• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tower of God Slight Downgrade CRT: 2 Redux's, 2 Separate Calcs, and other stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright Damage said that the math was correct for the Hell Joe calc, so now it's
✅The Endorsi Redux is evaluated,
✅The Novick and Ran Clash is evaluated,
✅The Hell Joe calc is looked at,
There's been discussion about the Finger Calc; evaluation pending, (In hindsight I don't need this one)
⏹️The Rose Shower Redux needs to be looked at,
⏹️and I still need a 2nd Opinion on the Bamboo Calc(s)

Last edited:
Biweekly Bamp Lack of activity here is probably for the best as Summer School is hard

@Damage3245
Since I justified the scaling for the mountain size in Urek's Finger Calc and haven't received a counter argument (plus the Hell Joe calc got accepted and it relied on the same size scaling), can I assume that it can be used? (Link: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:ElajRuengies/Mr._Finger_Creates_a_Ravine)

Also- for any calc member in particular- the Bamboo and Rose Shower Calcs still need evaluating.
(Bamboo: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:ElajRuengies/Bam_Destroys_a_Bamboo_Spear)
(Roses: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:ElajRuengies/Rose_Shower_Redux)

Since I justified the scaling for the mountain size in Urek's Finger Calc and haven't received a counter argument (plus the Hell Joe calc got accepted and it relied on the same size scaling), can I assume that it can be used? (Link: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:ElajRuengies/Mr._Finger_Creates_a_Ravine)

Also- for any calc member in particular- the Bamboo and Rose Shower Calcs still need evaluating.
(Bamboo: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:ElajRuengies/Bam_Destroys_a_Bamboo_Spear)
(Roses: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:ElajRuengies/Rose_Shower_Redux)
@Jasonsith @Mr._Bambu @DemonGodMitchAubin @KieranH10 @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

Would any of you be willing to evaluate the second and third calculations listed above please? Nothing has happened here for a long time.

Preferably tell us here when you have done so.

Input regarding the first calculation would also be appreciated.

Well, some of the calculations have been evaluated, and maybe they are very busy and some of them find my notifications annoying and ignore them, but there is no good alternative in order to make revisions with calculations function properly, so I have to continue with my usual organisation work.

Last edited:
Bruh how is it that they still haven't evaluated them. They have been pinged like 10 times already
I mean the pure and simple fact of the matter is, this isn't a primary verse and many CGMs are less active. I went through two dozen calcs yesterday (albeit for a specific purpose), we don't have time to check everything that everyone wants us to check.

Give people a break. If you don't want to do so, do feel free to be a CGM yourself- perhaps you'll find time to dissect other people's work all day long.

I'll take a look at a calc or two for you now, though.

Thank you. I get your point but the thread was made a while ago. That's the main problem i had. Usually it takes one ping and someone would check it out but this time it took multiple. You do you though. Calcs are tough after all.

I mean the pure and simple fact of the matter is, this isn't a primary verse and many CGMs are less active. I went through two dozen calcs yesterday (albeit for a specific purpose), we don't have time to check everything that everyone wants us to check.

Give people a break. If you don't want to do so, do feel free to be a CGM yourself- perhaps you'll find time to dissect other people's work all day long.

I'll take a look at a calc or two for you now, though.
Thank you. I get your point but the thread was made a while ago. That's the main problem i had. Usually it takes one ping and someone would check it out but this time it took multiple. You do you though. Calcs are tough after all.
As the thread maker I'd like to state that I'm fine with the progress of this thread, and can understand why other verses take priority. I'd also like to tell Arceus to apologize for saying "You do you" as if being staff for a large wiki isn't thankless volunteer work, but that would make me look like a suck up because let's be real, nobody ever apologizes on the internet.

It's not even a matter of priority (at least, not with me- I speak on background and foreground verses with relatively equal regularity). It's just we have a limited staff of CGMs, some of whom are borderline inactive. Half a dozen or so of us are generally expected to go through dozens of issues a day site-wide. So while I understand getting antsy at a thread not getting much progress, I'd like to just ask for patience and understanding, which you folks seem to be giving- so thank you.

As for the multiple pings thing... I think you are blissfully unaware of certain threads. The calc group members aren't boycotting Tower of God or anything. It's moreso that, or at least for me, we are often pinged for many threads, oftentimes in scenarios where other CGMs are actively handling it. We can't devote proper attention to each thread each of us are called to.

I have responded to your calcs and would like to thank you for doing them yourself- it is a favor to us and your own revisions, in that it requires less effort from us and requires less CGMs for you to contact to get your revision through. If you would comment here when you've responded, I'd appreciate it. Largely I cannot tell where you're getting certain details. I'd also like to ask specifically @DemonGodMitchAubin to speak again on one of them, as they mentioned assumptions they felt may be an issue.

It's not even a matter of priority (at least, not with me- I speak on background and foreground verses with relatively equal regularity). It's just we have a limited staff of CGMs, some of whom are borderline inactive. Half a dozen or so of us are generally expected to go through dozens of issues a day site-wide. So while I understand getting antsy at a thread not getting much progress, I'd like to just ask for patience and understanding, which you folks seem to be giving- so thank you.

As for the multiple pings thing... I think you are blissfully unaware of certain threads. The calc group members aren't boycotting Tower of God or anything. It's moreso that, or at least for me, we are often pinged for many threads, oftentimes in scenarios where other CGMs are actively handling it. We can't devote proper attention to each thread each of us are called to.

I have responded to your calcs and would like to thank you for doing them yourself- it is a favor to us and your own revisions, in that it requires less effort from us and requires less CGMs for you to contact to get your revision through. If you would comment here when you've responded, I'd appreciate it. Largely I cannot tell where you're getting certain details. I'd also like to ask specifically @DemonGodMitchAubin to speak again on one of them, as they mentioned assumptions they felt may be an issue.
Aight staff inactivity explains a lot. Sorry for for being concerned at the time it took you to get here, this wiki just feels smaller right now as i am having a hard time noticing or finding good threads all the time so it gets me confused.

Thank you very much for helping out Bambu. I meant no disrespect to you or ther others. Me and AKM are also constantly looking for new potential calc group members, and are open to suggestions from you and the others.

Have a sufficient amount of calculations been evaluated and accepted here to proceed with the revisions now, or is there anything important left to do?

Of course not, my comments weren't directed towards you- if anything you, more than anyone, understand being potentially overwhelmed by the upkeep of the wiki. I've evaluated the most recent nominees for Calc Group, aye.

I'm working with the OP here and if DemonGod could elaborate on his comment on the one calc, it can likely be accepted. The thread's purpose isn't quite finished, but I'm happy to work on it til its done.

Alright I've responded- and I've also moved the initial reference images out of imgur and on to the blog and made the images bigger; hope this helps!

(Also I've responded to DemonGodMitchAubin on the Finger Calc as well)
Although... Now that I think about it, I don't actually need the Mr. Finger calc evaluated if White's part of the Bamboo calc is, given how the scaling for Karaka's durability and Urek's 1% finger would turn out. So actually y'all can ignore that one.

Anyways, I think that part that was the assumptions bit was that the White section of the calc guesstimates the amount of Bamboo Spears to be 300, which I got by counting to 100 and eyeballing how many were left compared to the amount I counted.

Last edited:
Mr. Bambu was asking DMGA what was being assumed about the Bamboo Spear calc, while he is also evaluating the Rose Shower calc.

I have responded to his comment (and will also put it here because wiki notifications are buggy)
Alright fair enough on the density point (although the attack is flower heads, not leaves- a different character explicitly uses leaves), but I did assume 50% hollowness for both ends.

Modeling the Rose Shower as a spongey cube like the original calc did, it has a "side length" of ~16272.7 meters; getting volume with 50% hollowness (because the packing efficiency of rosebuds strewn in the air is likely not very high) yields;

~11654.5 meters; modelling it as a half hollow disk/cylinder with a height of ~15321.7 meters yields;
I'll redo the calc with .6 g/cm3 (using high end for bc it's flower heads) on both ends when I get to my laptop

I don't think that's necessary for anyone either than DemonGodMitchAubin since Mr. Bambu was asking him what he thought was assumed about the Bamboo Calc

It seems like at least a part of your calculations have been accepted, and I asked @Damage3245 @DemonGodMitchAubin and @Mr._Bambu for clarifications regarding the others.

I'm still waiting for Mitch on the one calc since he mentioned apprehension with accepting it but never really elaborated.

Yes. I think that I sent a notification to him about that in the blog as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back