• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transformers: G1 cartoon Optimus Prime and Megatron?

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
The G1 cartoon Megatro is currently rated as Large Planet level in durability, whereas Optimus Prime is rated as Large Planet level in strength for damaging him.

However, Megatron has a much lower physical attack potency rating, whereas Prime has a much lower durability rating.

This does not make any sense. Hence, given that Megatron and Prime are usually portrayed as roughly equal, and the possible planetary durability feat either seems to be an outlier, or just an extremely small part of the full explosion, should we rescale them with matching attack potency and durability statistics?

Doesn't the G1 verse have things within tier 2 and 1, with Unicron being a solid tier 5? I don't think it would be an outlier in that case. Pretty sure we should just scale them to each other. Although, I could be thinking of another Transformers canon being that strong...

I was certain that such tiers belonged to another particular canon for Transformers, as I don't believe Primus existed within the G1 continuity, and Unicron wasn't even created by The One, but rather freaking Primacron, an ugly looking monkey like creature.

Edit: Iustitia Prime would probably know.

So, should we upgrade Optimus' durability to Large Planet level, scaling from being roughly equal to Megatron, and Megatron's attack potency to the same value?

Or should we do the reverse, and downgrade both of them to "At least Building level", based on Megatron's physical AP, and Optimus' durability?

I would appreciate some input.

Okay. I have done so, although this may cause some inconsistency problems with the descriptions of Megatron's other incarnations in his profile page (they are sometimes described as "higher" for example). I hope thst Iustitia will be able to clear this up later on.

I have also uploaded a new profile picture that I Googled to his page. A render would be appreciated.

I would say yes, you should have and I am glad that you already did, considering that even the toy profiles consider Megatron's level of durability to be slightly below Prime's, therefore it wouldn't make sense for Optimus to have less durability than him.

Back