Likely?

He has one statment taken completely out of context with every single other feat made by anyone accept for Unicron and Primus.

@ZacharyGrossman273

Because the context of the feat was not someone saying "I will destroy the world," its "I will cause chaos"

@BruceTheBatman

No.

The Star Saber and Dark Star Saber are at the very least Large Building to Mountain level. Optimus slices (I think) a mountain in half casually with just a single slash.

I remember in Armada the Star Saber was said to be able to destroys stars; ofcourse that was there though.

You can really interpret "Tear this world apart" as both. I think they should however add an "At least Mountain level, possibly planet level" since its rather unconfirmed. But, I'm starting to think the scene where Megatron punches apart one of Unicron's incarnations is alot higher than just Large Bulding level, it might be Mountain level there.

Antvasima said:
I also think that this seems suspicious. You can ask people listed under Transformers in the Knowledgeable Members List to give input here.
If somebody could calc Megatron destroying the Unicron incarnation, we could have a solid place to put them. Though, I think Possibly Multi-Continent level wouldn't be outlandish since the Omega Lock can turn entire planets into a cybernetic one.So weapons with that capacity do exist there.

Hmm. That is a problem then. Perhaps we should temporarily highlight this thread?

Such a statement shouldn't be taken seriously unless feats are there. Here is a character stating the exact same thing. She isn't 5-B. She is High 6-A for a completely different reason though. Zurvan (the huge creature) even mocks this hyperbole by stating that her enemy REALLY could do what she was boasting of.

The Star Saber was able to destroy the Omega Lock at the end of Season 2, which is capable of cyberforming planets. I'm not sure how weapons scale though.

They have feats for around Mountain level I recall, since Optimus casually sliced a boulder that was so big the warship had to be used to carry it away; and, Megatron punched a Unicron incarnation to bits that was so huge, it made the transformers and surrounding mountains look like nothing.

The problem is that we need some other more reliable feat to scale from instead. Othervise their statistics will have to be given unknown ratings.

@IkaniL

Okay. Perhaps you can ask here to get some feats calculated then?

I found the feats.

Season one episode 25:

At 7:00 Megatron's blasts were capable of putting down a Unicron incarnation.

At 16:32 Megatron takes an even bigger one down with a single punch.

Other than the Omega-Locks multi-continent feat, these might be the best out there. Unless the Star Saber destroying the Omega-lock is enough.

You will need screencaptures if you are going to ask to get any feats calculated.

The thing about terraforming in Transformers is you can't really transform the surface by itself. To make it into a fully cybertronian Planet, you have to convert the whole thing into metal, which is baseline 5-b

The question I have is about Optimus' 3-A feat from G1, seems kind of iffy to me, especially since here Unicron is not a Multiversal singularity

TheEverlasting is planning a verse wide revision since he's been doing research into the Transformers verse as a whole, as the previous information provided by Iustitia was wholly misleading and lacking.

IkaniL said:
The Star Saber was able to destroy the Omega Lock at the end of Season 2, which is capable of cyberforming planets. I'm not sure how weapons scale though.
They have feats for around Mountain level I recall, since Optimus casually sliced a boulder that was so big the warship had to be used to carry it away; and, Megatron punched a Unicron incarnation to bits that was so huge, it made the transformers and surrounding mountains look like nothing.
Of course, it's not like the Star Saber can directly counter that. You could probably ruin a car with a knife(stab the tires, wreck parts of the engine, etc.), assuming you were strong enough, but that doesn't mean getting stabbed with a knife would be as damaging as being hit by a car.

Don't know how much help it'll exactly be but : https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Star_Saber_(Prima)

Tld;dr version: the beggining of the page states how many blades in the multiverse bear the name of the Star Saber, but only the one in the Uniend cluster had the power to snuff out stars and crumble the stuff of planet into dust. I have tried to track down the novels in question where the Star Saber was explored a bit more, but needless to say, I've had no luck, so this is the best I can do.

Another thing (yet again taken from the Wiki, so don't know how accurate it might be, but from what I seem to gather they have a good rep, so I dunno why they'd fake it), is that one of the creation myths sorrounding the Saber is that Solus Prime forged from the core of a star. Given the fact that Solus has been confirmed to have pretty much crafted 90% of the Thirteen's ultra strong relics, like the Requiem Blaster, I would wager on this myth being the most likely, but then again Megatron was able to create the DSS from nothing but a chunk of Dark Energon, and he doesn't have a precentage of the skill Solus had with the Forge so yeah.

Finally, I'd like to examine the wording here. Megs doesn't say rule, or take over, or destroy in a vague way, no I at least believe that he was being quite serious when he says "tear it appart". I mean the guy is boastful, so I think the one thing he'd like his opponents to know most is how utterly screwed they are. But hey, those are my two cents on it.

The star saber was rated as 4-C due to being crafted from the core of a star. That is not what the tier means. It would have to be able to destroy the gravitational binding energy of a star to accomplish that.

Antvasima said:
The star saber was rated as 4-C due to being crafted from the core of a star. That is not what the tier means. It would have to be able to destroy the gravitational binding energy of a star to accomplish that.
Yeah, I was a bit iffy about the mechanics of that myself. Apparently, the core was used as a furnace, but that can mean any number of things.

Though, I still think that "snuffing out stars" bit should at least be looked at. Then again, seeing as most of the info we have on it is located in novels that already contradict with the cartoons...

Well, in anu case, this is an old thread, and should preferably be closed.

Back