• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TORBJÖRN! READY TO DIE!(Torbjörn rework)

Why?

Why though?

Why is a feat from Junker Queen being listed in Torb’s AP justification?

This needs a source.

This needs a source too.
Fought alongside Ana, Genji, and Tracer regularly and is portrayed as comparable to them.

R-7000 Ravagers being in both areas of scaling, hence JQ scaling being in literally everyone worth a damn's AP section.

Mostly gameplay, but I COULD get one of those London Rising sources for omnics being able to draw a bead on Tracer who is directly comparable to Genji, in fact I probably shoulda done that to begin with lmfao

Added

Ye, a few more scans and references wouldn't hurt, but the overall profile is good.
I'd add some references to the intelligence section too, just to back up the claims.

Also, you should link the latest edit history link, rather than the current files and sandbox, for record sake, otherwise this thread will be compromised once the revision is other.

Fought alongside Ana, Genji, and Tracer regularly and is portrayed as comparable to them.
This should be listed in his justification. You shouldn’t just say he’s comparable to someone without explaining why he’s comparable.
R-7000 Ravagers being in both areas of scaling, hence JQ scaling being in literally everyone worth a damn's AP section.
Same as above, actually explain why Torb would scale to Junker Queen.
Also Here's the Omnic speed scaling to Tracer @LordTracer, literally everyone has fought omnics or scales to someone who has
Yeah, his speed justification needs to be changed to reflect that.

This should be listed in his justification. You shouldn’t just say he’s comparable to someone without explaining why he’s comparable.

Same as above, actually explain why Torb would scale to Junker Queen.

Yeah, his speed justification needs to be changed to reflect that.
Last post before I crash

Agreed, will do that when i wake up

R-7000 Ravagers are mentioned in both ends of scaling, should be clear, but I can make that clearer if that's what you want.

Will do.

R-7000 Ravagers are mentioned in both ends of scaling, should be clear, but I can make that clearer if that's what you want.
Yes, please do so. Tbh if the scaling comes directly from the Ravagers, which Ana scales to, I don’t see why you need to mention Junker Queen at all.

Yes, please do so. Tbh if the scaling comes directly from the Ravagers, which Ana scales to, I don’t see why you need to mention Junker Queen at all.
Junker Queen has the calc all the High 8-Cs scale to on her page.

Unless you'd prefer that people jump through hoops just to figure out what calc/value the High 8-C value is

Junker Queen has the calc all the High 8-Cs scale to on her page.

Unless you'd prefer that people jump through hoops just to figure out what calc/value the High 8-C value is
But Torb doesn’t have direct scaling to her. He gets his scaling from the Ravagers, that then scale to Junker Queen. Listing a random feat from Junker Queen that doesn’t even relate to the High 8-C feat doesn’t help to communicate that.

Looking at like two other pages (or the verse page) to find a calculation isn’t what I’d call jumping through hoops. Also you could just list the value that the characters scale to in their justification, like these pages do.

But Torb doesn’t have direct scaling to her. He gets his scaling from the Ravagers, that then scale to Junker Queen. Listing a random feat from Junker Queen that doesn’t even relate to the High 8-C feat doesn’t help to communicate that.

Looking at like two other pages (or the verse page) to find a calculation isn’t what I’d call jumping through hoops. Also you could just list the value that the characters scale to in their justification, like these pages do.
So you're telling me you want me to randomly put in a calc that belongs to Hammond on Torbjörn's page? You wanna know how many canon fights to our knowledge Hammond has had? one. with, guess who? Junker Queen. Anyone with any real knowledge on Overwatch lore will say that Junkers are in their own little universe and any scaling to them is dumb.

if that Statement from JQ saying she's fought Ravagers didn't exist, Overwatch characters outside of Junkers would not have High 8-C scaling. Period. Even big badass Doomfist wouldn't scale to High 8-C. Junker Queen and her statement needs to be on the page or shit WILL get messy.

So you're telling me you want me to randomly put in a calc that belongs to Hammond on Torbjörn's page? You wanna know how many canon fights to our knowledge Hammond has had? one. with, guess who? Junker Queen. Anyone with any real knowledge on Overwatch lore will say that Junkers are in their own little universe and any scaling to them is dumb.

if that Statement from JQ saying she's fought Ravagers didn't exist, Overwatch characters outside of Junkers would not have High 8-C scaling. Period. Even big badass Doomfist wouldn't scale to High 8-C. Junker Queen and her statement needs to be on the page or shit WILL get messy.
I’m not telling you, I’m giving a suggestion to list the calc that everyone scales to on their pages, and have their justifications explain why they scale to that value.

The statement literally doesn’t need to be there though, at least not in the way you have it in the draft. Literally just:
Portrayed as comparable to Ana, who fought the Ravagers, who fought Junker Queen
That’s all you need. The way you have it now makes it seem like you’re directly scaling Torb to Junker Queen, even though that’s not the case.

I’m not telling you, I’m giving a suggestion to list the calc that everyone scales to on their pages, and have their justifications explain why they scale to that value.

The statement literally doesn’t need to be there though, at least not in the way you have it in the draft. Literally just:

That’s all you need. The way you have it now makes it seem like you’re directly scaling Torb to Junker Queen, even though that’s not the case.
JQ isn't 8-C though, she's High 8-C, and the statement for Ravagers comes from an in-game interaction, which is treated as "Likely", if not, we'd be scaling everyone to just High 8-C, it's why JQ scaling is in the likely High 8-C section of the profile.

Also, JQ saying she's finds them a bit gimmicky(As stated on the profile) is literally reason for downscaling lmfao

JQ isn't 8-C though, she's High 8-C, and the statement for Ravagers comes from an in-game interaction, which is treated as "Likely", if not, we'd be scaling everyone to just High 8-C, it's why JQ scaling is in the likely High 8-C section of the profile.

Also, JQ saying she's finds them a bit gimmicky(As stated on the profile) is literally reason for downscaling lmfao
I never said Junker Queen was 8-C though…? Literally all I’m asking you to do is reword the justification to make it more clear why Torb scales to High 8-C, instead of just listing a Junker Queen feat without explaining how it relates to Torb.

I never said Junker Queen was 8-C though…? Literally all I’m asking you to do is reword the justification to make it more clear why Torb scales to High 8-C,
Okay I'll restate that Torb has fought in the omnic crisis and as such had to fight Ravagers.

Ain't like there's any big thing about it since Ravagers are already mentioned in both areas of scaling.

I never said Junker Queen was 8-C though…? Literally all I’m asking you to do is reword the justification to make it more clear why Torb scales to High 8-C, instead of just listing a Junker Queen feat without explaining how it relates to Torb.
Say a thing so I can apply this damn revision.

Back