• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Topaz's Stat Equal Video Game Tournament: Round 3! Lance (EBF5) vs Mega Man (Post Stardroid)

Alright, so what exactly is Mega Man gonna start with here? Lance is probably going to start by using Scan, probably figure out that Mega Man is a robot in some form- and given that Mega Man is a robot, try Electric or Water based attacks. Well. Electric based attacks wont work, so he's probably gonna try Water or Bomb (given robot based foes in EBF are usually weak to Electric/Bomb/Water)

Alright, so what exactly is Mega Man gonna start with here? Lance is probably going to start by using Scan, probably figure out that Mega Man is a robot in some form- and given that Mega Man is a robot, try Electric or Water based attacks. Well. Electric based attacks wont work, so he's probably gonna try Water or Bomb (given robot based foes in EBF are usually weak to Electric/Bomb/Water)
Mega Man leads with going through various weapons to try to find a weakness or whatever his most efficient weapon has to be in taking down enemies. He's also prone to dodging attacks, and combined with the fact that Lance is almost always stationary on the ground to the point where he struggles to dodge enemies on a similar speed to him without his jet, he's more likely to be hit. Also, if Mega Man dies, he can come back with spare bodies. Given how he can carry 99 of them, you'd need to kill him that amount of times to for him to die for good. And if Lance dies at any point, the battle will just reset back to the beginning where Rock will have his 99 lives as if nothing happened.

Speaking which, how many times are characters here allowed to be resurrected if they can come back an endless amount of times?

Also, no, Electricity and Water attacks aren't going to do serious damage on Mega Man as he's been used to taking hits from those attacks.

I mean usually i restrict the lives thing to 10, its just some random number i chose and im keeping to
Also for this im imagining that Lance is actually going to actually dodge and properly make use of his skills given the fact that most forms of immortality are....restricted

But i digress. Even if Lance is standing stock still and barely dodging anything, he can just swap armors to resist most of what Mega Man fires out (or outright healing off of it thanks to absorption.

Also given how Lance is usually with Neon Valkyrie (as per standard equipment), that may also throw a wrench into Mega Man's plan with the added firepower and literal on demand nuclear warheads

Also for this im imagining that Lance is actually going to actually dodge and properly make use of his skills given the fact that most forms of immortality are....restricted
Which is hard for him to do on the ground against someone on the same speed as him and with a good aim. And yes Lance has his skills, but they've all been shown to be dodgeable.
But i digress. Even if Lance is standing stock still and barely dodging anything, he can just swap armors to resist most of what Mega Man fires out (or outright healing off of it thanks to absorption.
Mega Man is the type to switch to the most efficient weapons for all the enemies and forms he faces, so this isn't much of an issue for him.
Also given how Lance is usually with Neon Valkyrie (as per standard equipment), that may also throw a wrench into Mega Man's plan with the added firepower and literal on demand nuclear warheads
Not the first time Mega Man has had to deal with more than one opponent in battle, especially since he has some AoE attacks to handle just that. Hell, with how the Neon Valkyrie functions, it acts similar to many Wily Machines that Mega Man fights regularly.

I mean if Lance is going to be in his EBF5 key, wouldnt he also get stuff from Bullet Heaven 2? Considering the EBF5 key just states "all previous abilities" and doesnt mention anything to not include BH2? So Lance wouldnt always be on the ground. Just pointin it out

But yes, fair enough. However, looking at Mega Man's resistances, Lance can just apply Bad Luck, Weak/Tired/Curse to bog him down, utilize the Bad Luck/Doom combo for Instant Death, not to mention the insane boosts Lance would get from Good Luck, Regen, and even Haste from all the various flairs

Now sure, you might mention "but Mega Man has Inorganic Physiology, so Death Manip wouldnt work", but do keep in mind Instant Death can still work on Lance's own Flybots, which are robots, not to mention other non-organic enemies in the series (also because its Magic)

I mean if Lance is going to be in his EBF5 key, wouldnt he also get stuff from Bullet Heaven 2? Considering the EBF5 key just states "all previous abilities" and doesnt mention anything to not include BH2? So Lance wouldnt always be on the ground. Just pointin it out
Because he never at any point gets his jet in that game. Combined with the fact that EBF5 is a reboot to the entire series, even if he got his memory of the past games back, it still doesn't change the fact that he doesn't have his jet.
But yes, fair enough. However, looking at Mega Man's resistances, Lance can just apply Bad Luck, Weak/Tired/Curse to bog him down, utilize the Bad Luck/Doom combo for Instant Death, not to mention the insane boosts Lance would get from Good Luck, Regen, and even Haste from all the various flairs
Which again, are dodgeable. And depending on what armors and weapons Lance has on, it's going to change his resistances, which could potentially leave him vulnerable to moves like Flash Stopper, Time Stopper, Gravity Hold (Which doubles as BFR that the player controlling Lance can't reset from), Spark Shock, and even getting transmuted into a 1-Up with the M-Tank (Which Lance can never resist no matter what armor he has on).
Now sure, you might mention "but Mega Man has Inorganic Physiology, so Death Manip wouldnt work", but do keep in mind Instant Death can still work on Lance's own Flybots, which are robots, not to mention other non-organic enemies in the series (also because its Magic)
Fair on the instant death part. But like I said, they dodgeable to which Mega Man's entire strategy is to find patterns when avoiding attacks proficiently. Also, Mega Man has fought and taken hits from magic users before (In the form of Magic Man).

Realistically, not many of Lance's armors and weapons give him any vulnerabilities, but ah well.

You also seem to be ignoring that Lance also has AoE attacks. Well, the fire and electric attacks wont work, but considering Antimatter Flux is something Mega Man doesnt resist....along with just being exploded. Remember, Lance's first move is going to be scanning him with Info Analysis. He's going to know what makes Mega Man tick, figure out a weakness, and then exploits it. He would probably figure out that Mega Man is looking for patterns

Also im pretty sure Lance resists black holes/gravity based BFR.....considering he could literally walk in and out of Akron's black hole with little issue, Time Stopper being resisted by time based stun resist (Slow Down says hi), and i dont know what Flash Stopper does....but Lance may resist it with one of his armors

Anyways
What does Mega Man have against Lance's time based speed amp with Haste? It being passive with the Stop Watch and all that

(also sorry for any slow replies, i havent been feeling my best. sickness sucks lol)

You also seem to be ignoring that Lance also has AoE attacks. Well, the fire and electric attacks wont work, but considering Antimatter Flux is something Mega Man doesnt resist....along with just being exploded. Remember, Lance's first move is going to be scanning him with Info Analysis. He's going to know what makes Mega Man tick, figure out a weakness, and then exploits it. He would probably figure out that Mega Man is looking for patterns
AoE attacks that have been shown to be dodgeable in the game. I have never neglected those. Fair point on the antimatter flux, but Mega Man has had experience dealing with explosive users. As much as scanning Mega Man is useful for Lance, Mega Man has been used to fighting opponents who know him.
Also im pretty sure Lance resists black holes/gravity based BFR.....considering he could literally walk in and out of Akron's black hole with little issue, Time Stopper being resisted by time based stun resist (Slow Down says hi), and i dont know what Flash Stopper does....but Lance may resist it with one of his armors
More specifically, gravity pushing him down/lifting him up. He's never been shown to resist having his gravitational direction reversed upside down. And it's possible for him to still get affected by the attack if he's not wearing the gear that resists said attack, and speaking which, Magic Card allows Mega Man to grab items, so he has the potential to disarm Lance with it. As for Flash Stopper, it emits a light bright enough to stun enemies, and also layered since Bright Man using that weapon has been shown to affect Mega Man with it despite how he could take hits and still move from Spark Man's Spark Shock which can immobilize enemies.
What does Mega Man have against Lance's time based speed amp with Haste? It being passive with the Stop Watch and all that
He's got the Speed Gear to enhance his own speed when needed, and if Lance isn't wearing any stun resistant gear, he can be affected by time-based weapons.

Back