• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transformers General Discussion

I just think it wasn't really interesting enough to carry a reboot.
You're more or less right tbh. The beginning issues drag on way too much and quite boring, with just mountains of exposition.

Hopefully the Image Comics run will do better. The writer for it is really good in his past works and I have faith in him for this run. Btw, Transformers are also involved in the Void Rivals book so might wanna see that if you're gonna read the Image Comics run. Also, have ya seen ROTB?

Don't you mean TFP Soundwave? And specifically TFP Soundwave, not the RiD or WFC versions?
My favourite is the TF 84 UK Ultra Magnus.
So you haven’t seen Flamewar, aka the best character in the Transformers franchise
I typically leave arguments right after using my unhinged rhetoric to cause flamewars, so that's probably why I'm not familiar with this.
Also, have ya seen ROTB?
Not yet, but I plan to. Bumblebee was one of the best TF media, imo, so I'm interested to see how they handle a sequel.

I typically leave arguments right after using my unhinged rhetoric to cause flamewars, so that's probably why I'm not familiar with this.
She‘s the best
DarknessOnceGazedUponPart2_FlamewarSixshot.jpg

On another note, I have to say Metalhawk was (emphasis on was, since he changed a lot) one of the dumbest mfs in IDW.

I didn't feel sad in the slightest when he died. He's so much of a jerk for no reason. Like whenever the Autobots decide to act reasonable, he just choose to brush it off and try to instigate something, and then will preach how the Autobots are bad or something. And was stupid enough to trust Starscream when he honestly should know better.

Also, I just recalled that Blitzwing froze an enormous portion of Lake Erie in Lost and Found.

But, cooling calculations are in a bit of a funny spot right now.

What's the problem with cooling calcs?

Also freezing a lake is like, 7-C I think? Probably a good supporting feat at least ig.

I saw Rise of the Beasts.

It's a better than I thought it would be from the trailers, and I'm mainly giving criticism because I can't really explain the good stuff.

The music was terrible.

There's some stupid shit in the plot compared to Bumblebee and even Bayformers. It's standard action movie stuff, but it just seems especially stupid in this film for some reason.
  • The mini-Terrorcons can't break through museum glass that Wallace with a small fire hydrant broke.
  • Battletrap had a tough time breaking through concrete pillars and a podium, despite doing it a few minutes prior.
  • Humans survive a car-flipping blast from a far closer range than said cars.
  • Diaz randomly talks shit about Optimus Prime as if he knows anything about the Cybertron war and Optimus isn't a giant robot. It made more sense with Sam in RotF because A) he had an entire previous movie, B) they disrupted his life, and C) he saved the planet. The humans in general in this film get adjusted to this shit way too quickly as a whole (like within a day).
  • Diaz wasn't vital to anything, unlike Sam, so Scourge should've just crushed him.
  • Diaz's Mirage power suit was, and looked, terrible.
I liked how they handled Unicron and the Maximals as a characters, but I don't like how they implemented them into the franchise. It feels way too early and kills off the momentum because they've gone from the scale of an average G1 episode in Bumblebee to the scale of the 80s film in RotB. Hell, Megatron isn't even mentioned in the reboot series yet. Honestly, there's a lot of stuff like that in the movie, like how it's so off-handedly mentioned that the Autobots have been stranded on Earthfor 7 years. It definitely feels like there should have been another movie between Bumblebee and RotB.

Also, while Unicron wasn't bad, I didn't like how he was presented like some DCEU Darkside-type villain crossed with Galactus. He wasn't anything unique in G1, but he didn't feel like some stock Hollywood villain.

The portrayal of transwarp kind of disappointed me. I think it would've been better to portray it as a relatively casual interstellar transport system rather than the key being an ancient (by Cybertronian standards) macguffin. However, at least they do explain that the transwarp process itself needs more energy than a supernova, which implies that it takes far more sophisticated technology than most Transformer series.

There should've been a lot less human bs, imo, but they handled it far better than the Michael Bay films. At least they were secondary to the Transformers this time.

Wasn't a fan of Mirage, or how Optimus was against seemingly any kind of fun and trusting humans at all. But, different franchise, different characterisation, so I didn't mind Optimus' portrayal that much. I also really liked how Optimus had enough of Scourge and slaughtered him.

Finally, the CGI overall was quite good. The only CGI that took me out of the movie was Scourge shooting Airazor.

Overall, not bad, but should've edged closer to Bumblebee than a Bayformer film.

Last edited:
Diaz wasn't vital to anything, unlike Sam, so Scourge should've just crushed him.
I'm pretty sure he was about to, but Mirage interrupted.

Diaz's Mirage power suit was, and looked, terrible.
]:<

Honestly, there's a lot of stuff like that in the movie, like how it's so off-handedly mentioned that the Autobots have been stranded on Earthfor 7 years. It definitely feels like there should have been another movie between Bumblebee and RotB.
Definitely my biggest gripe with ROTB. Feel we should've gotten some form of Autobots vs the Decepticons in between those 7 years.

There should've been a lot less human bs, imo, but they handled it far better than the Michael Bay films. At least they were secondary to the Transformers this time.
I feel they should've just removed Elena tbh. She kinda felt like a walking plot device.

Wasn't a fan of Mirage
]:<

or how Optimus was against seemingly any kind of fun and trusting humans at all. But, different franchise, different characterisation, so I didn't mind Optimus' portrayal that much.
I liked it. He gave a more "I'm just ******* tired" dad vibe who has to constantly look after his stupid kids. And the way he was a bit snarky at times, he has a bit of Simon Furman Optimus in him I feel. And I think him not trusting humans is... fair from a strategic standpoint? He's already lost a lot, he's not gonna risk conflict with humans.

My point was moreso that he should've done it immediately, rather than talking first. It's more of a fiction thing in general, but I still hate it.

I suppose that's a fair outlook on Opti-dad.

Depending on how the Scorponok KE goes. That one is a bit hard because we need to find Scorponok's weight, and I'm trying to get a good pic of his model so we get his weight from his size. And then we do KE. The Scorponoks were able to reach down on Earth in like, seconds. At the speed they were going + the distance, they were definitely moving at MHS speeds.

Supposedly, the main Terrorcon trio should upscale since the Scorponoks are basically fodder.

I wanted to do Scourge's KE, but considering we saw him use a ship to crash land in the opening, it means he likely does the same when he touched down on Earth, meaning KE for Scourge is invalid.

Oh. I'm planning a Reboot movieverse upgrade, but the calcs haven't gone through.

I'm planning a revision for G1 and some additions to IDW.

Bayverse now has a MHS+ calc but it feels pretty outlier-ish?

Was thinking about this ages ago but the DB got me motivated. Shouldn't Prime Megatron have Dark Energon hax on his profile? For example, Megatron would get Type 8 immortality with it given that the shard of dark energon within him prevented him from dying, he should also have necromancy in base given he has access to a ton of it which he often has on hand.

Dark energon is a nice pool of hax that could be make for way more interesting MU potential. The Cybertron games in particular have probably one of the most haxxed Megs as the weaponry in that game is nuts + has his own Dark Energon.

Was thinking about this ages ago but the DB got me motivated. Shouldn't Prime Megatron have Dark Energon hax on his profile? For example, Megatron would get Type 8 immortality with it given that the shard of dark energon within him prevented him from dying, he should also have necromancy in base given he has access to a ton of it which he often has on hand.

Dark energon is a nice pool of hax that could be make for way more interesting MU potential. The Cybertron games in particular have probably one of the most haxxed Megs as the weaponry in that game is nuts + has his own Dark Energon.
Uh... I may be handling Prime Megatron, and most od the Decepticons even, problem is I lost interest after I all but finished Ratchet and Knockout lol

Back